TBR Books Editions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orthoboy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys, are the 2009 edition TBR Books pretty much the same as the 2011 edition? Or were there a lot of changes?

Thanks

General chemistry and organic chemistry are essentially the same. There have been some minor changes ( a couple of questions have been switched or added, a couple explanations have been expanded, and some drawings have been upgraded). But if you're asking if you should spend the money to get 2011 instead of 2009 for chemistry, the answer is no.

Biology now has a practice exam at the end of each book that is really good. Other than that, it's pretty much the same book. Again, 2009 is fine.

Physics. 2011 is much different than 2009, with answer explantions to the b-questions, additional questions, new passages, more than double the test tricks (many that used to only be given in lectures), and improved sections for E&M and Optics. It's worth the effort (time and money) to get the latest book. The 2009 book is excellent (it help build the strong reputation), but the 2011 book is even better.

Verbal is the same in 2009 and 2011.

I have biology 2010 edition, is 2011 much different?
General chemistry and organic chemistry are essentially the same. There have been some minor changes ( a couple of questions have been switched or added, a couple explanations have been expanded, and some drawings have been upgraded). But if you're asking if you should spend the money to get 2011 instead of 2009 for chemistry, the answer is no.

Biology now has a practice exam at the end of each book that is really good. Other than that, it's pretty much the same book. Again, 2009 is fine.

Physics. 2011 is much different than 2009, with answer explantions to the b-questions, additional questions, new passages, more than double the test tricks (many that used to only be given in lectures), and improved sections for E&M and Optics. It's worth the effort (time and money) to get the latest book. The 2009 book is excellent (it help build the strong reputation), but the 2011 book is even better.

Verbal is the same in 2009 and 2011.

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't "Physics 2011" actually the Oct. 2010 released Physics book? Or am I missing an update here?

Isn't "Physics 2011" actually the Oct. 2010 released Physics book? Or am I missing an update here?

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out whether I have the old or new Physics book. My order was shipped from TBR on 10/25/2010.

If it was indeed released in October...it doesn't seem fair that I was sent an old edition...

Last edited: