TBR CBT's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RSum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Soooooo I just ordered TBR CBT's. I got an email confirming the access, I wanted to ask, other than them being more challenging, is there anything I should be prepared for in regards to how it is given, how it differs or with any particular section (PS, VR, etc.)? How do they compare to current MCAT (Any April/May test takers reading this?)

Also, should I try to take these before AAMC's or do both interchangeably?

Members don't see this ad.

The first few exams seem to have a little more organic chem than the real test. I took several Princeton review exams, two Kaplans exams, all the AAMCs and 4 TBR exams. TBR is the best besides the AAMCs. I scored 31 and 33 on my last two TBR tests and got a 32 on the real thing.

Some people may say to take the TBR exams first and leave the AAMCs for last, but I would personally suggest taking them interchangeably and save AAMC 8-11 for last.

By the way, TBR test 5 has the most difficult PS section I have ever taken. I scored a 6 on it, while I scored an 11 on most other tests and a 10 on exam day.

Members don't see this ad :)
The first few exams seem to have a little more organic chem than the real test. I took several Princeton review exams, two Kaplans exams, all the AAMCs and 4 TBR exams. TBR is the best besides the AAMCs. I scored 31 and 33 on my last two TBR tests and got a 32 on the real thing.

Some people may say to take the TBR exams first and leave the AAMCs for last, but I would personally suggest taking them interchangeably and save AAMC 8-11 for last.

By the way, TBR test 5 has the most difficult PS section I have ever taken. I scored a 6 on it, while I scored an 11 on most other tests and a 10 on exam day.

Thanks so much, also how would you say Verbal compares? Should I expect differences?

Their materials are very expensive and they ALWAYS have technical problems with their CBTs. Their customer service is lacking as well. I've emailed them a few times and they have never replied to me. Phone call is the best way to get a hold of them. When you finally get a hold of somebody, their typical response is your problem will be solved "by the end of the day." If I could do it all over again, I would not buy any of their material and just focus on the AAMC practice tests! :(

So far I have taken TBR1 and TBR2 and I think both of them have a lot more ochem than the AAMCs. Also, there are glitches with the scoring..for example, it marked wrong 6 problems on my TBR2 that I had gotten correct. And finally, sometimes the pages can take several minutes to load (a huge PITA when you're trying to take the tests and the timer doesn't pause).

In terms of verbal, I think the passages are a bit longer than the AAMC ones.

How long did you guys have to wait from the time you order the CBTs till the time you got them? Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

I mailed out my form on a Friday and got my email by the following wed/thurs.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SDN Mobile

Their materials are very expensive and they ALWAYS have technical problems with their CBTs. Their customer service is lacking as well. I've emailed them a few times and they have never replied to me. Phone call is the best way to get a hold of them. When you finally get a hold of somebody, their typical response is your problem will be solved "by the end of the day." If I could do it all over again, I would not buy any of their material and just focus on the AAMC practice tests! :(
I agree about the whole timing thing. I timed the time lapse between questions/sections of a whole entire CBT and the total lag time was 7 minutes!!!! I tried it on another computer to see if it was my laptop that had issues and it was about the same. It can be so frustrating, but I've already bought 7 CBTs so I don't have a choice but to deal with it