TBR General Chemistry Gases Section.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mces97

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In example 6.13, it says the temperature is 100C. In the solution they use 400K. Is this because from 373 to 400 will not change the answer significantly, or is the temperature suppose to be 400? If it should be 400, I am not understanding why it is 400, because C to K= C + 273. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

In example 6.13, it says the temperature is 100C. In the solution they use 400K. Is this because from 373 to 400 will not change the answer significantly, or is the temperature suppose to be 400? If it should be 400, I am not understanding why it is 400, because C to K= C + 273. Thanks

It's the former. On the MCAT you are USUALLY okay rounding like this. Really go through these books and passages. I was annoyed thinking they are ridiculous and detailed (kinetics chapter especially). I took in on 9/8 and got two tough kinetics passages that were verbatim to TBR! So, yes, the MCAT can ask about anything. Good luck.