TBR Review book Passage difficulty?

Started by Kouger86
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Kouger86

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where would TBR review book passages rank in terms of difficulty in comparison to AAMC?
 
I don't know, but I was doing them, and some of them are really hard. I love the explanations though. What I've been doing is I finish the passages, then I go to the answer page, and before looking at the answer, I solve the question again in my head, and then I look at the explanation. I keep going further so that if I learn something new during explanation of an answer, I'll get it when I do the next problem. In effect, I do each problem twice (once to get an answer, and once while reviewing). But I was also curious where TBR review passages rank with AAMC.
 
I don't know, but I was doing them, and some of them are really hard. I love the explanations though. What I've been doing is I finish the passages, then I go to the answer page, and before looking at the answer, I solve the question again in my head, and then I look at the explanation. I keep going further so that if I learn something new during explanation of an answer, I'll get it when I do the next problem. In effect, I do each problem twice (once to get an answer, and once while reviewing). But I was also curious where TBR review passages rank with AAMC.

Your approach is EXCELLENT!!! You learn so much by trying a question a second time and reviewing the answer explanations. More learning and improvement occurs doing that than any other thing.

As far as difficulty goes, people tend to say that BR book passages are harder than the AAMC material and actual MCAT. The difference is that there aren't very many freebie questions in the BR books.