TCMC vs. Rutgers Newark MBS

Started by madMD01
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

madMD01

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I'm on the fence deciding which program is best for an SMP. Currently I've been accepted to Rutgers Newark Medical Scholars Program and TCMC MBS program. Both schools seem great and have strong track records getting their students into well respected med schools. I've also applied to Rutgers RWJ MBS, Tufts MBS, and Duke MBS and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I'm an NJ resident.
One massive pro for Rutgers is the in-state tuition, around $22k for the year while TCMC is $42k before living expenses.
Can anybody who's been to either give some input?
Thanks!
 
Hey all,

I'm on the fence deciding which program is best for an SMP. Currently I've been accepted to Rutgers Newark Medical Scholars Program and TCMC MBS program. Both schools seem great and have strong track records getting their students into well respected med schools. I've also applied to Rutgers RWJ MBS, Tufts MBS, and Duke MBS and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I'm an NJ resident.
One massive pro for Rutgers is the in-state tuition, around $22k for the year while TCMC is $42k before living expenses.
Can anybody who's been to either give some input?
Thanks!
TCMC is like 4 years old. I think this year, or next will be their first graduating medical school class. I think you should go with the established program and med school programs - Tufts and Rutgers. I've never seen Duke discussed on here so cannot relay anything