Canuck99

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
299
0
Status
Pre-Medical
It is rare that I come across anything about TCOM on the pre-DO forum. It might have something to do with the fact that they only take 10% out of state. I interviewed there about two weeks ago. Anyone else with an interview or interest in going there?
 

AFSmiley

Member
10+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2005
296
2
37
Texas
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Canuck99 said:
It is rare that I come across anything about TCOM on the pre-DO forum. It might have something to do with the fact that they only take 10% out of state. I interviewed there about two weeks ago. Anyone else with an interview or interest in going there?
I am, but I'm also a resident of Texas. I talked to someone last week who had just gotten back from an interview, and he said he absolutely loved it. They came to my school, said their accepted stats were a 28 on the MCAT and a 3.5 GPA, but they emphasized that numbers are only a part of the whole package. Aren't those numbers a little higher than most Osteopathic schools, that might have something to do with it also.
 
About the Ads

dr.z

15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
4,094
4
Detroit, MI
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I'm an out of stater (also non-citizen). I interviewed there 8/5. My MCAT is lower than their average. I really liked the school a lot, but I agree that not too many people talk about TCOM here.

Canuck99, are you out of state resident?
 

Canuck99

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
299
0
Status
Pre-Medical
I am an in-stater, and I dont like that I have to wait until February 1st to find out whether I am accepted, or even wait-listed. Anyone else have a problem with the TX Match System?

Yes, 28 MCAT is definitely higher than most if not all of the other DO schools. I have a feeling that this is because TCOM has to compete with all the TX MD schools. MY MCAT is quite a bit lower than this average, but being granted an interview has to mean something.
 

AFSmiley

Member
10+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2005
296
2
37
Texas
Status
Resident [Any Field]
The system is frustrating. However, our Health Professions Advisor said the system is going to Rolling Admissions next year. Not all the kinks are worked out, but I think it'll be better.
 

Canuck99

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
299
0
Status
Pre-Medical
JMPeffer said:
The system is frustrating. However, our Health Professions Advisor said the system is going to Rolling Admissions next year. Not all the kinks are worked out, but I think it'll be better.
I have heard the same thing as well. Too late for me though.
 

nrddct

carlover
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2003
496
3
TX
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
I completed the post bacc program last year and the quality of education is first class. I interviewed there about a month and a half ago for the third time so I hope thats the charm. :) TCOM's higher entrance requirements certainly attracts more qualified candidates compared to other D.O. programs. I do have concerns about the rotation sites. Since the closiing of the DO hospital last year (which was also TCOM's teaching hospital) I hear the rotation sites are not that great. Plaza does not let students touch the patients or write orders. I'm hearing this second hand so someone chime in and tell their expereince.
 

RD330

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
71
1
39
Texas
Status
Pre-Medical
I had an interview at TCOM and looovvved it! My mcat is below the average, so i'm worried about acceptance/wait listing. Would it be accurate to say...if you've gotten an interview, they can't hold a "below average" mcat score against you? Any opinions?
 

dr.z

15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
4,094
4
Detroit, MI
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
RD330 said:
My mcat is below the average, so i'm worried about acceptance/wait listing.
I'm worried about this too, and I am out of state applicant. I really liked the school a lot. It's been a long wait thus far, and I still have few more months to go.
 

hyperbaric

Cool under pressure.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2005
1,014
2
Status
Attending Physician
nrddct said:
I completed the post bacc program last year and the quality of education is first class. I interviewed there about a month and a half ago for the third time so I hope thats the charm. :) TCOM's higher entrance requirements certainly attracts more qualified candidates compared to other D.O. programs. I do have concerns about the rotation sites. Since the closiing of the DO hospital last year (which was also TCOM's teaching hospital) I hear the rotation sites are not that great. Plaza does not let students touch the patients or write orders. I'm hearing this second hand so someone chime in and tell their expereince.
I'm sorry for those that lost their jobs at the Osteopathic Hospital and that Fort Worth lost a great hospital, but as medical students our education only benefited from its closure. JPS is TCOM's primary teaching hospital now. For the out-of-staters JPS (= John Peter Smith) is the county hospital. I think you can figure out what that means in terms of great pathology during rotations. The orthopedic residents were present in many of our gross anatomy labs this semester and even 'pimped' each tank.

Keep in mind I'm only a first year, but you can check out Kim Higgins student diary on SDN. She is a TCOM MSIII and has been posting since her pre-med days.
 

rossiniane1

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2005
22
0
TX
Status
nrddct said:
I completed the post bacc program last year and the quality of education is first class. I interviewed there about a month and a half ago for the third time so I hope thats the charm. :) TCOM's higher entrance requirements certainly attracts more qualified candidates compared to other D.O. programs. I do have concerns about the rotation sites. Since the closiing of the DO hospital last year (which was also TCOM's teaching hospital) I hear the rotation sites are not that great. Plaza does not let students touch the patients or write orders. I'm hearing this second hand so someone chime in and tell their expereince.
I am interested in the post bacc program. How did you like it? How hard was it? Do you think it will do a good job of preparing you for some of the material that is covered in the first 2 years? I remember hearing 26 ppl tried it last year, and 12 met the 3.5 GPA requirement and entered TCOM. How are the professors, the class sizes, and the labs? I would love to hear your opinion on this stuff and anything else you don't mind sharing. Thanks!!!!!!!
mark
 
About the Ads

Canuck99

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
299
0
Status
Pre-Medical
rossiniane1 said:
I am interested in the post bacc program. How did you like it? How hard was it? Do you think it will do a good job of preparing you for some of the material that is covered in the first 2 years? I remember hearing 26 ppl tried it last year, and 12 met the 3.5 GPA requirement and entered TCOM. How are the professors, the class sizes, and the labs? I would love to hear your opinion on this stuff and anything else you don't mind sharing. Thanks!!!!!!!
mark
Here is the link to the info on the UNTHSC-TCOM website,

http://www.hsc.unt.edu/education/gsbs/disciplines.cfm#postbac

I applied to the program last year, got wait-listed, later accepted, and eventually turned it down.
 

nrddct

carlover
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2003
496
3
TX
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
I thought the post bacc was program was pretty tough. Not only was there a lot of information to learn, but everyone was very cutthroat. My class was the one with 26 and 12 made the 3.5. However the 3.5 wasn't guaranteed so some were waitlisted. NOT EVERYONE that made the 3.5 got into TCOM. I felt sorry for those that made the grade after going through hell for a year and still not get in. Luckily I didn't make the 3.5. :) As for classes, second semester you take anatomy with the med students which was really good experience. The info you learn throughout your postbacc is the exact same stuff as the med school classes. Same slides!!! This gives you a definate advantage as a first year. But you decide to go into the post bacc, the profs aren't joking when they say to hit the ground running. You need to make the grade no matter what!
 

rossiniane1

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2005
22
0
TX
Status
Thanks for the responses. So, the impression I had was that if you make the 3.5 you are "pretty likely" to make it into the next TCOM class. Any idea why some made it in, and others didnt? All things considered would you suggest the program to others/me? I am a little worried that if you bust your butt for a 3.5+ you might not get accepted. I suppose the other aspects of your application may have a lot do with it though. I have never really been in a cutthroat environment. Doesn't sound good. Does it become more of a competition for A's with other students? How hard is it to get accepted into the program? And regarding TCOM, how much patient exposure do MS1/MS2 get to have? One of the best doctors I have ever seen was a TCOM grad. To be honest I had no idea what a DO was until I volunteered with him. I was thoroughly impressed by him and then by the open house deal in August. That McDonalds near TCOM is the nicest McDonalds I have EVER seen, by the way. :)

muchos gracias!
mark
 

nrddct

carlover
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2003
496
3
TX
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
We were given the impression that if we got a 3.5 then we would be in the next years class. Adcoms granted all of us an interview. There was controvesy at the end of the year b/c the school did not expect 12 of us make the grade. TCOM was only holding about 7-8 spots in their class of the post bacc program, thats why some got waitlisted. This years class has even more students, I hear about 35 postbaccs for the same 7-8 spots so the competition is even more intense. You can apply to other schools though which most people do. Given the past reputation of the post baccs from TCOM, the tx schools like us. Most post baccs end up near the top of the class. Gunners?

If you don't get into TCOM, chances are high that you'll end up somewhere next year. I applied out of state and got into KCUMB. Also, the year after post bacc, you can take your credits and finish a masters program in clinical research management which only takes 6months. That way you can strengthen your application.

I think the post bacc program at TCOM is a good option after undergrad. It's a "back door" into med school even though the competition is more intense. You have other options after post bacc such as grad school so its not a complete waste if you don't get in your first try. Not sure how hard it is to get accepted into the post bacc. I was waitlisted at TCOM before and already had my BS in neurscience when I applied.
 

Canuck99

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
299
0
Status
Pre-Medical
rossiniane1 said:
Canuck,
Thanks. Would you mind sharing why you turned it down? A PM fine if you prefer.
muchos gracias,
mark
Not a problem. Both my wife and I were wait listed, and at that time we were moving out of our apartment and had to make other living arrangments. when we were finally accepted it was too late because we had already settled somewhere no where near ft. worth. when applying to the post-bac program I also had one remaining class to take to get my Bio degree, which i would have had to take over the summer if i got accepted. when i got wait-listed i decided that i didnt want to waste one of my last summers so i opted to wait and take it in the fall, also assuming that i would not get off the wait list. sure enough we both got accepted but it was too late. we also decided that we did not want to go into debt before starting med school, so while on the wait list we had pretty much decided that if we did get accepted we would probably turn it down. another problem has been stated above. we did not want to work our asses off, get the 3.5, and possibly not get in. if we had been accepted right away, we more than likely would have done it. but i do not regret turning it down. hope that helps.
 

pecanpie

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2005
10
0
Status
Medical Student
RD330 said:
I had an interview at TCOM and looovvved it! My mcat is below the average, so i'm worried about acceptance/wait listing. Would it be accurate to say...if you've gotten an interview, they can't hold a "below average" mcat score against you? Any opinions?

I wouldn't worry too much about the low MCAT scores. I know plenty of current students who had MCATs of 25 or even lower. There are a lot of students with above 30 MCATs also, which accounts for the high average. As long as you have really good grades and profess your love for Osteopathy, you will have a chance. If you interviewed, your stats are good enough. Just realize that TCOM is full of gunners, at least my class is.

TCOM is one of the better DO schools and rivals most MD schools in the quality of education and quality of students.

For you out of staters, I think by law, because TCOM is a public state supported institution, it must take 90% in-state residents. The remaining 10% must be stellar to get in because Texas has plenty of highly qualified applicants as it is.

Also, not that it should matter, but it's good to know, TCOM has the longest school year of any school I know of. You get one month off for summer and two weeks for Winter Break.
 

Canuck99

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2005
299
0
Status
Pre-Medical
pecanpie said:
I wouldn't worry too much about the low MCAT scores. I know plenty of current students who had MCATs of 25 or even lower. There are a lot of students with above 30 MCATs also, which accounts for the high average. As long as you have really good grades and profess your love for Osteopathy, you will have a chance. If you interviewed, your stats are good enough. Just realize that TCOM is full of gunners, at least my class is.

TCOM is one of the better DO schools and rivals most MD schools in the quality of education and quality of students.

For you out of staters, I think by law, because TCOM is a public state supported institution, it must take 90% in-state residents. The remaining 10% must be stellar to get in because Texas has plenty of highly qualified applicants as it is.

Also, not that it should matter, but it's good to know, TCOM has the longest school year of any school I know of. You get one month off for summer and two weeks for Winter Break.
thanks for the info.
 

vipergts66

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2005
74
0
Status
i applied to TCOM! app sent out in July and interviewed in early September. I'm an in-stater and it's killing me having to wait until Feb 1st. GL everyone! :luck:
 

ozzy

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2005
31
0
Texas
Status
I too am dying from the wait. I interviewed in October...

I'm a non-trad student...post-bac, 32 yr old, with a lot of community service experience. Does anyone know how much those factors sway a school like TCOM? Also, how much wieght do the interviews carry? More or less versus your numbers?

Thanks!
 
About the Ads

nrddct

carlover
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2003
496
3
TX
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
For those of you that got in elsewhere, do you plan on telling tcom of your acceptance?
 

rossiniane1

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2005
22
0
TX
Status
is TCOM done with interview invites?

sorry but i can't help with the other questions, so TTT
 

AFSmiley

Member
10+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2005
296
2
37
Texas
Status
Resident [Any Field]
ozzy said:
I too am dying from the wait. I interviewed in October...

I'm a non-trad student...post-bac, 32 yr old, with a lot of community service experience. Does anyone know how much those factors sway a school like TCOM? Also, how much wieght do the interviews carry? More or less versus your numbers?

Thanks!
Those factors won't hurt you! I'm pretty sure they like non-traditional students and their experiences beyond the college years. Interviews carry a lot of weight. If you got invited to an interview.....I think that says something about your chances
 

nrddct

carlover
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2003
496
3
TX
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
I went and saw Joel Daboub, director of admissions a few minutes ago. ACOM just finished their last set of interviews yesterday. So all they have to do now is finish with their evaluations and submit thier rankings to tmdsas.
 

Plinko

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2003
259
0
Texas
Visit site
Status
hyperbaric said:
I'm sorry for those that lost their jobs at the Osteopathic Hospital and that Fort Worth lost a great hospital, but as medical students our education only benefited from its closure. JPS is TCOM's primary teaching hospital now. For the out-of-staters JPS (= John Peter Smith) is the county hospital. I think you can figure out what that means in terms of great pathology during rotations. The orthopedic residents were present in many of our gross anatomy labs this semester and even 'pimped' each tank.

Keep in mind I'm only a first year, but you can check out Kim Higgins student diary on SDN. She is a TCOM MSIII and has been posting since her pre-med days.
I'm a MS 4 at TCOM. I just wanted to verify that this is all true. JPS Depts of OBGYN, Ortho, and a handful of others have merged with TCOM's departments of the same specialty. Many of the other departments at the two respective institutions are supposed to do the same in the future. Most MS IIIs do their rotations there. JPS is the best possible place for a medical student to do their rotations in Fort Worth.

The experiences alluded to by a previous poster about Plaza Medical Center are untrue. I did my medicine rotation there and I can tell you that student's repsonsibilities there are no different than anywhere else I've been--that includes fourth year electives at prestigious allopathic medical schools. Although I will say Plaza is a private community hospital so you will not see the same stuff you would at JPS, so in that way it is not nearly as good. And as an aside, I certainly hope Plaza, or any other medical school in the country for that matter, is not letting med students write orders. You have to be a physician or it's against the law.
 

pmak67

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
82
0
TX
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks for the info, Plinko. I'm one of the few out of staters who has been accepted into TCOM's class for 2006 and I appreciate any/all info I can get from current/past students. I've met some wonderful classmates of yours so far. My wife and I will be moving to FW in the spring to begin getting adjusted to the changes between TX and California, where we live currently.
 

DaveinDallas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2004
417
1
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Congratulations on your acceptance. You'll love the school. Lots of hard work but lots of fun and support from upperclassmen also.
 
About the Ads

sj786

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2005
112
0
Status
Pre-Medical
Congratulations.
pmak67, when did you interview?
 

dr.z

15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
4,094
4
Detroit, MI
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Congrats pmak67! I wish I was already accepted. I have to wait till the match eventhough I'm out of state. I hope I still have some chance.
 

pecanpie

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2005
10
0
Status
Medical Student
pmak67 said:
Thanks for the info, Plinko. I'm one of the few out of staters who has been accepted into TCOM's class for 2006 and I appreciate any/all info I can get from current/past students. I've met some wonderful classmates of yours so far. My wife and I will be moving to FW in the spring to begin getting adjusted to the changes between TX and California, where we live currently.

How do you know you got accepted? I thought you don't find out until Feb 1st? Do out of staters have different app procedure?
 

dr.z

15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
4,094
4
Detroit, MI
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
pecanpie said:
How do you know you got accepted? I thought you don't find out until Feb 1st? Do out of staters have different app procedure?
Out of staters can be accepted on rolling basis after Oct. 15th.
 

Plinko

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2003
259
0
Texas
Visit site
Status
pmak67 said:
Thanks for the info, Plinko. I'm one of the few out of staters who has been accepted into TCOM's class for 2006 and I appreciate any/all info I can get from current/past students. I've met some wonderful classmates of yours so far. My wife and I will be moving to FW in the spring to begin getting adjusted to the changes between TX and California, where we live currently.
Congrats on your acceptance. TCOM is a very progressive school that is serious about achieving a nation-wide reputation for excellence. I think you'll end up liking it. It is rare that I talk to a classmate who was not satisfied with his/her education. Feel free to PM me with any questions about making the transition to Fort Worth. Good luck.
 

hyperbaric

Cool under pressure.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2005
1,014
2
Status
Attending Physician
Plinko said:
Congrats on your acceptance. TCOM is a very progressive school that is serious about achieving a nation-wide reputation for excellence. I think you'll end up liking it. It is rare that I talk to a classmate who was not satisfied with his/her education. Feel free to PM me with any questions about making the transition to Fort Worth. Good luck.

Agreed. :thumbup:
 

vipergts66

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2005
74
0
Status
did anyone else get a christmas card from the admissions office? i'm hoping this is somewhat of a good thing, though maybe all interviewees get sent one?
 

dr.z

15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
4,094
4
Detroit, MI
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
vipergts66 said:
did anyone else get a christmas card from the admissions office? i'm hoping this is somewhat of a good thing, though maybe all interviewees get sent one?
I got one too. I'm sure everyone got them.
 

USCguy

Earnest Internist
10+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2005
320
29
Status
Attending Physician
I'm interested in TCOM also. I'm out of state, so what kind of stats do I need to make a good run of it. Can anyone clear up the OOS/In-state tuition deal. I read on SDN somewhere that if you get a $1,000 scholarship, you will also receive in-state tuition. Even OOS tuition seems to be the cheapest at $19k/year.

Thanks
 

dr.z

15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
4,094
4
Detroit, MI
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
USCguy said:
I'm interested in TCOM also. I'm out of state, so what kind of stats do I need to make a good run of it. Can anyone clear up the OOS/In-state tuition deal. I read on SDN somewhere that if you get a $1,000 scholarship, you will also receive in-state tuition. Even OOS tuition seems to be the cheapest at $19k/year.

Thanks
If your stats are close to other Texas medical schools (GPA 3.5 or above and MCAT around 30), I think you'll have a decent shot. Although they do look at things other than numbers so it is hard to say what numbers you need exactly.

It is true that if you get $1,000 scholarship, you get in-state tuition. There are fees associated with tuition around $7,200 so the total tuition and fees become $27k/year. Which still is cheaper than most private schools.
 

hyperbaric

Cool under pressure.
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2005
1,014
2
Status
Attending Physician
Plinko said:
I'm a MS 4 at TCOM. I just wanted to verify that this is all true. JPS Depts of OBGYN, Ortho, and a handful of others have merged with TCOM's departments of the same specialty. Many of the other departments at the two respective institutions are supposed to do the same in the future. Most MS IIIs do their rotations there. JPS is the best possible place for a medical student to do their rotations in Fort Worth.

The experiences alluded to by a previous poster about Plaza Medical Center are untrue. I did my medicine rotation there and I can tell you that student's repsonsibilities there are no different than anywhere else I've been--that includes fourth year electives at prestigious allopathic medical schools. Although I will say Plaza is a private community hospital so you will not see the same stuff you would at JPS, so in that way it is not nearly as good. And as an aside, I certainly hope Plaza, or any other medical school in the country for that matter, is not letting med students write orders. You have to be a physician or it's against the law.
From the UNTHSC home page...

UNT Physicians Group Expands

The University of North Texas Physicians Group and the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine have added approximately 100 new clinical faculty members from the North Texas Affiliated Medical Group.

“Incorporating physicians from NTAMG into the UNT Physicians Group and TCOM will move us forward and allow us to expand clinical services, provide new research opportunities and advance our academic programs,” said Marc Hahn, DO, dean of the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine.

The enhanced UNT Physicians Group and TCOM are now responsible for the delivery of obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedics, podiatry, psychiatry, cardiology, rheumatology, outpatient community medicine, and oversight of the graduate medical education programs at John Peter Smith Hospital.

“This is an important time for the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine and UNT Health Science Center,” Dr. Hahn said. “Our partnership with JPS helps us to better serve the citizens of Tarrant County. We are excited about the opportunities provided by this important relationship. In addition, our association with Plaza Medical Center, Harris Methodist Fort Worth Hospital, Cook Children’s Medical Center and Baylor All Saints positions our physicians in the major medical facilities in Tarrant County.”

The UNT Physicians Group now has a total of more than 190 healthcare providers, and the number of specialty services offered has expanded to 32. In addition, the number of clinics associated with the group has expanded to 18.

“This will not only enhance our physicians group, it will provide a greater spectrum of academic opportunities for our students,” Dr. Hahn said. “We are looking forward to reaching out to the Fort Worth community even more and providing the most advanced medical services available,” Dr. Hahn said.
 

pmak67

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
82
0
TX
Status
Pre-Medical
Sorry, sj786, dr.z, and pecanpie - the holidays and our two young sons got the best of me, thus my response on 1/3.

I interviewed at TCOM on 8/26 and then received a call from the admissions office on 10/17 that I had been accepted. I later received the formal letter with forms for accepting/denying the offer.

This whole interview process is kind of nuts but the folks at TCOM stand out as having given us the impression that they were interested not only in me as a student, but also my family as new members of the TCOM and Fort Worth families. As we've experienced some of the other schools' approaches and attitudes, TCOM continues rise/reside above.
 

dr.z

15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
4,094
4
Detroit, MI
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
pmak67 said:
Sorry, sj786, dr.z, and pecanpie - the holidays and our two young sons got the best of me, thus my response on 1/3.

I interviewed at TCOM on 8/26 and then received a call from the admissions office on 10/17 that I had been accepted. I later received the formal letter with forms for accepting/denying the offer.

This whole interview process is kind of nuts but the folks at TCOM stand out as having given us the impression that they were interested not only in me as a student, but also my family as new members of the TCOM and Fort Worth families. As we've experienced some of the other schools' approaches and attitudes, TCOM continues rise/reside above.
No problem and thanks for the info. I was very impressed with them, but I'm not sure if they were. I'm really anxious to see the match result.
 

pmak67

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
82
0
TX
Status
Pre-Medical
dr.z said:
No problem and thanks for the info. I was very impressed with them, but I'm not sure if they were. I'm really anxious to see the match result.
Is there a reason that you have to go through the match? I thought I read that you were an out of stater.
 

dr.z

15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2004
4,094
4
Detroit, MI
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
pmak67 said:
Is there a reason that you have to go through the match? I thought I read that you were an out of stater.
I wasn't offered an acceptance (by rolling admission), but they told me to participate in the match. I think it happened with some of other Texas schools as well.
 

pmak67

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2005
82
0
TX
Status
Pre-Medical
Interesting. I didn't have any other TX interviews, maybe that had something to do with my "not matching"? I don't know.

I hope to see you in July at TCOM though! Will you be introducing yourself as Dr. Z (kidding)?
 
About the Ads