TCOM Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BenCmrn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey didn't see a thread for UNTHSC-TCOM class of 2014 so I thought I'd start one!

Members don't see this ad.

I was thinking about doing the same thing! Hey fellow TCOMers :)

Haha ok this is sad, I’m swooping in to say hello! Excited to get this show on the road come July!

Anyone heard anything on background checks and physical stuff? I haven't received anymore emails besides the scholarship and preview day stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha ok this is sad, I’m swooping in to say hello! Excited to get this show on the road come July!

Anyone heard anything on background checks and physical stuff? I haven't received anymore emails besides the scholarship and preview day stuff.

I haven't heard anything either. I'm really anxious to hear back from financial aid! Probably not happening any time soon though, lol.

I haven't heard anything either. I'm really anxious to hear back from financial aid! Probably not happening any time soon though, lol.

Speaking of which, is your FAFSA still on your "to do list?" I filled mine out in January and double-checked to make sure I sent it to the right place... but it still isn't showing as received : / .

Speaking of which, is your FAFSA still on your "to do list?" I filled mine out in January and double-checked to make sure I sent it to the right place... but it still isn't showing as received : / .

Yeah mine's still showing up on the to do list as well. I think I read in the other TCOM forum that someone contacted the school about this, and they said it stays on there for several weeks after March 1 and that we shouldn't worry about it.

Yeah mine's still showing up on the to do list as well. I think I read in the other TCOM forum that someone contacted the school about this, and they said it stays on there for several weeks after March 1 and that we shouldn't worry about it.

Awesome. Thanks. :)

Has anyone started to look at apts? Fort Worth seems to be a lot pricier than I had thought

Has anyone started to look at apts? Fort Worth seems to be a lot pricier than I had thought

Yup, I looked around a little last weekend, and I'm going again tomorrow. It's kinda hard right now because apartments don't know what kind of availability they'll have for July (I want to move in late June/early July). And yeah, it's pricey! Especially if you're living on your own!

It is pricy, but cheaper with a roomie. I looked at several, decided on AMLI 7th street (I move in May), because it is within walking distance if the weather is nice. Cumberland Ridglea was nice, as was Ridglea village (they are not that different as presented to me except the price). Riverstone had some rotting wood on the balcony railings. It seems like if you want a cheaper place you need to be willing to drive a bit further.

It is pricy, but cheaper with a roomie. I looked at several, decided on AMLI 7th street (I move in May), because it is within walking distance if the weather is nice. Cumberland Ridglea was nice, as was Ridglea village (they are not that different as presented to me except the price). Riverstone had some rotting wood on the balcony railings. It seems like if you want a cheaper place you need to be willing to drive a bit further.

I really liked Ridglea Village and Cumberland at Ridglea. There's lots of TCOM students there, so that's kind of nice. The only thing I didn't like was Ridglea's tiny kitchens :(

I looked at AMLI 7th Street on Saturday, and I really liked it! I love that it was downtown and really close to school. I think I'm going to go with Ridglea Village though because it's quite a bit cheaper. Plus, it comes with a washer and dryer, and I don't want to have to deal with buying/renting those if I can help it.

I posted this on the pre-med forum as well, but I live in Ridglea Village and love it here. LOTS of my friends ended up living here, it's close to school, very nice, and the office is very pleasant to deal with. I wish I could stay, but I recently got married and my husband and I are moving into a house. Let me know if anyone wants to stop by and see the place or just chat about whatever. I would appreciate the referral if anyone ends up signing a lease here (hey a med student's gotta try and save money where she can, right?) :)

Oh, and please feel free to message me if you have any other questions about TCOM at all. I'm happy to help!

I posted this on the pre-med forum as well, but I live in Ridglea Village and love it here. LOTS of my friends ended up living here, it's close to school, very nice, and the office is very pleasant to deal with. I wish I could stay, but I recently got married and my husband and I are moving into a house. Let me know if anyone wants to stop by and see the place or just chat about whatever. I would appreciate the referral if anyone ends up signing a lease here (hey a med student's gotta try and save money where she can, right?) :)

Oh, and please feel free to message me if you have any other questions about TCOM at all. I'm happy to help!

I'm going to be at Ridglea Village next year! Did you have a 1-bedroom?

I actually live in a 2 bedroom and have a roommate. We might actually live near each other because a 1 bedroom just opened up right down the way. I really think you'll like it here though. I feel very safe here, the ladies in the front office are SO incredibly nice and helpful if you ever need anything, and there are lots of TCOM students out here which is really nice.

You guys who have chosen to come here- you are really choosing a fantastic place. One of the things I love so much about TCOM is that our class is like one big family. I've made so many really great friends and everyone really looks out for one another. Sure there are some issues with teachers, curriculum, poorly structured class/lectures, etc etc but what school doesn't have them? I can honestly say I am very happy with my choice and the education I've gotten here so far.

So, to keep this thread alive...

Anyone taking one of the premat classes. I am doing biochem and anatomy. I am rather nervous about anatomy because I remember next to squat, but hopefully the premat class will help provide a solid framework to build on.

So, to keep this thread alive...

Anyone taking one of the premat classes. I am doing biochem and anatomy. I am rather nervous about anatomy because I remember next to squat, but hopefully the premat class will help provide a solid framework to build on.

I'm taking biochem and anatomy too! I'm nervous about both, because I didn't take either class in college. Oh well, I figure it's better to be horribly confused in a pre-mat class rather than horribly HORRIBLY confused in an actual class.

I hope you all don't mind me intruding on your thread :) but I just have a quick question for current TCOM students, or anyone who has lived in the area for a while.

Is there a good medical supply store near TCOM where I could buy a white coat? I live in the Fort Worth area, and the smallest size white coat that my school offers is quite a bit larger than what I wear. So I wanted to find a smaller one that hopefully has the same pocket placement.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I hope you all don't mind me intruding on your thread :) but I just have a quick question for current TCOM students, or anyone who has lived in the area for a while.

Is there a good medical supply store near TCOM where I could buy a white coat? I live in the Fort Worth area, and the smallest size white coat that my school offers is quite a bit larger than what I wear. So I wanted to find a smaller one that hopefully has the same pocket placement.

Thanks for any suggestions!

I do not know a medical uniform store that sells lab coats but you could call around, I would go online, but check the length of the coats given by the school first. Also, does your school put an emblem of some sort on the coat?

They have lab coats here:
http://www.allheart.com/nursesuniforms.html
and some of them are short enough. (at TCOM that is 28" for women)

I do not know a medical uniform store that sells lab coats but you could call around, I would go online, but check the length of the coats given by the school first. Also, does your school put an emblem of some sort on the coat?

They have lab coats here:
http://www.allheart.com/nursesuniforms.html
and some of them are short enough. (at TCOM that is 28" for women)

Thanks for the link! There is a badge to go on the coat, but I can buy it separately. My school does not specify length, but I think 28-30" is the standard length of the medical student's short, doofy looking white coat ;) (just kiddin).

Thanks again.