TCOM Housing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AAA

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I was recently accepted to TCOM and am very excited about the whole thing. This was my second year applying so you can imagine how relieved I was when I got the call. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some information about the housing situation around TCOM. I have been looking on some apartment locater websites and it seems that everything close to school is quite expensive (700+ for a one bedroom!). I am sure most students do not live in this area with the budget they give us. So if anyone has found an affordable place close to school I would appreciate you letting me know. Also, if anyone knows anything about the general availability of apartments in Fort Worth. Do I need to start looking now, or is it pretty easy to get a place?
Thanks, see you guys in Aug!

Members don't see this ad.

AAA,

I was also getting worried about getting an apartment. I'm going to Fort Worth tomorrow to check things out. If you call the school they will send you a packet about housing. I'll be back Friday and tell you what I found. Where are you from and what school did you go to? I'm from Houston, Tx and I just graduated from Texas A&M in December.
I hope to see more people talking from TCOM.

Andrew, TCOM 2004

there's actually lots of places to live. apartments and townhomes are pretty close to TCOM. They vary in prices and start at $450-500 for a 1 bed room...in a very nice complex! i've been looking for several months now, so im quite familiar with what is available. it also doesnt hurt that i am from this area and currently work at the hospital nearby. good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's plenty of affordable housing and apartments in Fort Worth. Check with TCOM student activity director for a list of popular housing. Stop by a grocery market and pick up an apartment guide. Consider renting a small house near campus--they usually come up for lease in June-July. Don't sweat it--housing is easy in FW.

I will be attending TCOM in August as well. My husband and I just returned from Fort Worth on Sunday. The housing we saw around the school seemed high end but the convenience of living so close to campus is attractive. There were some listings for rentals in the paper so that may provide some options as you get closer to your move. This is rather far afield, but as you mentioned, the budget for a medical student at TCOM is modest. Are there any other loan opportunities or are we limited to the dollar amount specified by the budget? My husband and I are facing a rather dramatic decrease in our income so I am very interested in the money issue! At any rate, I look forward to meeting folks during orientation!

I, too, have been accepted to TCOM and will begin in August 2000. And I, too, am concerned about finding an affordable place to live. If anyone comes up NAMES of apartment complexes or phone numbers for places that are close to TCOM and reasonably priced, please post them!!!

Sam
Univ. of North Texas