TCOM question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

czanetti

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How diverse is TCOM's enviroment? I am comming from New York a pretty libral state going to Texas which is not. I am comming from a college University at Buffalo which is probably one of the most diverse student bodies in the state would you consider TCOM pretty diverse? I like that kind of enviroment and I feel like I would be able to thrive in a more diverse and open minded student body this is the reason why I ask

Members don't see this ad.

How diverse is TCOM's enviroment? I am comming from New York a pretty libral state going to Texas which is not. I am comming from a college University at Buffalo which is probably one of the most diverse student bodies in the state would you consider TCOM pretty diverse? I like that kind of enviroment and I feel like I would be able to thrive in a more diverse and open minded student body this is the reason why I ask

TCOM is actually a pretty diverse institution. While my class (2006) only had one African American in it, there have since been many more African American students in the classes since. There is always a diversity of other cultures at TCOM, and we just joked that the African American guy from my class was our "token black guy." Despite the fact that you are coming to Texas, you are not coming to the stereotypical redneck ride-a-horse to school you might be picturing. TCOM has a gay/lesbian/transgender club, a Latin-American Medical Society, and many other organizations which exhibit our diversity and tolerance for all kinds of students. I don't think you will have a problem at TCOM, it is a great school and Fort Worth is a fun town to live in.