Tech-etiquette...is flirting allowed? Dating?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

earlydaffodil

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would you ever flirt with your tech? Wdyd if they're trying to start sth with you? Do you have any cautionary tales?

I'm asking for a friend ☺

Members don't see this ad.

It is never a good idea to have any sort of romantic relationship with a subordinate. Don't **** where you eat, right?

Reactions: 2 users
If this isn't a troll post and you're not totally braindead (this issue comes up in other posts), you should already know the HR issues involved as well as social issues in this me-too era (irrespective of gender or orientation). But considering that job security is a joke, why not? Take a chance, it's not like your're going to be working there forever anyway. And if you have to get yourself into funemployment, there are worse ways to go. Just make sure that whoever it is, good or bad, that you figure out consent because it's on you if it blows up from the power relations.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I personally wouldn't do it for the sole purpose of how awkward it would be if/when things didn't work out between the two of you.

Reactions: 1 user
I would never do this myself, but I know a pharmacist friend who routinely does... :laugh: ... And apparently with some success. It all depends...

go for it. you only live once. tell us how it ends

Reactions: 9 users
Of coarse you can get in trouble for this type of behavior.

With that said - I met my wife at work. However, I was never a pervy douche about it.. My moves were nothing but smooth and I made sure to be mature adults about it.

Now I have 5 children and have been married for 10 + years.

Look - there is nothing wrong with meeting some at work, even if they are a subordinate. When things, “got a little heavy” with us - we disclosed our relationship and made proper arrangements. Many of my co-workers came to our wedding. It never effected my career at all, in fact it enhanced my career because my wife is a world class 10 and we handled our relationship in a very mature fashion. I almost got promoted on the spot.

Reactions: 4 users
Apply the "dont crap where you eat" rule.

Was #metoo not a thing?

Members don't see this ad :)
I been in this situation multiple times. I didn't meet any of the techs outside of work because I can get in trouble. If it happens and it works out just let them transfer you to a different location.

You have to be an idiot to date a tech.

My rule is to keep work at work, and that's it.

You have to be an idiot to date a tech.

My rule is to keep work at work, and that's it.

Plus most techs are like 18-22 years old. I couldn't stand dating someone that young if I were 26+ years old.

Stay away, don't commit pharmacest.

I work overnight alone with one technician, some nights its a dude some nights its a woman. I'd rather work with a guy just because I don't want to get hit with an allegation. A few months ago we had this technician who would fall asleep in the pharmacy in the break room. She would tell me to just wake her up when I needed her. I ended up just letting her sleep and running drugs up my self because I wanted no part in having to wake up a sleeping person.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

I work overnight alone with one technician, some nights its a dude some nights its a woman. I'd rather work with a guy just because I don't want to get hit with an allegation. A few months ago we had this technician who would fall asleep in the pharmacy in the break room. She would tell me to just wake her up when I needed her. I ended up just letting her sleep and running drugs up my self because I wanted no part in having to wake up a sleeping person.
Lol pharmacest.

But duly noted....forewarned is forearmed.

I had a tech who was married and got another tech pregnant. He had to steal narcotics to help her financially with the baby and got fired. So I don’t recommend it

• Wow

Agree. Metoo movement has gone too far and false allegations being thrown around.

I've seen quite a number of successful relationships but they are all long term (pharmacist/store manager with tech), not pump and dump, one hit wonder.

Agree. Metoo movement has gone too far and false allegations being thrown around.

I've seen quite a number of successful relationships but they are all long term (pharmacist/store manager with tech), not pump and dump, one hit wonder.

Is it the movement itself or just a few people making false allegations?

Based on how many people on SDN are saying that pharmacists should work in tech instead of pharmacy I am surprised more people are not on board with pharmacists dating people in that industry.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Many people have established work relationships. But times have changed and you have the potential to get metooed for the most mundane remarks or situations. So it's best to leave it alone.