• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Tech-etiquette...is flirting allowed? Dating?

lord999

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2002
DC
  1. Pharmacist
  2. Academic Administration
If this isn't a troll post and you're not totally braindead (this issue comes up in other posts), you should already know the HR issues involved as well as social issues in this me-too era (irrespective of gender or orientation). But considering that job security is a joke, why not? Take a chance, it's not like your're going to be working there forever anyway. And if you have to get yourself into funemployment, there are worse ways to go. Just make sure that whoever it is, good or bad, that you figure out consent because it's on you if it blows up from the power relations.

Reactions: 4 users
About the Ads

JustFillIt

2+ Year Member
May 30, 2018
Of coarse you can get in trouble for this type of behavior.

With that said - I met my wife at work. However, I was never a pervy douche about it.. My moves were nothing but smooth and I made sure to be mature adults about it.

Now I have 5 children and have been married for 10 + years.

Look - there is nothing wrong with meeting some at work, even if they are a subordinate. When things, “got a little heavy” with us - we disclosed our relationship and made proper arrangements. Many of my co-workers came to our wedding. It never effected my career at all, in fact it enhanced my career because my wife is a world class 10 and we handled our relationship in a very mature fashion. I almost got promoted on the spot.

Reactions: 4 users
About the Ads

dmd20000

10+ Year Member
May 24, 2007
I been in this situation multiple times. I didn't meet any of the techs outside of work because I can get in trouble. If it happens and it works out just let them transfer you to a different location.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
New York, New York
  1. Pharmacist
Stay away, don't commit pharmacest.

I work overnight alone with one technician, some nights its a dude some nights its a woman. I'd rather work with a guy just because I don't want to get hit with an allegation. A few months ago we had this technician who would fall asleep in the pharmacy in the break room. She would tell me to just wake her up when I needed her. I ended up just letting her sleep and running drugs up my self because I wanted no part in having to wake up a sleeping person.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

earlydaffodil

5+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2015
  1. Pharmacist

I work overnight alone with one technician, some nights its a dude some nights its a woman. I'd rather work with a guy just because I don't want to get hit with an allegation. A few months ago we had this technician who would fall asleep in the pharmacy in the break room. She would tell me to just wake her up when I needed her. I ended up just letting her sleep and running drugs up my self because I wanted no part in having to wake up a sleeping person.
Lol pharmacest.

But duly noted....forewarned is forearmed.

Momus

10+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2008
  1. Pharmacist

Agree. Metoo movement has gone too far and false allegations being thrown around.

I've seen quite a number of successful relationships but they are all long term (pharmacist/store manager with tech), not pump and dump, one hit wonder.

owlegrad

Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2009
Locked in the basement
www.facebook.com
  1. Pharmacist
Based on how many people on SDN are saying that pharmacists should work in tech instead of pharmacy I am surprised more people are not on board with pharmacists dating people in that industry.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.