tele ICU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RemyMcswain

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you any of you guys have information on remote/tele/eICU (whatever you call it).

Is it prevalent? Have any of you gotten job offers where remote ICU monitoring is offered?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Do you any of you guys have information on remote/tele/eICU (whatever you call it).

Is it prevalent? Have any of you gotten job offers where remote ICU monitoring is offered?

Thanks

I'm looking at some gigs that will require a guy to oversee a few tele-ICUs when he's on in the ICU overnight.

We do tele-ICU when I'm doing fellowship, but as of now, fellows are stretched too thin to have much experience with it. Staff seems to think it's a good thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm looking at some gigs that will require a guy to oversee a few tele-ICUs when he's on in the ICU overnight.

We do tele-ICU when I'm doing fellowship, but as of now, fellows are stretched too thin to have much experience with it. Staff seems to think it's a good thing.

He is overseeing an ICU at a different hospital while he is responsible for monitoring patients in his own ICU?

How much extra does that add to his salary?

Can you talk more about the Tele-ICU at your fellowhsip

Thanks

He is overseeing an ICU at a different hospital while he is responsible for monitoring patients in his own ICU?

How much extra does that add to his salary?

Can you talk more about the Tele-ICU at your fellowhsip

Thanks

Basically, the tele-ICU guy in on for the night and covers the university icu "in-house" and also manages like 4 other ICUs by realtime monitor and lab data. There are obviously nurses and RTs at the ouside ICU sites, but also overnight hospitalists who do the consulting with the intensivist in the tele-ICU.