Teleradiologist Job abroad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

InformMe123

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just an interesting thought came to mind, but can a US licensed and certified radiologist work in another foreign country a as a teleradiologist? What would be the limitations? Would that radiologist need to be licensed in the foreign country as well to read scans from the US?
 
I don't know the answer. I thought this article to be relevant. In a nutshell I believe that you would have to be certified here, irrespective of the country. But CMS (medicare) does not allow payment to providers outside the US.
Waiting for others more knowledgeable on the issue. Thx.