telling schools of other interviews ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

manfood.com

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
good thing or a bad thing?

share with me!!!

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on how interested the school is in you. If they are really interested, telling them of other interviews provides the possibility of you going somewhere else if they wait around too long for a decision. It also lets them know that something about you is good since other schools are interested.

However, if you're a marginal or "whatever" interviewee, they may not consider you as much if they know yuo have other possibilities.

It would also depend upon how interested YOU are in THEM.

That's my opinion.

I wouldn't bring it up unless you are this stellar applicant and the vibe during your interview is such that you want to use that to entice them...Not something I would do but I'm not super stellar! :)

If asked, it's FINE to be honest, everyone at all 4 of my interviews so far has said this. Everyone knows people apply all over and its a game.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got asked, I told them. They told me to make sure I give them a chance for them to accept me.

I was asked at every interview and I told them. Since I've been accepted I guess it didn't bother them. Just be honest! If it comes up say it. If it never comes up don't worry about it! Do you think they really care that much?

If they ask tell them. The most important thing in any interview is to keep the dialogue going, and to keep it as natural and comfortable as possible.

manfood.com said:
good thing or a bad thing?

share with me!!!

Good if it's a better school. It will make them want you more.

If it's not a better school, they will be unimpressed.

Don't mention it unless it's been brought up.

In my secondaries where it talks about being in a grad program I said that I was a grad student but not degree bound and that all my profs knew of my goals, had cooperated fully with my many interviews and were fully supportive.
I don't think it hurts to let them know that you are a hot commodity.