Temple ACMS 2013 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Called and was actually told the first interview date was may 31st. Asked them if we would hear back by the end of this month about interview invites, she said we would!

I am soooo glad I found this forum!!! I'm in a few others, but no one has been able to get through. I applied at the end of October, completed application November 15th. I've been waiting for a verryyy long time!

I hope we all hear some good news soon :)

Members don't see this ad.

I was able to get in touch with someone in the office today. The lady was very helpful and sweet! She said the committee is currently reviewing and they had a setback and that's why they are running behind. She says we should expect first interview emails to be sent out beginning next week (end of April). She also confirmed that "no news is good news" and that anything is possible so not to worry.

Thank you for they update! If anyone hears anything, I'd really appreciate the update :) Good luck everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you all apply to Temple and when was your application complete?

late February. app was complete 2 weeks later so middle of march.

you said that "no news is good news". does that mean that they have already rejected people and those people have gotten bad news? lol, we're all reading so hard into whatever we hear. :laugh:

late February. app was complete 2 weeks later so middle of march.

you said that "no news is good news". does that mean that they have already rejected people and those people have gotten bad news? lol, we're all reading so hard into whatever we hear. :laugh:

I know, right!!! We're all so anxious. I am checking the email over and over again, praying that I get an invite!

Thanks for the information! are you a BCMS applicant or an ACMS ?

Temple Med is sending out rejection letters right now. And after the rejection letters they send you an email telling you about the temple acms program... I don't think they need to do any more advertising since they have so many applicants already. =_=

Temple Med is sending out rejection letters right now. And after the rejection letters they send you an email telling you about the temple acms program... I don't think they need to do any more advertising since they have so many applicants already. =_=

It seems very late in the game for someone to start applying now, with so many apps already submitted.. maybe it is just a heads up for an alternative for next year if they do not get in anywhere?

It seems very late in the game for someone to start applying now, with so many apps already submitted.. maybe it is just a heads up for an alternative for next year if they do not get in anywhere?

In the email, they stated that the app deadline is may 31. however, we all know from last year, late applicants are not going to get interviews ... unless they have super numbers

So from the look of things, the first invites went to non SDNers?

So from the look of things, the first invites went to non SDNers?

I think we should give it till Friday before we assume that. I think they are having a hard time getting everything together. They just said that beginning this week they would send out interview invites. I mean the first interview date is still 31 days away. I would like to believe that at least one person on this forum would get an invite or at the very least someone would have gotten a rejection if they had started emailing applicants.

I think we should give it till Friday before we assume that. I think they are having a hard time getting everything together. They just said that beginning this week they would send out interview invites. I mean the first interview date is still 31 days away. I would like to believe that at least one person on this forum would get an invite or at the very least someone would have gotten a rejection if they had started emailing applicants.

I called this morning and she said they should be sending out interview invites in the next 2 weeks or so but she can't promise anything. They seem to be a little behind and I guess we just have to be patient.

so 2 more weeks before the first invites are out?

Members don't see this ad :)
and from what I am understanding this would just be for May interviews ONLY; I'm assuming if some of us don't hear anything within the next two weeks that they are possibly holding our applications for June and July

Would they start rejecting people as well?

So I will be like this +pissed+ checking my email these coming weeks...

I think so? It seems like it. I don't think they've had time to review us yet and they're just about to start.

Last year they only interviewed 44 people out of the 700 that applied. So I imagine a lot of rejection should be coming out soon.

Last year they only interviewed 44 people out of the 700 that applied. So I imagine a lot of rejection should be coming out soon.

I would think so too.

maybe they are sending out all the rejections at the very end of the cycle...

That would be cruel and unusual. Especially because people probably applied to other programs. Let's hope not.

Yea they said that it's ongoing, so I would assume they'd send them out as they went; It might take longer because of all the rejection letters that go out but I would think they'd want to get them out of there. Lets hope for some good news!

I'm wooting for all the sdners to get a ii soon too! they're slowly but surely coming :)

anyone know if they're sending out rejections as well as invites?

This seems to be the case. Another waiting game.

I was passed up too. I would have applied to medical schools if I wanted to compete with 3.7 gpas. I have a stellar MCAT score but can't compete with that GPA.

Last edited:
I was passed up too. I would have applied to medical school's if I wanted to compete with 3.7 gpas. I have a stellar MCAT score but can't compete with that GPA. I feel like i have a better chance of getting in to a lower grade medical school than this program. Seems strange. With that high of a GPA I would invest in a 2K prep course not a 20K program.

I am enrolled in a 2k princeton prep course for this summer. Retaking my MCATs in July. At this point, I just like the guaranteed matriculation into the host medical school. Especially, because medical school is so competitive, so I have to use any opportunity I could to get an acceptance.

I am enrolled in a 2k princeton prep course for this summer. Retaking my MCATs in July. At this point, I just like the guaranteed matriculation into the host medical school. Especially, because medical school is so competitive, so I have to use any opportunity I could to get an acceptance.

I absolutely agree with you and I would probably do the same. But it seems like with a higher MCAT score you could get into a really good medical school. It just sucks for people like me who need the GPA boost. It seems there really isn't an option out there for me except pointless low end post bacc programs that cost a fortune.

I was passed up too. I would have applied to medical schools if I wanted to compete with 3.7 gpas. I have a stellar MCAT score but can't compete with that GPA. I feel like i have a better chance of getting in to a lower grade medical school than this program. Seems strange. With that high of a GPA I would invest in a 2K prep course not a 20K program.

don't rush to conclusions. maybe we've been passed up. maybe we have not been passed up. i know we're all premeds lol but no point in stressing over this. if I get in, great. if not, i'll go to plan B. as they said, "anything can happen".

temple acms has plenty of people with 3.8s (even 3.9s according to past students). although I am envious, I am happy for these people. they get the intensive MCAT prep (critical thinking classes in the program designed for mcat boost + a test prep course) and don't have to stress about the application cycle or avoid doing a glide year (for those who have not taken the test). that's the avenue some take and I can respect that.

all I know, once I get into medical school, I will never make the low GPA mistake ever again! I don't care if grades are third priority for residency, i'll be on top of that stuff!

I absolutely agree with you and I would probably do the same. But it seems like with a higher MCAT score you could get into a really good medical school. It just sucks for people like me who need the GPA boost. It seems there really isn't an option out there for me except pointless low end post bacc programs that cost a fortune.

Don't give up hope. I don't necessarily think you were passed up. They did say they were going to send out interview invites these two weeks. And I think Tufts, Georgetown, and Boston MAMS should be easier to get into and would be a GPA booster.

don't rush to conclusions. maybe we've been passed up. maybe we have not been passed up. i know we're all premeds lol but no point in stressing over this. if I get in, great. if not, i'll go to plan B. as they said, "anything can happen".

temple acms has plenty of people with 3.8s (even 3.9s according to past students). although I am envious, I am happy for these people. they get the intensive MCAT prep (critical thinking classes in the program designed for mcat boost + a test prep course) and don't have to stress about the application cycle or avoid doing a glide year (for those who have not taken the test). that's the avenue some take and I can respect that.

all I know, once I get into medical school, I will never make the low GPA mistake ever again! I don't care if grades are third priority for residency, i'll be on top of that stuff!

I will never mess my GPA up again either. I mean I had a crazy circumstance but I now realize how important it is to not put school on the backburner lol and I totally understand the appeal of this program for anyone but I wish I didn't waste my money on the app lol

Last edited:

well good luck! I hope you knock out the 30 requirement in the summer. that way, your courseload & stress will be considerably lower. you will be exempted from evening "critical thinking classes" + mcat prep. saves a lot of time! you can focus on just the grad classes or relax a little.

also, past students tell me that for temple, you can take the test as many times as you want to meet the 30. now...i'm not saying you'll need to take it more than once more but just in case...take the test in a way that if you don't get the score you wanted, you can take it again immediately in the summer. limit is 3 until September. then from January you get 3 shots too. this is advice that I got at the open house when I went to temple as a visitor.

congratulations! I'm happy for you. at least someone made it out of shawshank prison! :lol:

And good luck on ur MCAT. I took the princeton prep and went up 6pts! So a 28 to 30 should be cake for you. The good thing about getting an interview is that you will most likely get in. From what I was told they interviewed 45 students last year, accepted 40, and 35 matriculated so you have a great shot. Make sure you stop in to let us know how it went. Goodluck.:)

well good luck! I hope you knock out the 30 requirement in the summer. that way, your courseload & stress will be considerably lower. you will be exempted from evening "critical thinking classes" + mcat prep. saves a lot of time! you can focus on just the grad classes or relax a little.

also, past students tell me that for temple, you can take the test as many times as you want to meet the 30. now...i'm not saying you'll need to take it more than once more but just in case...take the test in a way that if you don't get the score you wanted, you can take it again immediately in the summer. limit is 3 until September. then from January you get 3 shots too. this is advice that I got at the open house when I went to temple as a visitor.

congratulations! I'm happy for you. at least someone made it out of shawshank prison! :lol:

That's such a relief to hear! Thank you for letting me know. I hope you hear some good news soon :)

Just wanted to let everyone know a friend I graduated with got an interview today too! So that is two so far. In case anyone else is counting. Hopefully we will all start hearing back soon. Good luck everyone. :luck:

I was passed up too. I would have applied to medical schools if I wanted to compete with 3.7 gpas. I have a stellar MCAT score but can't compete with that GPA.
Yeah, onto the next one. I am pretty sure that people here apply to at least 3 or 4 SMP. You have the least to worry about because of your acceptance to Drexel SMP.

Last edited:
SillyOme, congrats on the interview! Were you an applicant to Temple med this year who didn't get an interview and so submitted your post-bac application in March?

SillyOme, congrats on the interview! Were you an applicant to Temple med this year who didn't get an interview and so submitted your post-bac application in March?

Yes, I was a really late cycle applicant. I knew I applied too late, that's why I applied for the post-bac program.

Interview invite for May 31st. Got a call from the office asking for clarification about a class on my transcript and she subsequently told me that I have been invited for an interview.

congratulations! thanks for sharing because it gives me an idea of how they are moving along in terms of admissions.

I won't even bother asking for stats because that's not going to change anything for me :cool:

all I want to know is how they are progressing in terms of rejections & invites. thanks again for sharing!