Temple ACMS 2013 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Postal mail or email?

Is it rejection from Temple medical schoo or Temple ACMS program. I didn't think they send out rejection for the ACMS program this early. I thought rejections come after they have finished all interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

My friend got a rejection letter from temple today and his stats were decent. Just thought I would let you guys know.

Thanks for letting us know! I guess at this point no news is good news, but I'm glad they are starting to let people know either way.

Is it rejection from Temple medical schoo or Temple ACMS program. I didn't think they send out rejection for the ACMS program this early. I thought rejections come after they have finished all interviews.

They sent out rejection emails from Temple medical school a month ago.

Members don't see this ad :)

It was from the ACMS program.

I had average MCAT and slightly above average GPA for what they have listed on the website. No insane ECs, 2 publications from NIH but thats about it. I think it's about explaining why you are a good fit for the program.

Do you mind sharing the level/type of shadowing, volunteering, and/or leadership experience you have? Since you got invited, you must have shown some awesomeness in your application. Also, when did your application get completed?

Someone in the program this year told me the next round of interview invites should go out next week. I think the interview is mid June so they can't wait till after the 31st to send them out. I mean I suppose they can do whatever theyy want, but from what I know June invites go out next week.

Did anyone receive or know anyone who receive invite for the June interview yet?

Anyone heard anything about the June interview? Has the invite been sent? Date of interview? The wait is killing me.

crickets. i'm guessing that people NOT on sdn have been invited for the june interviews. then a couple weeks later you'll have first time posters asking about the program once they've been accepted. that's what happened last year.

acms first interview is tomorrow so i can only imagine that the second batch of interview invites have already been sent out because usually they give ~4 weeks advance notice.

i already gave my $500 deposit to reserve a seat at drexel IMS but you never know ;)

Good luck to people interviewing tomorrow. Stop in and let us know how it goes!

crickets. i'm guessing that people NOT on sdn have been invited for the june interviews. then a couple weeks later you'll have first time posters asking about the program once they've been accepted. that's what happened last year.

acms first interview is tomorrow so i can only imagine that the second batch of interview invites have already been sent out because usually they give ~4 weeks advance notice.

i already gave my $500 deposit to reserve a seat at drexel IMS but you never know ;)

I assure you there are still plenty plenty plenty plenty of interview spots for June!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I assure you there are still plenty plenty plenty plenty of interview spots for June!!

This is great to know. This means there is still hope for us. Does it mean that the invites for June interview haven't been sent yet? jstange1, I see that you are currently a medical student. Are you from Temple and have knowledge about the ACMS progran and the current selection process? If so, do you know when the invites for June interviews will be sent? Do you know the dates for the June/July interviews?

Thanks for letting us know! I guess at this point no news is good news, but I'm glad they are starting to let people know either way.
I do not want to be Negative Nancy, but the rejection process takes place all the way to July according to last year's forum. I really hope for an interview with ACMS, and drawn-out waiting for rejection is what I fear the most. Anyway, just have to keep my fingers crossed.

Just received an invitation this morning for the June 28 interview date. So so pumped. Just an FYI to anyone that's wondering, I spoke to an ACMS student who is working in the admissions office now, and going to TUSM this fall, and he said 27/35 that enrolled in the program have been admitted to TUSM. The other 8 are waiting on MCAT scores and the score of 30 that will allow them to be admitted in the medical school. So it sounds like if you get into ACMS, you're going to TUSM should handle the MCAT requirement.

Congratulations!

I was wondering via what method you were notified? Was it by a phone call? or email?

Just received an invitation this morning for the June 28 interview date. So so pumped. Just an FYI to anyone that's wondering, I spoke to an ACMS student who is working in the admissions office now, and going to TUSM this fall, and he said 27/35 that enrolled in the program have been admitted to TUSM. The other 8 are waiting on MCAT scores and the score of 30 that will allow them to be admitted in the medical school. So it sounds like if you get into ACMS, you're going to TUSM should handle the MCAT requirement.
Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your stats and when you were complete?

Congratulations!

I was wondering via what method you were notified? Was it by a phone call? or email?
Thanks! I was complete April 9th. I received an email notification for the interview invitation.

Last edited:

Congrats! The interview was very warm and all the students seemed like they loved it there. Grace was also very friendly. They treat you like family there :) We hear back 1 week after the interview, so no more waiting game! good luck!

Congrats! The interview was very warm and all the students seemed like they loved it there. Grace was also very friendly. They treat you like family there :) We hear back 1 week after the interview, so no more waiting game! good luck!

How many applicants showed up for the interview?

Thanks! I was complete April 9th. I received an email notification for the interview invitation. My stats are 3.4 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA, 32 MCAT. Two publications, two years in clinical research, and some volunteering in case that's helpful.
Are you an in-state applicant or an OOS applicant? Are from the west coast?

Congrats! The interview was very warm and all the students seemed like they loved it there. Grace was also very friendly. They treat you like family there We hear back 1 week after the interview, so no more waiting game! good luck!
Thanks! That's great to hear.

This is great to know. This means there is still hope for us. Does it mean that the invites for June interview haven't been sent yet? jstange1, I see that you are currently a medical student. Are you from Temple and have knowledge about the ACMS progran and the current selection process? If so, do you know when the invites for June interviews will be sent? Do you know the dates for the June/July interviews?

Hey Phoenix: I completed the ACMS program last year. I am actually the "student in the admissions office" that some of you talk to when you call :D We still have a few June interview spots open so don't despair. I know it's a stressful waiting game, but you just never know when your gonna get that interview invite! Best of luck to all you SDNers! :thumbup:

Hey Phoenix: I completed the ACMS program last year. I am actually the "student in the admissions office" that some of you talk to when you call :D We still have a few June interview spots open so don't despair. I know it's a stressful waiting game, but you just never know when your gonna get that interview invite! Best of luck to all you SDNers! :thumbup:

Thank you for the pleasant message. I appreciate it. It makes me feel a little bit better about this stressful waiting game.

Hey Phoenix: I completed the ACMS program last year. I am actually the "student in the admissions office" that some of you talk to when you call :D We still have a few June interview spots open so don't despair. I know it's a stressful waiting game, but you just never know when your gonna get that interview invite! Best of luck to all you SDNers! :thumbup:[/QUOTE

Hi, thanks for the response. It really helps us during this stressful waiting period. Do you know when the invites for the remaining June interview slots will be sent? Do you know if there re still two interviews in July planned? If so, the dates? And when invites will be sent? Do you know what they are looking for in the candidates? I am sure that they have plenty of applicants with GPA over 3.4/3.5 and MCAT close to or over 30. Just wondering what will make the cut. Sorry for so many questions.

Jstrange1, I think you've already answered a couple of my questions on the phone, but if you have time to answer this as well I'd appreciate it. Do you have any sense of whether the interview-to-acceptance rate will be comparable this year to last year? It looks like 35/44 interviewed applicants got into the program last year, and I imagine there were a few more who were accepted and later got into another medical school via wait list. While I certainly won't take the interview lightly regardless, it would be nice to know if interviewed applicants have a similar chance for success this year. Thanks, and congrats on your acceptance to TUSM this year. Best of luck.

Accepted as well! So excited to look for a place to live!!! :)

The June interview date interview date is the 28th so depending on where you live (is vs oos) you could be notified between 14th to the 25th. I know it's not also of time to prepare but there is a good chance of acceptance once you interview (unlike countless med schools that just want as many students to interview as the can afford to give the lunch ;).

As for places to live, basically students pick either city or suburbs. In the city, the two biggest hotspots are fairmount (my personal favorite), old city, and center city by city hall. If you don't have a car and want to ride the sub to school everyday, center city is the choice.

In the burbs, the hot spots are manyunk, roxsburough, and east falls. East falls is the closest by about five minutes (I live in roxy and it takes about 15-18 minutes to drive). If you have a car, I highly recommend the burbs. My complex is called summit park and is newly all grad students. There is a pool/bar that has great parties and specials in the summer, and I have loved livin here. Because there are so many temple med students, a lot of us just car pool to save gas. Note: if you live at summit, I can get you 250 off your first months rent so just pm me.

Wow tmi lol. Good luck to all the upcoming interview and those waiting for the interview email to appear in the inbox!!!! Pm me if you have any more specifics.

For those of you accepted, I've created a facebook group to coordinate living situations etc. Just pm me.

if there are any acms graduates on the blog is there any chance that one of you could pm me? i was just accepted into the program and was hoping to find out some information about the classes and material

Hey guys!

I was in the ACMS program this past year and only have great things to say about the program. If you are interested in specific details feel free to PM me.
I am currently looking for a roommate for my house in East Falls, which is about a 5-7 minute drive from school, much closer than Center City. Large bedroom, backyard, free parking, $700 a month etc. I would prefer to live with a girl but could be flexible. If you are at all interested PM me and I can send pictures and give you other details!

Congrats to those who've been accepted. This is such an unrivaled and unique opportunity!

So I just spoke to someone in the admissions office and he said that interview invites for the June 28th date are still being sent out. He also said that there will be a July interview and that a second interview in July is still up in the air. He also mentioned that all applications have been reviewed more than once at this point in the application process and that they just sent out a large group of rejection letters a few days ago. So, no news is still good news. Just thought I would let you guys know!

I believe I read somewhere on SDN that if you're accepted to ACMS, you are not allowed to submit an AMCAS application (and don't need to apply to TUSM). Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

Do you know if the rejections were by snail mail or email?

bueller.jpg

Well I'm sure we'll get some more activity here after the June 28th interview...