Temple ACMS 2013 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed the admissions folks yesterday and they told me they're still in the process of reviewing apps / filling up the July interview slots.

Members don't see this ad.

I also emailed them yesterday and they said there will be two interview dates in July!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I know that a few of you have called the office, but for some reason I am never able to talk to a person. I keep getting rerouted to the recording? Is anyone else having this problem? When I press * or # to talk to a representative, it kicks me back to the recorded message.

If anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate it. If not, its okay, I understand that this is kinda a random question.

i'm curious, how big is the applicant pool right now? i'll take a shot in the dark and say 200 students on hold for 12 seats remaining. I still have my fingers crossed because this is an awesome program but it is daunting. I know 700 people applied last year.

When I press * or # to talk to a representative, it kicks me back to the recorded message.

the second time you hear the recorded message, they will add the option to speak to someone. so when you press #, it'll say invalid (iirc), replay the original message, but the replay will also have added the option to speak to someone. try it again.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the last interview date will be held? Also, are these last interviews definitely going to be held or is it only if they do not get the full 35 by the July 8th interview?

Does anyone know when the last interview date will be held? Also, are these last interviews definitely going to be held or is it only if they do not get the full 35 by the July 8th interview?

when is the last day for interview invites to be sent out? for example, for the june 28 interview date, the last day was june 25. what about for the final july interview?

Thanks so much - I'll try it tomorrow!

I would say your numbers are pretty accurate - don't know what they are looking for now because it sounded from before that they have already looked through the files more than once for review?

Thanks so much - I'll try it tomorrow!

I would say your numbers are pretty accurate - don't know what they are looking for now because it sounded from before that they have already looked through the files more than once for review?
Just wondering, how can you tell that his numbers are accurate?

I just guessed - I have no insider information unfortunately lol.

a group of 12 people interview every time on the 2 previous dates plus the one next monday. so 12 x3 = 36. 44 people interviewed last year so that leaves 8 spots for the second july interview. the few spots left for july 8 probably close today. last year, a mass number of e-mails of rejections came july 12. at that point, lots of people starting posting their rejected status on sdn. so the pool is still substantial. if it was weeded out significantly, we'd see lots of posts about rejections. that's not the case and everyone's still at the table :) I don't know what to make of the fact that they have a large pool of applicants for so few seats. I don't know what that means.

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone get rejected from the june 28th interview?

I know from my interview date, everyone was accepted

Last edited:
Hi all.

Previous ACMS student here, just wrapped up in May. Congrats to those accepted - the program is great. To those still waiting, stay positive. I know the admissions office is still reviewing apps. If it doesn't work out, its not the end of the world. I applied through multiple cycles before getting accepted into the ACMS program.

I just wanted to let you know that my gf and I have a room for rent in Fairmount. Location is great - 1 block from the Girard St trolley, 6 - 7 blocks to the Broad Street Line, 10 minute drive to TUSM. Its an awesome row home on a tree-lined street south of Poplar near Eastern State. Has a garage (a rarity around here) and ample street parking. Art Museum is nearby, plenty of restaurants, Kelly drive/boathouse row, etc. Awesome neighborhood.

I'm pretty flexible on roommate. Male/Female don't really care. My gf works out of town during the week and we alternate visits on weekends. If you are in a similar situation, it may be ideal as you'd have the place to yourself occasionally.

Anyhow, just looking to give a good deal to someone in the next class. PM if you are interested.

a group of 12 people interview every time on the 2 previous dates plus the one next monday. so 12 x3 = 36. 44 people interviewed last year so that leaves 8 spots for the second july interview. the few spots left for july 8 probably close today. last year, a mass number of e-mails of rejections came july 12. at that point, lots of people starting posting their rejected status on sdn. so the pool is still substantial. if it was weeded out significantly, we'd see lots of posts about rejections. that's not the case and everyone's still at the table :) I don't know what to make of the fact that they have a large pool of applicants for so few seats. I don't know what that means.

Why would they purposefully interview12 candidates 3 times in a row and then turn around and interview 8 candidates during the last interview? I imagine/suspect/ hope that the number of interviewees during each interview is relatively equivalent. However the number of those accepted may very well vary with the quality of each batch of interviewees.

Is there anyone from the June 28th interview that have not heard back yet?

We have a facebook group to coordinate living situations for all accepted students. Please PM me for the link! :)

I was at the June 28 interview and haven't heard anything yet!

not true!
everyone was accepted out of the 13 but one person declined. check the class roster

Last edited:
Just got my acceptance!!! So happy!

There were 13 of us. I believe that one of the other interviewees mentioned that there is a second July interview scheduled for the 19th, so stay hopeful fellow SDN-ers! :)

Last edited:
There were 13 of us. I believe that one of the other interviewees mentioned that there is a second July interview scheduled for the 19th, so stay hopeful fellow SDN-ers! :)

I wish one of the interviewers had corroborated the interviewee :D

we'll keep our fingers crossed.

last year it was 13, 13, 17 = 43 ; this year it is 13 + 13 + 13.

the wait makes me do silly math like the above lol

I was just accepted as well!
Has anyone recently accepted been able to pay the deposit? I logged into the post-bac application but couldn't find the link for the pay deposit.

Anyone know when we will hear back about the July interview date?

I have decided not to worry any more about hearing back from this program. I sent updates, and letters, and pretty much did what I could do, but sometimes, its just not meant to be. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted about their interview dates and keeping us updated the last few months. Congrats to those who were accepted! :)

I think by Monday they will know definitively if they have a 2nd interview date for this month or not. the wait is torture although i'm glad to have been under consideration this far.

Just received an interview invite via email for a July 19th interview!!! The email didn't say what time the day starts, so should I assume it's as stated on the website (9 am)?

Just received an interview invite via email for a July 19th interview!!! The email didn't say what time the day starts, so should I assume it's as stated on the website (9 am)?

thank you so much for sharing this information. very nice of you. soon the rest of us will not have to wait to know the answer.

congratulations!

I have a Full Studio available at The Edge Apartments (very new and luxurious) right next to the temple main campus. They have a gym and swimming pool, and there are many good restaurants, groceries, cafes, bars, and libraries in short walking distance.

There is also a shuttle that goes to Temple Med every hour that runs until 11PM, and it is a very safe area due to the temple students living in that area. You can also access the subway (1 min walking) which is only about a 7-minute subway ride to the temple med school, 8-minute subway ride to Center City.

A combined living and bedroom area
A kitchenette
One bathroom
Furniture Package (queen matress and frame, desk, chair, two chest of drawers, end table, fridge, microwave, flat panel TV)
Cable television w/flat panel tv
High speed Internet
Electricity and water allowance
Access to all on-site amenities
On-site Parking Area

Please PM me for further information !!!

Last edited:
have more people received rejections? or do you think theyre holding out until all the interviews are over?

Did anyone apply in late April/ early May and still not hear anything?

The last interview finished yesterday so if you haven't heard from them, then they are likely not going to send you an invite.

There was just 3 of us at the interview. Not sure what that entails, but I guess just waiting is all that's left. (~_~; )

To those accepted, what kind of ECs did you guys have? JW. ^_^

For those of you recently accepted, how are you finding your living arrangements so close to the beginning of the program?

i am thinking of applying for fall 2014.

from what i have read its a guaranteed admission after 1 year once you jump thru the hoops?

how much does the 1 year post-bac program cost?

and how competitive am I with a 27/3.5 and decent ECs?

i am thinking of applying for fall 2014.

from what i have read its a guaranteed admission after 1 year once you jump thru the hoops?

how much does the 1 year post-bac program cost?

and how competitive am I with a 27/3.5 and decent ECs?

i got rejected but here's my advice anyway...(1) get a 30+ on the mcat because in the program you need a 30 or better (no less than 8 on a section) to qualify for the guarantee. the people who got in with lower mcats had 3.8 GPA + (2) have your app ready by February. they start looking at apps sometime between march (in 2012) and may (2013). in 2012 it was really early and they interviewed in april whereas this year it was later. don't chance it. (3) don't expect to get accepted even if you are a compelling candidate. this program is very competitive.

as for the cost, tuition is 25K, 12K federal loans and 13K private + living expenses. good luck!

Woohoo! Just got my rejection in the e-mail. So excited to hear something back ;)

How many spots were available this cycle?

…I'm referring to 2012-2013 cycle