Temple Advanced Standing program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an interview call for the end of this month. can someone tell me how to prepare?

Members don't see this ad.

How many more seats does temple have left?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going for the interview on the 27th. How many people do they normally call at a time?

can anybody temme how to increase the chances of admission into the advance standing dds program in any of the unis?

guys serious question..i wanted to apply to temple this year even though it is 3 years....and i even got a chance to visit the school just casually since i was at a relatives place but I cant believe how they could have a school at such a high crime location - it is so so unsafe! people getting stabbed ..shops being looted! n especially for girls...!!! The reception woman herself told me to avoid driving in alone after 5pm to the school. It sucks that i cant apply to this school now..since my hubby and parents would kill me...but is any other school like this as well?

this year seats have reached to maximum capacity, thank you for applying temple....i got this email today

did anyone who interviewed get an alternate list / waiting list mail or rejection mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
...a helpful advice ..especially for ladies applying here and guys who are not bodybuilders- the most unsafe school = more than even howard - not kiddin....heard an extremely disturbing story there..ul can talk to cynthia D3 and wilma D1 and other girls....for the onez already studying there...ignore the msg n b safe...all the best.. :rolleyes:

...a helpful advice ..especially for ladies applying here and guys who are not bodybuilders- the most unsafe school = more than even howard - not kiddin....heard an extremely disturbing story there..ul can talk to cynthia D3 and wilma D1 and other girls....for the onez already studying there...ignore the msg n b safe...all the best.. :rolleyes:

totaly agree with you manthara...i had the same issue and opted for nyu- but I guess people wont take this advice in the right spirit even if u mean well..so avoid....n i know of those stories -- its sad...how much risk girls r willing to take just for a degree... btw i have sent u a pm

To all of the people bashing Temple:

Calm down! It's not in a bad area per se. The area immediately surrounding Kornberg school of Dentistry is not UNSAFE. The subway is on the same street, so that is pretty helpful. When I went to Temple for my interview, I spoke to a ton of people about campus safety and everybody assured me that it is a great school, with no problems at all. Noone really stays after 5pm anyway, so there shouldn't be any issue. Since Kornberg is a three year college, there's no need to stay there after 4-5pm (this is what I was told by most students). Everybody at Kornberg, genuinely seemed very happy to be studying over there. Maybe you guys are confusing the main campus of Temple University with the Dental campus. The main campus is about 2 miles away, more or less, and have had problems, but ever since they've increased security a lot.

In conclusion, don't be afraid of applying there. You have to be street smart everywhere, not just at Temple. UPenn is fine because it is the University City area, but trust me, you still have to walk to take the subway and then a train after that, so at the end of the day, it's all the same. Don't flash your things, get home at a decent hour, walk around in groups, if need be, and just be smart about everything.

And please stop discouraging people from applying to Temple Uni Kornberg School of Dentistry. People, be smart and do your research. Don't listen to people who heard something from someone. Talk to people who are students over there (not just one or two but more than that). Everyone's experience is different. Take a train to the campus, or drive there and see for yourself. Don't let anyone discourage you!!!! Temple University is the second busiest dental college in the country!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
:thumbup:

To all of the people bashing Temple:

Calm down! It's not in a bad area per se. The area immediately surrounding Kornberg school of Dentistry is not UNSAFE. The subway is on the same street, so that is pretty helpful. When I went to Temple for my interview, I spoke to a ton of people about campus safety and everybody assured me that it is a great school, with no problems at all. Noone really stays after 5pm anyway, so there shouldn't be any issue. Since Kornberg is a three year college, there's no need to stay there after 4-5pm (this is what I was told by most students). Everybody at Kornberg, genuinely seemed very happy to be studying over there. Maybe you guys are confusing the main campus of Temple University with the Dental campus. The main campus is about 2 miles away, more or less, and have had problems, but ever since they've increased security a lot.

In conclusion, don't be afraid of applying there. You have to be street smart everywhere, not just at Temple. UPenn is fine because it is the University City area, but trust me, you still have to walk to take the subway and then a train after that, so at the end of the day, it's all the same. Don't flash your things, get home at a decent hour, walk around in groups, if need be, and just be smart about everything.

And please stop discouraging people from applying to Temple Uni Kornberg School of Dentistry. People, be smart and do your research. Don't listen to people who heard something from someone. Talk to people who are students over there (not just one or two but more than that). Everyone's experience is different. Take a train to the campus, or drive there and see for yourself. Don't let anyone discourage you!!!! Temple University is the second busiest dental college in the country!!!!!

Last edited:

well I wont say that its false..but I guess.. one has to do what one has to ! no choice :(
anyway ..people who got selected join this group..https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/395856817166660/?fref=ts

I received a wait-listing email this morning..

ATTENTION Everybody who interviewed on Dec. 17, 18, and 19th 2013... Has anyone heard back from Temple yet?