Temple BCMS Program Discontinued??!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

filmtomd

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had been planning on applying to this program ever since I first decided I was going to do a career-changer post-bac program and I went on the website yesterday only to see they stopped offering the program??! I'm sad it seemed like such a great program and I was really excited about it. Anyone know why they stopped it?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know why they stopped offering it, but Temple still offers the ACMS, BCHS and the ACHS... only the BCHS is really meant for career changers as far as I recall though. There are also a bunch of other career changer oriented programs in the Philadelphia region, many of which are listed at Postbac .

I don't know why they stopped offering it, but Temple still offers the ACMS, BCHS and the ACHS... only the BCHS is really meant for career changers as far as I recall though. There are also a bunch of other career changer oriented programs in the Philadelphia region, many of which are listed at Postbac .
Do you know the difference between the BCMS and BCHS programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
The only difference that I know of is that one is in the College of Science and Technology, and the other (discontinued) one was in Katz. On the plus side, the CST BCHS has four linkages to potentially take advantage of (George Washington, Katz, PCOM, SUNY Downstate). There's also this thread from the CST program director:

The only difference that I know of is that one is in the College of Science and Technology, and the other (discontinued) one was in Katz. On the plus side, the CST BCHS has four linkages to potentially take advantage of (George Washington, Katz, PCOM, SUNY Downstate). There's also this thread from the CST program director:

Oh amazing - thanks so much!

hey, i went through BCMS a couple years ago and heard recently about the program ending. They do still have an advanced program (ACMS).
I applied to this program specifically bc of the conditional acceptance to temple's school of medicine (lksom), but the program was completely the same as BCHS, except we had less on site support/ advising. We did have an amazing duo at LKSOM who were pulling for us (love them!), but we saw them rarely. We were not at the med school, we were on main campus and physically with the BCHS program all the time. Our specific faculty/advisor didn't have control over any of the curriculum/ teaching/ any complaints.
To make this more clear, there were 10 BCMS (this is the conditional acceptance folks who applied through the med school) and about ?30 students in BCHS (this is through the temple college of science and technology on main campus, and without a conditional acceptance, that I am aware of). We took the same classes at the same time all together.
The BCHS students did great- very smart and motivated people. I haven't kept in touch well, but i've heard that many people are in medical school and happy. I really don't know much about the linkages. I know that some students were encouraged to apply for Podiatry. Most of the students were pretty satisfied with BCHS. Except for the conditional acceptance, there was no difference from BCMS.
Good luck to everyone. It's a long road.

Reactions: 1 user
hey, i went through BCMS a couple years ago and heard recently about the program ending. They do still have an advanced program (ACMS).
I applied to this program specifically bc of the conditional acceptance to temple's school of medicine (lksom), but the program was completely the same as BCHS, except we had less on site support/ advising. We did have an amazing duo at LKSOM who were pulling for us (love them!), but we saw them rarely. We were not at the med school, we were on main campus and physically with the BCHS program all the time. Our specific faculty/advisor didn't have control over any of the curriculum/ teaching/ any complaints.
To make this more clear, there were 10 BCMS (this is the conditional acceptance folks who applied through the med school) and about ?30 students in BCHS (this is through the temple college of science and technology on main campus, and without a conditional acceptance, that I am aware of). We took the same classes at the same time all together.
The BCHS students did great- very smart and motivated people. I haven't kept in touch well, but i've heard that many people are in medical school and happy. I really don't know much about the linkages. I know that some students were encouraged to apply for Podiatry. Most of the students were pretty satisfied with BCHS. Except for the conditional acceptance, there was no difference from BCMS.
Good luck to everyone. It's a long road.
Thank you so much! Very helpful and great to hear.