Temple Class of 2018 Official Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhillyPharm27

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread so I decided to start one. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted!!! See you all at orientation.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I was looking for a thread too. I got accepted, but I wanted to get more insight on how the program here is at the school. Congrats to those who got also accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
sGPA: 3.58
cGPA: 3.49
PCA: 81

I just recently graduated from Temple main campus so I can try to answer as many questions as I can. I conducted research at the Pharmacy school for a year and a half and it was a great experience but I am not an expert on their PharmD program.

Got in mid November.. deposited 500. lets do this

Congrats! I just received my acceptance packet a few days ago so I will be sending in my deposit on Monday. Where is everyone from?

I'm From Jersey! I need to find a place to live in philly though

I applied here and still havent heard anything back yet, in terms of an interview invite. Did you all apply early admissions or regularly?

I applied here and still havent heard anything back yet, in terms of an interview invite. Did you all apply early admissions or regularly?

My transcripts were verified way back in July, with an exception to 3 classes in which I just sent to pharmcas today for academic update. Since I applied so early and have not heard anything back, I am thinking that they do not review applications until all transcripts are received. I am somewhat upset that it is taking so long. What is the point of getting everything done early if 5 months later still nothing from the COP... lame

My transcripts were verified way back in July, with an exception to 3 classes in which I just sent to pharmcas today for academic update. Since I applied so early and have not heard anything back, I am thinking that they do not review applications until all transcripts are received. I am somewhat upset that it is taking so long. What is the point of getting everything done early if 5 months later still nothing from the COP... lame
pharmcas literally won't send them out until all the classes you have listed are accounted for with your transcripts. I had the same problem until i sent them a transcript to update one of my classes.

pharmcas literally won't send them out until all the classes you have listed are accounted for with your transcripts. I had the same problem until i sent them a transcript to update one of my classes.

My transcripts have been verified and mailed out I just had to add a couple classes during the "academic update". My supp was completed the day my Apps were mailed. I have had an interview at another university and accepted, but I haven't received one email from Temple University.

Last edited:
My transcripts have been verified and mailed out I just had to add a couple classes during the "academic update". My supp was completed the day my Apps were mailed. I have had an interview at another university and accepted, but I haven't received one email from Temple University.
I'm in the same situation. I have already received and acceptance and 4 other interviews and have heard nothing from temple.

just withdraw my acceptance today. There is one spot for you guys.

Members don't see this ad :)
I finished all their required pre-reqs and i sent my application in around september. All i ever got was correspondence that they recived my supplemental app and fee. Im not too frustrated because i do know schools like Uni. Maryland wait u til january to say anything. But for Temple, i see ppl have been getting accepted all throughout the past couple months..

I finished all their required pre-reqs and i sent my application in around september. All i ever got was correspondence that they recived my supplemental app and fee. Im not too frustrated because i do know schools like Uni. Maryland wait u til january to say anything. But for Temple, i see ppl have been getting accepted all throughout the past couple months..
Same here. I'm not really sure what's going on there.

When I was invited to Temple interview, It took me around 2 weeks after pharmcas mailed the application to designated school. Jefferson took less than 2 weeks, Temple took exactly 2 weeks after the mail-in. I never went to Temple interview, but I know that they told me they do not interview anyone until late January after early week of December, which is their last interview date for Fall semester.

Hey! Im a current first year at temple pharm, let me know what kind of questions you have! Congratulations on getting in and choosing temple!!

No they do interview before January. They have two different interview sessions. They start in October and end in December and then start back again in January

Hey! Im a current first year at temple pharm, let me know what kind of questions you have! Congratulations on getting in and choosing temple!!

Hi! I have a question for you. I'm starting this Fall 2014, and looking to stay in Philadelphia. Where is the safest place to live to be close to the School of Pharmacy campus?

Hi! I have a question for you. I'm starting this Fall 2014, and looking to stay in Philadelphia. Where is the safest place to live to be close to the School of Pharmacy campus?

I went to Temple main for my bachelors and I would highly suggest that you do not live near the pharmacy school or health campus. Majority of students live either in Center City, Fairmount area, or Manayunk. Center City is great with plenty of stuff to do all around. It is also very convenient with the Broad street subway line that will drop you off right on campus. I haven't really priced anything yet but I'm thinking this will be the most expensive way to go. Fairmount is also very nice but not as close to the subway but still close enough to be convenient. Manayunk is the farthest from the Pharm school but still a nice place to live with a lot of action all around. Congrats on the acceptance.

Im trying to get an apartment near elkins park. its like 10-15 miles from school. I could drive to the school and i heard it is 250 dollars per semester for parking.

Congrats on getting into TEMPLE !!! You won't regret your decision on choosing TUSP. I'm a current first year student, feel free to ask any questions!

Accepted into class of 2018 .... whoop whoop

So I'm an out of state student (Florda) that prett much decided at the last minute i wanted to apply OOS. I completely my application on 2/3 (lol) basically the deadline. Supplemental was mailed on 2/3 with a postmark for that day (called admissions and this is acceptable).

I have a 3.17 sci+cum gpa, 95% PCAT, amazing volunteer/leadership experience and a summer of volunteering in a pharmacy. Do you think I have a chance of getting an interview invite/acceptance? Also does temple give considerations to minority students/students with a difficult background?

Did you end up hearing anything? I finished my application in November and I got an interview invite just yesterday. I'm not sure what to expect since it's a little late.

So I'm an out of state student (Florda) that prett much decided at the last minute i wanted to apply OOS. I completely my application on 2/3 (lol) basically the deadline. Supplemental was mailed on 2/3 with a postmark for that day (called admissions and this is acceptable).

I have a 3.17 sci+cum gpa, 95% PCAT, amazing volunteer/leadership experience and a summer of volunteering in a pharmacy. Do you think I have a chance of getting an interview invite/acceptance? Also does temple give considerations to minority students/students with a difficult background?

I am also an out of state applicant with similar GPA & PCAT, and I was invited for an interview. They are still doing interviews in March, so hopefully you will get an interview invite soon.

Last edited:
I recently got an interview offer and I was wondering if anyone here knows what kind of questions they ask?

I recently got an interview offer and I was wondering if anyone here knows what kind of questions they ask?

Hey I just had an interview on 2/26 and was accepted two days later. The interview was a group interview, and was asked why pharmacy? What are the biggest issues in pharmacy? Do you have any pharmacy experience? Why temple? They weren't that difficult and the interview was very easy going and friendly.

Hey I just had an interview on 2/26 and was accepted two days later. The interview was a group interview, and was asked why pharmacy? What are the biggest issues in pharmacy? Do you have any pharmacy experience? Why temple? They weren't that difficult and the interview was very easy going and friendly.
Thanks a lot

I interviewed 2/28 and two days later I got an email saying I was placed on a waiting list. Has this happened to anyone else? And does anyone know the chances of getting accepted once your on the alternate list?

I interviewed 2/28 and two days later I got an email saying I was placed on a waiting list. Has this happened to anyone else? And does anyone know the chances of getting accepted once your on the alternate list?

Awww, What is your stats? Just stay positive. A friend of mine was placed on the waiting list last year and finally got accepted in August. It is a long wait, and must be nerve wrecking, but you would be fine. Exploit all your options but keep hope alive

Why pharmacy? why temple? give an example of your leadership skills, Give an example of a situation you used your instincts, when last did you make a big mistake and how did you fix it? Why should we choose you out of the thousands of other competitive applicants? It was relaxed and interesting. Just be calm and you would be fine. Good thing is that they get back to people real fast. I got accepted the day, after my interview.

I am also an out of state applicant with similar GPA & PCAT, and I was invited for an interview. They are still doing interviews in March, so hopefully you will get an interview invite soon.

You should be fine. I applied on the 31st of Jan, got an interview on the 11th of feb and got accepted the day after my interview. My GPA is 3.79 but my PCAT wasn't anywhere as good as your. Stay positive.

You should be fine. I applied on the 31st of Jan, got an interview on the 11th of feb and got accepted the day after my interview. My GPA is 3.79 but my PCAT wasn't anywhere as good as your. Stay positive.

Hi! Has anyone else been accepted? I just interviewed today. How long can the wait be until I hear back from them with a decision?

Hi All,
I just had my interview last Friday 3/14 and got an email today. I got waitlisted :( Now I don't know what I am going to do because I need to retake my PCAT this summer in case I do not get in this year so am doing a test prep program next month. Anyone know how long we can expect to wait or how many people usually get in from the waitlist?

Hi All,
I just had my interview last Friday 3/14 and got an email today. I got waitlisted :( Now I don't know what I am going to do because I need to retake my PCAT this summer in case I do not get in this year so am doing a test prep program next month. Anyone know how long we can expect to wait or how many people usually get in from the waitlist?
I got waitlisted as well :/ I read somewhere that it could take until August to find out in some cases. That is so nerve wracking!

Yes someone told me they can let you know June, July, or August. Accepted my spot? No I am waiting for the packet to arrive in the mail for the waitlist or at least what the email said. I am worried about how many people are on the list...guess we just have to keep our fingers crossed :)

Interviewed March 19th and was taken off the waitlist and accepted last Wednesday :) Couldn't be more excited! Can't wait to meet everyone.

And for anyone still on the waitlist, don't forget that some people still need to take classes over the summer and/or get at least the minimum grade required for all of their classes this semester. Fingers crossed for all of you! :)

Congrats colormexinsane!

I'm still on the wait list:( and had a question.
Did you get an email or snail mail or did they call you?

Hey!
I just got a call from Joan yesterday and was on the waitlist and got pulled off :) I interviewed on March 14th. Can't wait to meet everyone! For anyone else still on the waitlist, I am pulling for you all as well :) Can't wait to start! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey!
I just got a call from Joan yesterday and was on the waitlist and got pulled off :) I interviewed on March 14th. Can't wait to meet everyone! For anyone else still on the waitlist, I am pulling for you all as well :) Can't wait to start! :)

What was ur stat?

I was wondering about the wait list so I emailed Joan and instead of emailing me back...i got the call that i was recently accepted! Can't wait to meet everyone!