Temple Early Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giggsy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from Temple about interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an email this morning about interviewing on October 2nd

I also got an email about it yesterday morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email this morning about interviewing on October 2nd
did you apply ED? I thought ED applicants find out whether they are accepted or not by mid Sept, no?

I didn't apply ED but I submitted my application on Aug 1.

I didn't apply ED but I also submitted my application by August

Has anyone who interviewed Oct 2 heard anything yet?

Congrats everyone! Accepted yesterday as well.

Interview is in a group. About 6 applicants, 5 students, and a professor. Questions ranged from "name your favorite quote and explain why" to the standard "explain a difficult situation you were in and how you handled it."

The questions are behavioral based, so having a few good experiences to pick from is helpful.

They are very laid back - students were told to dress in sweats.

Just wondering for those of you who were accepted what were your stats? I have yet to hear from Temple and I had everything submitted Aug. 27....

Members don't see this ad :)
Overall GPA: 3.75
Pre-Req GPA: 3.84ish
GRE: 145V 156Q 4.0W (took once and wanted to save $)

Extra-Curric:
Dean's List every semester, tutor, active in honors society, three leadership positions in student organizations, A LOT of non-PT volunteer, lifeguard, CPR/AED certified, and worked 4 jobs throughout college

Hours:
300 hrs outpatient/geriatrics/peds/aquatics/vestibular/sports med
10hrs inpatient/short term nursing

Submitted July 14th - verified August 2.

Last edited:
Congrats everyone! Accepted yesterday as well.

Interview is in a group. About 6 applicants, 5 students, and a professor. Questions ranged from "name your favorite quote and explain why" to the standard "explain a difficult situation you were in and how you handled it."

The questions are behavioral based, so having a few good experiences to pick from is helpful.

They are very laid back - students were told to dress in sweats.
That's great! Is temple your first choice? I have my interview next Friday!

Overall GPA: 3.81
Prereq GPA: 3.6
GRE: 170V, 155Q, 4.5W
BA and MA in Philosophy, MS in Exercise Physiology
Extracurricular/Work: 4+ years of TA experience (in philosophy and ex phys), volunteer youth soccer coach, club XC and club soccer, misc. office work after I got out of college and before I went back to school for my MS, Dean's List, Phi Beta Kappa, received a departmental award in college for having the highest GPA in my major.
No shadowing hours. I thought this might hurt me but I guess it was okay.

As people have said, the interview was very casual! We got to dress down because of bad weather but I'd assume that normally you'd want to wear a suit. My questions were about a time I got angry about something that happened in school, a time I had to defuse a situation before it got out of hand, and what I would do if I caught my supervisor at my first clinical over-billing patients. Other questions in my group were things like 'What are you passionate about?', 'What would you do if you caught a classmate cheating?' 'Why would your best friend say that you should be accepted to the program'? Good luck to everyone interviewing next Fri.

Reactions: 1 user
Overall GPA: 3.81
Prereq GPA: 3.6
GRE: 170V, 155Q, 4.5W
BA and MA in Philosophy, MS in Exercise Physiology
Extracurricular/Work: 4+ years of TA experience (in philosophy and ex phys), volunteer youth soccer coach, club XC and club soccer, misc. office work after I got out of college and before I went back to school for my MS, Dean's List, Phi Beta Kappa, received a departmental award in college for having the highest GPA in my major.
No shadowing hours. I thought this might hurt me but I guess it was okay.

As people have said, the interview was very casual! We got to dress down because of bad weather but I'd assume that normally you'd want to wear a suit. My questions were about a time I got angry about something that happened in school, a time I had to defuse a situation before it got out of hand, and what I would do if I caught my supervisor at my first clinical over-billing patients. Other questions in my group were things like 'What are you passionate about?', 'What would you do if you caught a classmate cheating?' 'Why would your best friend say that you should be accepted to the program'? Good luck to everyone interviewing next Fri.
any advice for people like me who don't necessarily feel like interviewing is their strongest area?

any advice for people like me who don't necessarily feel like interviewing is their strongest area?
Don't over think it. Like they mentioned before the interview was so casual. Minus the one faculty member you are just talking with current students. The students I had would let us answer and then it would kind of turn into a casual conversation. I mixed up what interview group I was with and was freaking out but they made me feel so comfortable about it. Most of the questions are behavioral too so there aren't necessarily right answers so don't go crazy trying to be perfect.

What do you struggle with? In general I think it's important to be as genuine as you can. Think of a few good stories from your life in advance that you could use to answer the standard behavioral questions. Everyone was very nice in my group and it was more like a casual conversation than a typical interview. If they throw you a tricky hypothetical question about an ethical dilemma or something, just be honest if you think it's complicated - try not to worry about saying the 'perfect' thing.

What do you struggle with? In general I think it's important to be as genuine as you can. Think of a few good stories from your life in advance that you could use to answer the standard behavioral questions. Everyone was very nice in my group and it was more like a casual conversation than a typical interview. If they throw you a tricky hypothetical question about an ethical dilemma or something, just be honest if you think it's complicated - try not to worry about saying the 'perfect' thing.
well I guess my struggle would be answering an unexpected question or something that I don't necessarily have an answer for.

I was accepted to Temple! Do anyone know if they send you a confirmation email once they receive your deposit?

I was accepted to Temple! Do anyone know if they send you a confirmation email once they receive your deposit?
Do you know if temple is still planning for more interview dates or are they done? Did they tell you when the other interview dates are? I'm still trying to decide whether I want to apply to temple.

Do you know if temple is still planning for more interview dates or are they done? Did they tell you when the other interview dates are? I'm still trying to decide whether I want to apply to temple.
no they didn't tell me. but then again, i didn't ask. All I know is their deadline is in January and they hope to have the class filled by early feb. so I would say go ahead and apply. Some ppl who get accepted will end up changing their mind. For instance, i already put my deposit down but then I got an acceptance from drexel with a great scholarship opportunity so I'm considering that.

no they didn't tell me. but then again, i didn't ask. All I know is their deadline is in January and they hope to have the class filled by early feb. so I would say go ahead and apply. Some ppl who get accepted will end up changing their mind. For instance, i already put my deposit down but then I got an acceptance from drexel with a great scholarship opportunity so I'm considering that.
Good to know. Thanks a lot.