Temple has 25-30 Alternates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carlg

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found this out today by calling the admissions office. I was suprised to hear such a low number. I thought I would pass this along to whomever else is an alternate for Temple. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad.

For those who applied to Temple, how early did you apply? I applied for fall 2004 but they're not reviewing my application for this class. They will review it for 2005. If that's the case, how come they already cashed my check? Is anyone here fall in the same situation?

How did you find out that your applications was being forwarded for the entering Fall 2005? I sumbmitted my application in Jan. And haven't heard anything. I want to enter as a 2004 student.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called and that was what the admission lady told me, then a few weeks later, I received the letter. You should call to see what is up with your application. Good Luck!

Thanks! When did you submit your application wusiwug04 ?

I applied pretty late, some time in February almost toward the deadline. I think that's the reason why my application is held back for Fall 2005. When did you apply?

OMG, I am on a temple's waiting list, and I am faling ORG Chemestry...

I thought it is going to be around 200 people on a waiting list, so there were no chance to get in this year... now i really blew it...

Does anyone knows, if I can retake it in a different college this summer, will it save me? :laugh:

do you have to send this semester's transcript? i mean do you have other prereqs you're taking
otherwise
take it in the summer and send that transcript

unfortunatelly, i am taking Physics as well :(

what if you went ahead and took it this summer and just sent your final transcripts (summer orgo first) when you finished?

wow, thanks for the idea! Now I see some light at the end of the tunnel:)

I called today and they told me i am 20 out of 85 alternates. I guess the number grew.

oh, what did you say?
cuz last time I called, I got yelled by the lady, that I am not suppose to ask my #:)

ok, I just called them, I am #39...
guess it is safe now to fail Org chemestry and just re apply next year...

Does anyone knows if being on a waiting list this year, gives any chance to get in next year? Or it is going to be the same exact process?

It seems to me that you still have a minor chance of getting in, because some people on the waiting list probably will not go anyway, since they probably have been accepted to some other schools. Good luck!!

i wonder if this list is of all the people on the waitlist who deposited.

thanks goheel, I guess hope does the last, right :p

carlg, do you have any other choices besidesTemple?

Some people still haven't got a decision from the March interviews. Most decisions were mailed out in the Jan and Feb interviews, so I think there are some spots left. They could be comparing the applicants from the March interviews with the waiting list applicants.

Temple is the only school I applied to.

I am from philly, so I wanted to commute.

yea, same here...