Temple Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

comet81

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can those who got accepted into Temple or had interview already help me for my upcoming itnerview? I heard temple interview is somewhat tricky than any other place.

Members don't see this ad.

I also received the same letter too. I am not sure whether I should go or not.

Hey all,

I just got my interview letter from Temple yesterday as well. I applied a longggggg time ago (been accepted to a few schools already) and wasn't even going to go. I figured I'd just take a ride an check it out. Anyone heard about the school/interview at all?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,

I just got my interview letter from Temple yesterday as well. I applied a longggggg time ago (been accepted to a few schools already) and wasn't even going to go. I figured I'd just take a ride an check it out. Anyone heard about the school/interview at all?

I applied long time ago,,around september..I have been accepted to few schools as well.
The school seemed very scary,,,when I traveled there last year....

I thought I posted my question already but for some reason i am not able to detect it. So I will ask again,

I applied to Temple and haven't heard from them in a very long time. The last time they told me was that they need my PCAT result from January. Obviously, it didn't measure up to what they are looking for or something. What are your statuses guys? that might help me not to set my hopes too high.

Thanks.
Marco.

Can those who got accepted into Temple or had interview already help me for my upcoming itnerview? I heard temple interview is somewhat tricky than any other place.

I thought I posted my question already but for some reason i am not able to detect it. So I will ask again,

I applied to Temple and haven't heard from them in a very long time. The last time they told me was that they need my PCAT result from January. Obviously, it didn't measure up to what they are looking for or something. What are your statuses guys? that might help me not to set my hopes too high.

Thanks.
Marco.

I had my interview already. The process is unlike any other I have been to. There is no way to gauge what will be asked, as the interview is in a group and in the format of an informal discussion. Therefore, you are at the mercy of the interviewer (i.e. the assistant dean). I didn't mind the process, I actually felt more comfortable justifying my qualifications in a group. There seemed to be more opportunity in stating how your qualifications are better than the other interviewees (i.e. easier to prove you're worthy of admissions).

I had my interview already. The process is unlike any other I have been to. There is no way to gauge what will be asked, as the interview is in a group and in the format of an informal discussion. Therefore, you are at the mercy of the interviewer (i.e. the assistant dean). I didn't mind the process, I actually felt more comfortable justifying my qualifications in a group. There seemed to be more opportunity in stating how your qualifications are better than the other interviewees (i.e. easier to prove you're worthy of admissions).

What kinds of questions did they ask you? Did they tell you when you would hear back from them? When exactly did you have your interview?

The interview is a group interview and questions were based off of your qualifications.

For example: You are asked to introduce yourself and then elaborate upon your qualifications. The interviewer (i.e. the dean) will then ask you questions about your credentials. You are expected to hold your own in a fast paced discussion type atmosphere, as there are 3 other interviewers at the table.

The interview is a group interview and questions were based off of your qualifications.

For example: You are asked to introduce yourself and then elaborate upon your qualifications. The interviewer (i.e. the dean) will then ask you questions about your credentials. You are expected to hold your own in a fast paced discussion type atmosphere, as there are 3 other interviewers at the table.

would you mind going through in more detail what happened during your interview? was it only a free for all of everyone trying to explain why they were better than the next person?

thanks

Hey do they have you write an essay for a writing sample? Also have you heard back from them since your interview?

would you mind going through in more detail what happened during your interview? was it only a free for all of everyone trying to explain why they were better than the next person?

thanks

The interview was highly informal. If your a professional, you know it as the well known practice of "corporate meetings." You basically sit at conference table and talk about various topics. You have to stay on your toes because the conversation changes topics quickly. It really is like a free-for-all.

FYI: There is no essay.

I know. I wonder what it is that makes u stand out from the other applicants, and how that interview influences decisions. The interviewer didn't really appear to be scribbling down notes...then i would think he was evaluating us. But no....just talking. The whole thing was just a 1 hour conversation. Really laid back. Besides really knowing why u wanna be a pharmacist and why temple, everything else is impromptu, and just conversations about anything......we even talked about music and sports at one point. Weirrrd..

So have you guys heard back from them since your interview? Also do you know how many people have been accepted? Whats the class size?

So have you guys heard back from them since your interview? Also do you know how many people have been accepted? Whats the class size?

I have not heard back yet. Temple states they will give notice sometime in March/April. Average class size is 150-160 with a total of 2500 applicants. I was additionally told Temple only interviews 300.