Temple Not participating in the match??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HeartFailure

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Everyone should check the NRMP.org website, log-in, and check actual program quotas for the upcoming match. I found out that Louisville only has 1 spot listed for the match, so good luck witih that! And although Washington University lists 10 spots on Freida, their quota is actually 6. But I saw that Temple University is NOT listed as a participant. Does anyone know anything about that? Is that accurate?

Members don't see this ad.

Based on the information at FREIDA, Temple is not participating in this year's match. I would assume this means that they will fill all of their spots outside the match. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for the info. I have yet to hear from them personally.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd be surprised if this were true. Looking at NRMP deadlines (http://www.nrmp.org/fellow/schedule.html), it appears that the programs may change their quota up until 5/21/08. Looking at the specific quotas for each program shows that Temple isn't on there, Maine isn't on there, and Louisville is on there for 1. I suspect that many programs choose to change their quota at the end of interview season depending on how interviews went.

Although it's easy to change a program's quota on NRMP, you must bear in mind that an ACGME accredited program has to submit a request to the ACGME for a complement increase before it's official. That process takes time. On top of that, the program usually has to submit the request to their own GME committee before even submitting to the ACGME for approval. These committees normally only meet once a month.

Quota increases aren't knee-jerk. There's a lot of forethought and planning that happens before anything is initiated (with GME governing bodies or NRMP).

Moreover...I think the deadline has already passed for programs to register for the match. If they're not in there yet then they ain't playing this year.

I think this issue is now resolved as Temple is listed in the NRMP as of Friday the 14th. They have a quota of 4.