Temple on campus housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emericana

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone who lives here comment on the quality?
Do the majority of students first year live here?
What are the advantages other than being real close to class?
Is it a good way to meet fellow classmates (like dorms freshman year of college but without the copious amounts of booze) or just a easy way for people who are moving to not have to deal with renting an apartment?

Members don't see this ad.

ONLY POD housing downtown.

I have lived in the POD dorms, and it was an ok experience. Just make sure that you and your roommate are compatible. On the most part the dorms are fine, not like freshman college dorms, but way way better. Of course there is copious amounts of booze, but usually only on the weekends, and if you don't want that you don't have to do it. I would recommend first year to live in the dorm since it is so easy to get to class and makes life simpler.

There are no real advantages of living in the dorm, however it does simplify your life since you don't have to worry about housing or expensive rent. There are nice apartment buildings in the area such as 9 north 9, and other chinatown apartments, however the rent is over $1000.

Hi! Do not live in the pod housing if you have a better option. The quality of the apartments are not good. The majority of people I know had a lot of maintenance requests and it took them awhile to fix things. I did not have working appliances for two months. The atmosphere is good. They have study lounges. You will get to make a lot of friends living in the dorms. It is really convenient being so close to the school though. I seriously had 15 maintenance requests this year. I know people who they are just fixing their rooms now at the end of the year. Some people did have bug problems and they didn't do anything. There are some other non-podiatry students in the dorms but it is almost all podiatry students. There are a lot of first years which is good for making friends and studying together.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Do not live in the pod housing if you have a better option. The quality of the apartments are not good. The majority of people I know had a lot of maintenance requests and it took them awhile to fix things. I did not have working appliances for two months. The atmosphere is good. They have study lounges. You will get to make a lot of friends living in the dorms. It is really convenient being so close to the school though. I seriously had 15 maintenance requests this year. I know people who they are just fixing their rooms now at the end of the year. Some people did have bug problems and they didn't do anything. There are some other non-podiatry students in the dorms but it is almost all podiatry students. There are a lot of first years which is good for making friends and studying together.

Don't pay your rent until all the issues are resolved. It worked for us years ago. Try it. You'll see how fast they get things done.

Hi! Thanks! I wouldn't be surprised if that works better, since Temple loves getting our tuition money.haha