1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Temple or UMDNJ?

Discussion in 'Dental' started by montag925, Jan 2, 2009.

1. montag925

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    hey guys,

I recently got accepted to both schools and figure there is no one better to ask than current dental students and hopefully some recently graduated dentists now paying back their loans.

I live in New Jersey. Being pestimistic, Temple will cost me 100k plus interest more than UMDNJ. To you guys, is it worth the price difference. Personally, I like the Temple atmosphere better, but I am realaistic and will not be bitter if I go to UMDNJ.

I am unable to find the recent average board schools of either school or the match rankings of both schools to desired residency spots by students. Everyone I ask in my life (parents, dentists, brother who is docotr, advisors, etc..) has given me different answers. Either
    1. go where you will be most happy(Temple), since you will perform better, and will allow you more options(Temple..I think), or..
    2. go to where is cheapest because you will be a dentist after 4 years regardless (UMDNJ)

Being that most of you guys have had to make decisions similar to this and are probobly fimiliar with each of the schools, I wanted to get your opinion. It will be much appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. phantasmagoriun

phantasmagoriun Car Ramrod
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
  4. whlee84

10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    UMDNJ for sure. 100K difference is significant, no matter how much you like Temple better.

5. SoonDent

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I'm just wondering, what is it about Temple that you like so much better than UMDNJ? I'm a student there now and I love it. Just curious.