Temple Post Bacc ACMS 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicine9419

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Temple ACMS 2017-2018 Thread. Any updates or news?

Members don't see this ad.

Complete first week in December 2016. I received several emails about how they were updating their system and platform leading to unexpected delays...

Anyone knows how early they send out interview invites?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone with a sub-30 MCAT been accepted to this program?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So what happens if you complete the course (ACMS) with a 3.6 or better but don't meet the MCAT is requirement?

Submitted in early December and have heard absolutely nothing since.

Side note: Is it ill-advised to apply if I still haven't heard back from the school I interviewed at and have more interviews to attend? I'm really not confident in getting an acceptance at all.

So what happens if you complete the course (ACMS) with a 3.6 or better but don't meet the MCAT is requirement?
I assume you have to meet both requirements to matriculate to the med school.

Side note: Is it ill-advised to apply if I still haven't heard back from the school I interviewed at and have more interviews to attend? I'm really not confident in getting an acceptance at all.
I don't see why not.

I accidentally uploaded my sGPA calculator in the resume file attachment, but don't see a way to reupload my resume instead.. Any ideas?

Anyone apply additionally to the ACHS program? I applied to both a couple weeks ago, and already got an interview for ACHS. Would love if anyone could share their thoughts about comparing the two.

As for 19fools, I'm still waiting to hear back from an interview, and I got waitlisted. I applied to a few SMPs and Temple just in case, because I was losing confidence too. Always good to have a plan B.

I applied in December and also haven't heard anything yet. I received an e-mail early Feb. where they said if we were chosen for interviews they would let us know by mid Feb but no news yet.

I just got an interview invite. I applied to the predental program though. Is this the wrong thread?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Are you guys able to submit your application?
when I try to hit submit, I get the following message: "The application deadline for Entering 2017 was January 16, 2017. LKSOM is not accepting additional applications. Thank you. "

Did I miss the deadline for ACMS??

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you guys able to submit your application?
when I try to hit submit, I get the following message: "The application deadline for Entering 2017 was January 16, 2017. LKSOM is not accepting additional applications. Thank you. "

Did I miss the deadline for ACMS??
You should be able to apply until the deadline which is June 1st. I don't know if they changed it though. That's what it says on their post bacc website.

Anyone heard anything from the school? Have any interviews been sent?

Hey all, I just found out about the ACMS program and am starting an application (have not submitted it yet). I was hoping someone can answer the following questions.

1. I'm sitting on a Drexel IMS post-bacc acceptance and waiting to hear about their DPMS program (apps aren't reviewed until April 28th). Which medical school is better?

2. I can't find the place to upload a resume/GPA calculator, when I click the view supplemental information link it says "There are currently no supplemental items associated with this application." Does the resume/GPA Calculator upload happen after the initial application is submitted?

3. In the GPA Calculator it asks about MCAT scores but is set up for the pre-2015 score format, how did you all handle this if you took the MCAT2015?

4. Does anyone feel comfortable sharing their admission stats? I'm worried my 3.2 sGPA is going to get my application tossed out without review, but my MCAT is 514 (92 percentile) which is kind of redeeming?

1. Temple is a much better medical school than Drexel, and it has a proven conditional acceptance to its program without having to take a glide year.

2. I still haven't submitted my application as well but I suspect that you'll have to upload it after you submit your initial application.

3. Don't worry about the MCAT scores on the excel spreadsheet, just fill out the sGPA part.

4. you're good, all you have to do is maintain a 3.6 GPA in the program if they accept you and you'll get in.

Last edited:
The website says "All applicants without MCAT scores that fulfill the conditional acceptance, are required to request official online SAT or ACT test score reports to be sent electronically if they are selected for an interview." Does that mean you have to submit SAT/ACT score if you have <75% MCAT score? What if you've never taken those exams? My old MCAT is 27 but I'm retaking it in May. Can I still apply?

The website says "All applicants without MCAT scores that fulfill the conditional acceptance, are required to request official online SAT or ACT test score reports to be sent electronically if they are selected for an interview." Does that mean you have to submit SAT/ACT score if you have <75% MCAT score? What if you've never taken those exams? My old MCAT is 27 but I'm retaking it in May. Can I still apply?
I'm sure you can still apply, but I would call or email admissions to see what to do

Received an II for ACMS this morning! 3.0 sGPA/32 MCAT/submitted 2/25 & complete about 2 weeks later before anyone asks :)

There were dates listed for 4/20 and I think 4/26, but I'm not totally sure about the latter.

Reactions: 2 users
Received an II for ACMS this morning! 3.0 sGPA/32 MCAT/submitted 2/25 & complete about 2 weeks later before anyone asks :)

There were dates listed for 4/20 and I think 4/26, but I'm not totally sure about the latter.

Hey a brainless question, but by "II" do you guys mean interviews? Just curious, when did you submit/complete your application, and is there a way to tell the status on the application portal?

Mine currently says 9/9 Supplemental Items Received so I'm assuming it's complete. Is there a location where it displays Complete or Under Review etc?

Thanks!
- Nvm just said "Completed!" Just waiting on the turnaround time now :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
How stringent is the MCAT requirement? If you do the ACMS program, maintain a good GPA, and get a 28 instead of a 30. Will they turn you away from the med school?

Hey guys! I recently submitted my application, but I was wondering if anyone knows that stats other threads said something like 25 students are accepted? I was wondering if anyone knew... also how many of you have taken the MCAT, I haven't taken it yet and am nervous this will reduce my chances of getting in. Anything will help!

Question, for the essays how did you guys differentiate between the personal comments and the question about your decision to pursue a career in medicine?

Is it getting too late to apply to this program? I know when the deadline is but will they really consider people who apply now?

Is it getting too late to apply to this program? I know when the deadline is but will they really consider people who apply now?

June 1st is the deadline and based on the thread from last year, interviews were going on until late July. So it's not too late.

June 1st is the deadline and based on the thread from last year, interviews were going on until late July. So it's not too late.

may I ask if you are certain that the SMP's deadline is in June? On their website it says this: (unless the below isn't the SMP)
The application deadline for the summer 2017 Postbaccalaureate Basic Core in Medical Sciences Program (BCMS) was February 1, 2017. No new applications will be accepted at this point. All BCMS applicants must submit any outstanding supporting materials by February 15, 2017. Applications for 2018 summer cohort will open on October 15, 2017.

may I ask if you are certain that the SMP's deadline is in June? On their website it says this: (unless the below isn't the SMP)
The application deadline for the summer 2017 Postbaccalaureate Basic Core in Medical Sciences Program (BCMS) was February 1, 2017. No new applications will be accepted at this point. All BCMS applicants must submit any outstanding supporting materials by February 15, 2017. Applications for 2018 summer cohort will open on October 15, 2017.

You're looking at the BCMS program, this thread is about ACMS (advanced core medical science) and the deadline is June 1st. (https://medicine.temple.edu/education/postbac-program/admissions/important-dates).

And Temple does not offer a SMP ( special masters program), just a Post Bacc certificate.

You're looking at the BCMS program, this thread is about ACMS (advanced core medical science) and the deadline is June 1st. (https://medicine.temple.edu/education/postbac-program/admissions/important-dates).

And Temple does not offer a SMP ( special masters program), just a Post Bacc certificate.

thanks for your quick response.
May I ask why the ACMS program is a "postbac"? I just looked at its curriculum and it runs very similarly to other "SMPs", where most of the classes are essentially M1 classes. Whereas postbacs to my understanding are a repeat of college level science classes, like the BCMS program.

thanks for your quick response.
May I ask why the ACMS program is a "postbac"? I just looked at its curriculum and it runs very similarly to other "SMPs", where most of the classes are essentially M1 classes. Whereas postbacs to my understanding are a repeat of college level science classes, like the BCMS program.

Usually when you look at a regular SMP like for example at the Commonwealth Medical College or Drexel, the students graduate with a masters degree ( biomedical science, bioethics...) while at Temple you only get a certificate that you successfully completed their ACMS program.

Did anybody attend one of the april interviews and willing to give more insight into the day? Were you impressed with the school and the faculty? How about the other interviewees? Was more importantly wondering if they had mentioned anything on when the committee meets to hand out the next round of interviews. It just scares me that the class may be full if they accept a lot of people from the priory interview dates and I won't end up getting a slot. Thanks!

Did anybody attend one of the april interviews and willing to give more insight into the day? Were you impressed with the school and the faculty? How about the other interviewees? Was more importantly wondering if they had mentioned anything on when the committee meets to hand out the next round of interviews. It just scares me that the class may be full if they accept a lot of people from the priory interview dates and I won't end up getting a slot. Thanks!
Wondering the same. I was just accepted to the Georgetown SMP but Temple is my first choice due to the direct matriculation to their med school if you meet the criteria. Really hoping for invite.

If accepted into the program, is everyone planning on re-applying this cycle or waiting until completing the program? Can anyone from the program offer insights?

I think if you're accepted into the program, you have to sign a contract saying that you WILL attend their medical school and will not apply to other medical schools.
Oh wow.. That makes a difference. What if they don't take you?

Anyone that's gotten in it applied, Is a 511 MCAT and 3.6 GPA good enough? I'm retaking the MCAT soon and would I be able to send those score?

ECs are good. 3 research fellowships, EMT volunteer, 4 teacher assistant positions, bio mcat tutor, founded club, president of clubs, 300 hours of hospital volunteering

But i did have to repeat 2 science classes :-/. If anyone can give me advice that would be great!

Was completed in October and haven't heard a thing back.

Interviewed 4/26 but haven't heard anything back yet. For people wondering, it's the exact same setup as a med school interview with adcom members. 2 faculty interviews and a clinical skills portion

With those stats, I would have just applied regular decision through the AMCAS. These kinds of programs are for people with a weak GPA or Low MCAT score. I could see them not inviting you simply because you're a decent candidate for regular admission.
3.6 padded with repeated classes lol.

Does anyone have an idea when they'll send the next batch of interview invitations out? And also if they'll reject during reviews or just wait till the end?

My overall GPA is 2.91, but I did get a 3.5 from 30 credits of DIY post-bac. Would that give me a chance here or is it probably not worth the trouble to apply?

Anyone that's gotten in it applied, Is a 511 MCAT and 3.6 GPA good enough? I'm retaking the MCAT soon and would I be able to send those score?

ECs are good. 3 research fellowships, EMT volunteer, 4 teacher assistant positions, bio mcat tutor, founded club, president of clubs, 300 hours of hospital volunteering

But i did have to repeat 2 science classes :-/. If anyone can give me advice that would be great!

Was completed in October and haven't heard a thing back.

I'm just wondering why you didn't directly apply to medical school?

Anyone know when the committee meets to hand out the next batch of interviews?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think his 3.6 GPA is with the grades of the repeated new classes replacing the old grades but med schools don't let you replace the grades. They'll see the previous grades, as well, and consider it part of your GPA.
Yea exactly....... really hoping I get into this program. Descent mcat , kinda low GPA , good ECs. Show me some love Temple!

Just got invited for interview today! Kind of hesitant as to weather I will attend or not, but just an fyi. Best of luck all!

Just got invited for interview today! Kind of hesitant as to weather I will attend or not, but just an fyi. Best of luck all!

Thanks for the info! If you don't mind, could you share when your app was completed? And on the portal did it only say "completed" or did it change when it was under review?