Temple Post-Interview News

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DarksideAllstar

you can pay me in bud
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, today I got a letter from Temple, which I pretty much had been expecting since I left my interview. I am on the "continuing candidates" list. Now, I am not sure about this, but does everyone go on this list? or do they accept some people right off the bat? My interviewer basically told me that I would probably go on this list, so it wasn't a big shock. I guess the worst part was that in the letter it stated that non-PA residents should expect to hear at the end of the spring. Looks like a few more months of waiting around.

Members don't see this ad.

UCSFreak, I can tell you that I too received this letter back in December one week post interview. I am a PA resident. I have discovered that Temple selects candidates each month from this list for acceptance until the class is full, then they create a waitlist. So, basically we could hear any of the next few months. Is Temple one of your top choices? It is one of mine. I am quite impressed with the clinical training. Good Luck! Foxy

Foxy-

I sent you a PM about Temple in the middle of December, did you ever get it? It still says that it's unread on my profile. Good luck with everything and let us know if you hear any good news :)

-DK

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Foxy-
Temple is up there. I thought that the students and some of the faculty that I met were great. And I think the clinical training is probably as good as anywhere. The only downside that I can find is the cost ($50k/year) as an out of stater. Basically there are only three schools that I would choose other than my state school and Temple is certainly one of them. I am glad that you told me that even PA residents were put on this list, as I was deeply worried that I could end up not hearing for 4 months and then being rejected or wait-listed b/c I am out of state.

Hi-
I interviewed at Temple in the beginning of December, and I recieved an acceptance last week. I never heard anything in between. I'm an in-state applicant, though, so I don't know if that makes a difference....

Shadowplay 19 Congrats on your acceptance! Do you mind sharing when in December you interviewed? I also interviewed in December and am waiting for a response. I received the continuing candidates letter 1 week post interview. Thanks Foxy

Dr. Kermit,

Thanks, I did indeed receive your PM in December. It was quite informative and I appreciate it. Thanks for the continued good wishes. I know you were debating which school to attend, have you come any closer to a decision? Foxy

Dr. Kermit,

Thanks, I did indeed receive your PM in December. It was quite informative and I appreciated. Thanks for the continued good wishes. I know you were debating which school to attend, have you come any closer to a decision? Foxy

I interviewed on Dec 4 and was told by my interviewer that the committee wouldn't make a decision on my app til the first week of Jan, which is when I received my letter. How the hell did you guys get such a quick response?

UCSFREAK, I don't know how it was so quick, but I interviewed on Dec. 5 and received my continuing candidates letter on the Dec 15 and it was dated Dec 12. However, I do not find myself fortunate to have received this letter, it just prolongs the torture of not knowing! One can only guess how long it will take to receive a real decision. Good luck to you also!

Hi Foxy-

No, I haven't come to a decision yet. I think the seven silly schools from which I'm still waiting to hear will eventually result in little thin letters :( I was just accepted to Einstein which is going to throw a little twist into my decision because I really loved the school too. But, I'll keep you updated and wish you luck. My best friend from college is a MS-1 at Temple. I'll ask her if she has any thoughts on the the CCL.

DK

hey, will you guys post ASAP on this thread when they give you the final word. thankx

FoxyDoc,

I think you said that you interviewed at PCOM on the same day as me. I was the only guy, which one were you?

Originally posted by FoxyDoc:
•Shadowplay 19 Congrats on your acceptance! Do you mind sharing when in December you interviewed? I also interviewed in December and am waiting for a response. I received the continuing candidates letter 1 week post interview. Thanks Foxy•••

Thanks FoxyDoc. I interviewd on Nov 28. The interviewer didn't give me any indication about when I would hear anything, and I was pretty surprised to recieve a letter so quickly. When I took the tour, the guides told me that is took them a few months to hear back.

Good luck!