Temple School Of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pennidragon beats me to it. The feeling of being "wait-listed" sucks so bad. I'll just have to hope for the best. But given my luck in 2008: car windshield broken, car broken into, car being hit parked! - totaled, new used car got BB gun through window (2nd day driving it, was at home home in the suburbs!), apt got bulgarized. Hmm what else.

Yeah, I was hoping for good news from Temple to offset all of that. No dice.

did you receive a letter in the mail or was it an email?

Members don't see this ad.

It was by email. Anybody, somebody, what are the chances of being accepted from the waitlist. Any ideas?

Are you still on the alternate list or have you been accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
The email stated that on average 10-13 applicant decided not to attend even after putting down a deposit. So in theory, (average) 11 drops of 150(?) seats = 7.3 % chance. However, this percentage may be higher as I assume that if they sent out an "accepted letter", they have already crossed the seat out. Though, those students who are accepted may not choose to attend Temple. I would say roughly 10% chance of getting in. This of course, assuming, your at the #1 wait-listed seat. Meaning that if a seat opens up you're next. Judging by the amount of "alt-list" applicant, the chances are drastically reduced. The only think you can do is hope for the best, like I am.

Just a small question.... Are there any seat lefts or they just accepting everyone for interviews and placing them on the wait/alt-lists for just of the sake of statistical data...

*Good luck to everyone here*... So far Temple is the only school that has given me an interview... It seems more and more like a do or die type of situation.

So we'll probably hear from them in september or august. That's an even longer wait. If not, will have to apply EARLY for next year. I guess you can only do your best. Good luck to you.:)

I called today and the lady said there were about 100 seats taken. That means that all the letters of acceptance were already sent out and about 100 of those are confirmed. This really sucks as I have not yet received an interview from Temple and all the seats are already taken. This would n have happened if it wasn't for that one bad semester that really dragged down my GPA. I would have been able to apply earlier with a higher GPA and have gotten this **** down already. Feels like I worked my *** of for nothing this year.

I called today and the lady said there were about 100 seats taken. That means that all the letters of acceptance were already sent out and about 100 of those are confirmed. This really sucks as I have not yet received an interview from Temple and all the seats are already taken. This would n have happened if it wasn't for that one bad semester that really dragged down my GPA. I would have been able to apply earlier with a higher GPA and have gotten this **** down already. Feels like I worked my *** of for nothing this year.

I am same boat as you, but my interview is on Thursday...

There are about 50 seats left and last year they took on 5 extra people... So the class was 155 students then the just normal 150 students. This is fine with me... I hope they do that again and we all get accepted. That would be awesome!

i interviewed last week and have not received any notification. should i be worried? i haven't been accepted or waitlisted yet

Hi scuba. That's what I'm saying. Did you ask them how long it would take for a decision? I interviewed last week also. I forgot to ask them...

i interviewed last week and have not received any notification. should i be worried? i haven't been accepted or waitlisted yet

im confused how there are people in this forum who interviewed on march 18th received noticed, but we haven't. The lady at the desk told me 3 weeks when i asked her when we would received any notification.

Yeah, I'm so confused. I didn't send a thank you card so probably that's it... The wait is killing me as April is just around the corner... =( I'm confused too how people who interviewed last week already got some sort of notice... If I get in or not, I would still like to know the process b/c I worked my butt off for grades and pcat. I hope it paid off and we all get in! =)

im confused how there are people in this forum who interviewed on march 18th received noticed, but we haven't. The lady at the desk told me 3 weeks when i asked her when we would received any notification.

How can it be that they already made a waitlist since february and still interviewing others?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well to give you guys a little hope I was accepted to Temple University about 3-4 weeks ago, sent my deposit + papers already, and just received my acceptance to Shenandoah University today. I will be attending Shenandoah University in the Fall, so a seat will open up tomorrow when I call Temple.
Good luck to all who are wait-listed.

Thank you for giving us a little bit more hope. I wish I knew how they rank their "alt list" though. Maybe, I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Well to give you guys a little hope I was accepted to Temple University about 3-4 weeks ago, sent my deposit + papers already, and just received my acceptance to Shenandoah University today. I will be attending Shenandoah University in the Fall, so a seat will open up tomorrow when I call Temple.
Good luck to all who are wait-listed.

did anyone get an acceptance via email? or is it sent via regular post mail?

I'm pretty sure you are notified via email by the secretary of Admissions. Then you would receive the package by regular mail soon after.

From the email i received, it seems they will fill all the seats now and accept waitlisted students close to the beginning of the semester. I think a seat given up now creates more space for those yet to be interviewed, not those who have been waitlisted. Hopefully, i'm wrong. In that case, the more people who get off the waitlist, the better.

What the **** policy like that. They are better not giving hope for students in the waitlist like this when they fill up the seats for students have not been interview yet. Damm it!

From the email i received, it seems they will fill all the seats now and accept waitlisted students close to the beginning of the semester. I think a seat given up now creates more space for those yet to be interviewed, not those who have been waitlisted. Hopefully, i'm wrong. In that case, the more people who get off the waitlist, the better.

I agree, that is ridiculous if it's true. Why send out "alternate admission" acceptance if they are seats left to be filled. I'll die a little inside if its indeed true.

What the **** policy like that. They are better not giving hope for students in the waitlist like this when they fill up the seats for students have not been interview yet. Damm it!

I have to decide whether to send in the $500 deposit for the alternate list now!! I have to decided whether to be on the alternate list within 21 days!!!

I already put deposit down for 2 schools already (lost $1000) and I have interviews for local schools in my state coming up..
How do you guys think? Nothing much about the school that really excited me except the great "reputation" of the school... . When you say the name "temple", people way "WOW!"... Since it has medical schools and liberal arts school, it is known by other people outside pharmacy profession like mymusic teacher etc..Better reputation = better chance of getting residency.. true?

I live out-of-state, so I know nothing about the school...
What if I have finally decided not to go there, and they pull me off the wailist ..then Will I lost another $500 dollar???

How do you guys think?? I know the chance might be slim for waitlist.. right now waitlist is not ranked yet..

When were you waitlisted? Gee, i wonder how many people are on that dreaded list. If you have the money, why not? They are not going to tell you how many people are on the list or where you rank.

When were you waitlisted? Gee, i wonder how many people are on that dreaded list. If you have the money, why not? They are not going to tell you how many people are on the list or where you rank.
I was waitlisted in March.
They told me you can call in the next 2-3 weeks to be where you're in the rank.. Just called them today.

So we can call in 2 weeks? Don't even know if i want to know where i rank. Might be a second heartbreak. Anyway, i asked her why she thought i was waitlisted and she said she didn't know why. Just wondering how to improve my application for next year if i don't get in.

Anyone know what time the Temple building where the Admission office is located open at? And/or what time the office opens? Thanks in advance.

Just to get an idea, how many applicants here have been offered "Alternated Admission" and have turned in their forms/deposit.

Also for those that have been accepted to Temple and plan on giving up the spot. Thank you for giving us a chance however slim it may be.

I mailed mine out today even though I live in Philadelphia. Hopefully, since it's the same city it will get there tomorrow. I wanted to stop by the school this morning but the office doesn't open until 9am. I work a 9-5.

Hi,

Congratulations to those who are accepted and Good Luck to those waiting!!

I am looking for a place around Sommerville Ave. (Einstein Med Cntr) Area. Does anyone know if it is safe enough to live there?

I believe that today was the final interview date correct? The wait on 'alternate admission' is killing me. I can't plan anything for next year with confirming a spot or not.

Did they extend it then? co when i called to schedule my interview, i was told the last day for interviewing was the 28th of March or so. That was supposed to be the last weekday of March. But like i said earlier, the email sounded like the waitlisted students will not hear from them till summer, probably close to the beginning of the semester. That's how i understood it. I may be wrong, they could be calling waitlisted students by now. Of course not everybody is on sdn so we won't know unless we ask Temple. Who knows? We just have to be patient.

So i was just wondering if anyone put in the deposit for triangle apartments yet and if not, where is everyone planning on staying???... i am an out of state student, starting in fall and i have no idea where to live. I did some research and all the reviews i read adviced against living on campus. Are the apartments and area around really that bad?

P.S. anyone looking for a roommate for next year, please let me know.
Thanks

Hello .. i'm an out of state student too. I requested the applications for on-campus housing but I havent received anything yet. I'm also looking for a roommate. hopefully we'll have an idea of where to live next year soon : )
where are you from? CONGRATULATIONS by the way !!! see you next year!

I called them last week and they told me that last week was the final week for interview and they will let we know the results for alternate admission in a few weeks. That was what they told me. I can't plan anything for next year either and I don't know what to do if they don't accept me :(

justifythegame, I guess you will have to take those classes. Calc I is not hard at all. Calc II is bit hard, but the hardest part is to memorize those sequences and series. But if you could get through organic II, that is easy in comparison! As far as the humanities classes, just choose the easiest ones that fulfill temple's requirements with the easiest professors.

You have a golden opportunity and a big load in the summer is definitely worth it! Just be wise in choosing your professors. Find out which ones grade easier or at least do not fail people. I once had a very hard numerical analysis teacher, but in the end, he did not want to fail people. He only gave out 2 A's, and 3 A-'s out of about 35 people (I was one of the 2 A's fortunately). BUT only 2 people got D and no F's. So the majority of the class got C's! So I recommend since you need only C's, pick the teacher that passes most of the class for Calc I and II and very easy liberal arts classes.

You will only see small sections of Calc I in pharmacy school. Without Calc I, how were you able to take the quantitative part of the PCAT? Now I see why you may be scored 55 on PCAT. You could have done VERY badly on the quantitative section without having Calc I.

But you are accepted to a very, very good pharmacy school because you sold your entire applciation very well! Congratulations!!

This is proof that you do not necessarily need 3.9 GPA and 90 PCAT to get accepted to a good pharmacy school.
Thanks, that was a good post, i wish i read it earlier.

i haven't been around these forums in a while. but i applied to some other schools and got some rejects and accepts. up until now i was pretty sure i would be at temple in the fall but i recently got accepted to Howard U's school of pharmacy. this changes things because i am currently in undergrad at howard. I like both schools, but Howard is tempting because i live right next to it and i can commute everyday there, meaning i wont have to move to philly. another reason is i won't have to take 16 credit's of pre reqs this summer if i go to howard....just some wierd 4 week summer prep program at howard in august....IF i choose howard.

But i'm still not sure. I really liked Temple when i visited, the school and the people there. And i've been in MD all my life maybe philly would be a nice change...i dunno. There are just so many pros n cons for both places which leaves me completely confused. If any of you have any advice at all that can help me decide, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, that was a good post, i wish i read it earlier.

i haven't been around these forums in a while. but i applied to some other schools and got some rejects and accepts. up until now i was pretty sure i would be at temple in the fall but i recently got accepted to Howard U's school of pharmacy. this changes things because i am currently in undergrad at howard. I like both schools, but Howard is tempting because i live right next to it and i can commute everyday there, meaning i wont have to move to philly. another reason is i won't have to take 16 credit's of pre reqs this summer if i go to howard....just some wierd 4 week summer prep program at howard in august....IF i choose howard.

But i'm still not sure. I really liked Temple when i visited, the school and the people there. And i've been in MD all my life maybe philly would be a nice change...i dunno. There are just so many pros n cons for both places which leaves me completely confused. If any of you have any advice at all that can help me decide, it would be greatly appreciated.

I can give a couple reasons why staying local/home is better than moving away for school. First and foremost, I'm not going to lie. If you don't choose Temple, than my slim chance of getting in is increased.

If you think about it, you and everyone else are going to owe so much money upon graduation. Living at home will probably reduce that amount by 1/3. You have to consider the living expense aside from tuition. You mentioned you are from MD, so you have to pay more out of pocket. You will get a PharmD and get a good job either way. I assume you're the average student like most are, unless you are rich and can care less about how much money it takes.

If I knew I wanted to do Pharmacy after I graduated college, I would have stayed at home and went to CC. I wouldn't be stressed out about owing so much money.

Justifythegame, I agree with you about Temple having nice people and atmosphere. At least inside the building, outside is North Philly. :laugh: I think you should go to Temple if it doesn't inconvenience you too much. But I read that you have to go to summer school if you decide Temple, and you live close to Howard. Then just stay at Howard. That's my opinion. Weigh your options.

Ericn2k3, I disagree with you about staying close to home to save money. Yes you should save money whenever you can but the learning experience and the sense of independence away from home is priceless. I'm from Cali, and decided to go to Miami for college and now Temple in Philly for professional school. Three corners of the country. I would never regret owing about $50,000 for such an experience. I think all college kids should move out of their parents' house at least, if not miles away.

Justifythegame, I agree with you about Temple having nice people and atmosphere. At least inside the building, outside is North Philly. :laugh: I think you should go to Temple if it doesn't inconvenience you too much. But I read that you have to go to summer school if you decide Temple, and you live close to Howard. Then just stay at Howard. That's my opinion. Weigh your options.

Ericn2k3, I disagree with you about staying close to home to save money. Yes you should save money whenever you can but the learning experience and the sense of independence away from home is priceless. I'm from Cali, and decided to go to Miami for college and now Temple in Philly for professional school. Three corners of the country. I would never regret owing about $50,000 for such an experience. I think all college kids should move out of their parents' house at least, if not miles away.

thanks for your responses. as far as money is concerned i think temple is about 5k more than howard. my parents r movin back to their homeland, so they are selling the house and buying another house (like a condo or really small house) to store their things and keep a house in the us somewhere so they can always come back. and basically i would end up staying in that house rather than paying for a dorm. where they buy their house all depends on where i go.

money is a concern but i think in the long run 5k more or less a semester won't be a big deal considering its the expereince and education to become a pharmd.

im leaning toward howard because: 1) i wont have to take 16 credits worth of pre reqs in the summer 2) i can stay in my home town where my friends and relatives are.

but i dunno if thats good enough a reason to not go to temple since i liked it so much and the fact that i consider myself lucky to get in with only a 55% pcat...lol.

Just let you guys know... I just got rejected after an interview, no waitlist or anything just plain out rejected...:(

I am still wondering, should I email back concerning the reasons behind the rejection or not? Just wondering? I should or not. If so how should phrase the question...

*sigh*

Good luck to everyone here and I hope you guys get accepted! :)

thanks for your responses. as far as money is concerned i think temple is about 5k more than howard. my parents r movin back to their homeland, so they are selling the house and buying another house (like a condo or really small house) to store their things and keep a house in the us somewhere so they can always come back. and basically i would end up staying in that house rather than paying for a dorm. where they buy their house all depends on where i go.

money is a concern but i think in the long run 5k more or less a semester won't be a big deal considering its the expereince and education to become a pharmd.

im leaning toward howard because: 1) i wont have to take 16 credits worth of pre reqs in the summer 2) i can stay in my home town where my friends and relatives are.

but i dunno if thats good enough a reason to not go to temple since i liked it so much and the fact that i consider myself lucky to get in with only a 55% pcat...lol.

Take advantage of your summer before going to Pharm School. I think you will not have time to enjoy for the next 4 years dude!

Any "Alternate Admission" applicant received any updates from Temple? Thanks.

Just let you guys know... I just got rejected after an interview, no waitlist or anything just plain out rejected...:(

I am still wondering, should I email back concerning the reasons behind the rejection or not? Just wondering? I should or not. If so how should phrase the question...

*sigh*

Good luck to everyone here and I hope you guys get accepted! :)
sorry to hear that. sometimes you can tell why you got rejected or you will already you might get rejected depending on how the interview went. when they invited you for the interview they must've liked you application. if you didn't get it maybe it could be something wrong with the interview, so think about your answers. since you're asking im guessing the interview went well in your opinion, but anyway i don't see the harm in calling the office or email ms joan hankins massaquoi about it...

I called yesterday or two days ago and the waitlist hadn't been ranked yet. at least, that's what i was told. Wonder if it means there arent' any seats yet or they're just waiting to hear back from all those who got accepted. i have no idea. I would like to know my position on the list so i'll know what to do in the summer.

i was put on the alt list 3/11 and havent heard anything yet...

How did everyone recieve their interview invites? i received this e-mail yesterday:

Please be advised that your application has been withdrawn from consideration for Fall, 2008 because you did not respond to your interview invitation letter.

I never received an invite, wish I did, so if anyone is waiting to here from them, call before you get this email. hopefully they can rectify my situation. Wish me luck.:mad:

You would have received it via email. Good luck to you.

How did everyone recieve their interview invites? i received this e-mail yesterday:

Please be advised that your application has been withdrawn from consideration for Fall, 2008 because you did not respond to your interview invitation letter.

I never received an invite, wish I did, so if anyone is waiting to here from them, call before you get this email. hopefully they can rectify my situation. Wish me luck.:mad:

I wish you the bets of luck Sharpy715!

does anybody have any idea how long the waitlist is? It still hasn't been ranked

does anybody have any idea how long the waitlist is? It still hasn't been ranked

Waitlist is just a backup plan for students who are accepted but they go to other schools. Therefore, we should wait until the first day when the school starts. Damm waitlist...

Do you have any idea how many people are on the list? It's very frustrating but i guess if we have to apply for next year, there's nothing else we can do. Will apply very early for next year. Will have all prerequisites done. I should get in with my PCAT score if i apply early.

I found out there are approximately 85 people on the waitlist...to date! That's one long waitlist. Anyway, i think i'm just gonna concentrate on next year. I didn't realise the list would be this long. Good luck to all those waiting.