Temple School Of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those of you already accepted/with deposit sent in:

Have you received anything from the school since sending in your papers and money? Like... have you been given a school e-mail address, or receipt for your deposit, etc (anything?). I haven't and I'm getting worried that maybe I missed something or was overlooked for some reason...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Have you received anything from the school since sending in your papers and money? Like... have you been given a school e-mail address, or receipt for your deposit, etc (anything?). I haven't and I'm getting worried that maybe I missed something or was overlooked for some reason...

Thanks!

Hey, I already got my TUiD # and my email address account so I can access TuMail. I'm not sure if they actually send out that info. I got my TUiD when I went to the office to submit the deposit and papers. And then a mail came in with the access account for access of the TUMAIL. You could call them and ask for it.

Thanks!

Hey,
I sent in my deposit in February and I did not get my TUmail ID until a month later.. so just wait a little longer i guess. Also you wont recieve a receipt for your deposit because they wont cash that until the semester starts. I am surprised that I havent recieved any info on orientation details and stuff yet.. maybe its coming tho
See u in fall!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
heyy guys. im currently a PY1 at temple. to those of you on the waiting list, seriously wait it out. about half of my class (about 150 some odd kids) got in off the waiting list. i know people who got calls as late as the end of august, about a week before school started.

oh and BTW, when they send out info on orientation, make sure you go to orientation (its usually mid august). if you dont go, you get kicked out automatically.

see you guys in the fall. :)
temple is awesome! i love it.

heyy guys. im currently a PY1 at temple. to those of you on the waiting list, seriously wait it out. about half of my class (about 150 some odd kids) got in off the waiting list. i know people who got calls as late as the end of august, about a week before school started.

oh and BTW, when they send out info on orientation, make sure you go to orientation (its usually mid august). if you dont go, you get kicked out automatically.

see you guys in the fall. :)
temple is awesome! i love it.

Jennyde,

When I read your post, I was ecstatic but then it seem too good to be true in retrospect. I'm on the wait list as you can tell. I hope this is the case also with c/o'12. BTW, did you get that information from Temple themselves or did you find it out through talking to other students? Just curious. Crossing my fingers!

PS. Drimzcomtru: Did they rank the list or is there even a rank as far as you know? Thanks

Or Are they waiting for Spring grade before raking the list? That's why it hasn't been rank..

Hey Eric, you've been missing for a while. I was just told that the list hadn't been ranked but there are approximately 85 people on the waitlist to date. I don't wanna go through another disappointment so i'm just gonna stop thinking aabout it. If they call me, great! If not, i've set my mind to reapplying. If there are usually 15 seats for waiters and there are about 85 people waiting,....

Hey,
I sent in my deposit in February and I did not get my TUmail ID until a month later.. so just wait a little longer i guess. Also you wont recieve a receipt for your deposit because they wont cash that until the semester starts. I am surprised that I havent recieved any info on orientation details and stuff yet.. maybe its coming tho
See u in fall!!!

Hey...are you sure they dont cash the check till semester starts???? Coz they definitely cashed mine.....

Hey,
I called Temple soon after sending in my deposit and I was told that they dont cash it right away because many students change their minds last minute if they get into other schools. They might have started cashing now, I dont know for sure.

I haven't received notification of accept/reject/waitlist since I interviewed back in late March. Where does that put me? How long do I have to wait? Can anyone help? Ugh!!! :oops:

Hey Eric, you've been missing for a while. I was just told that the list hadn't been ranked but there are approximately 85 people on the waitlist to date. I don't wanna go through another disappointment so i'm just gonna stop thinking aabout it. If they call me, great! If not, i've set my mind to reapplying. If there are usually 15 seats for waiters and there are about 85 people waiting,....

I haven't post lately, but I check this thread once in the morning before work, once at lunch, and once before bed. You can say I'm obsessed but I would like to get updates. As of now, the waiting game is excruciating. I'm out of a place to live come June. I need to look for 1BR as my roommates wants to move out to the city (Philly). If I WERE to get in, that's a long drive every day.

I have since in the works to plan my attack for next year!

Hi everyone,

I havn't really been that active in the forum. But I really want to get connected to those who are going to Temple. Since it's almost the end of the game, I very positive that Temple will be the school I will be attending for now. I'm from California and I'm not familiar with Philiy at all. I'm wondering if i should buy a car before getting there.

It seems like I will be missing all the funs in Temple, as I decide to attend MCP worcester. I will call Temple tomorrow to decline the offer, so a seat will be open up soon for people on the wait list. Good luck guys, wish me luck at MCP!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything from Temple yet? My interview was 3/26 and I still haven't heard anything from them. I have been calling every week to check up and I was told that no decision has been made. This sounds awful!

It seems like I will be missing all the funs in Temple, as I decide to attend MCP worcester. Good luck guys, wish me luck at MCP!

I am just curious... What're your rational(s) for choosing MCP-worcester over Temple.
Is it because of 3-year accelerated pathway and cheaper tution?

Good luck at MCP :)

what is included in the acceptance packet?

i got an email of acceptance today!

Edit: I didn't realize internPharmD asked the same question. I must have not refreshed my browser. Any case, I would like to know also. Thanks and congratulation!

Lucky bastard! Congrats! I hope that I get mine too since we interviewed on the same week. Guess there is still hope since I didn't hear anything when we interviewed, yet other people got waitlisted or rejected the week immediately afterwards. I guess that no news is good news, at least for the time being... hahahah

i got an email of acceptance today!

Hello KrescentRX!! I'm glad to know that I will have another classmate from California !!! I'm from Cali too : ) I'm not planning to have a car there thou, I heard the driving/traffic/parking was horrible in Philly, so I think I'll just take the bus and subway. Are you planning to live on-campus or off-campus?

Congratulations ooscubaoo !!! In the acceptance packet you will receive a stack of papers of information on your admission and you will be asked to fill out a couple of forms and return to the admissions office.

my question has to do with the health forms. do they ask us to have a physical and get our blood drawn and sent to labS?

its just that i don't have health insurance and i know that getting blood lab work can be pretty expensive. anyone who has filled out the packet, could u let me know what is required? i know $500 check, anything else?

I called yesterday and was told that there are 4 spots left. Yet, there are still 7 applicants that they have to review. And I'm 1 of the 7. :(

I wonder if the spots left include those given up by those who were accepted and went elsewhere or if those seats are being kept for waitlisted students. Goodluck to those who haven't heard back after the interview.

I think the spots include those given up. I don't think people on waitlist will hear anything until late June or july :(

Is anyone who had an interview on 3/26 and have been accepted/rejected/waitlisted yet? I'm just curious.

I'm heading to temple this fall! I know this has probably been asked before, but where are people living? The whole big city thing is a little new to me...I know you can take a train in but there isn't really a stop right near where we have to go is there? Thanks!

I'm heading to temple this fall! I know this has probably been asked before, but where are people living? The whole big city thing is a little new to me...I know you can take a train in but there isn't really a stop right near where we have to go is there? Thanks!

Yes there is. There's a subway stop right at the pharmacy school. Search Craigslist for places to live. If you have a car live in Manayunk or around that area. If you don't, live in Center City and take the subway. Cheap rents mean the location is not desirable. Aim for $600 or more per person. Live at least 3 miles away from school, because the area around the school is not at all safe. Find a roommate. And don't stress out too much.

BTW, congrats to all those who recently said they are going to Temple.

Also, avoid Camden, NJ on the other side of the Delaware river (across from downtown) at any cost.

That is even worse than North Philadelphia.

I just found out at 11:22 this morning that I got in! Yayyy. I'm so excited! But I'm still waiting for a response from Touro. *dancing around*

has anyone that is on the waitlist heard anything at all about when they will let us know or how many ppl approx might get off it and accepted?

or if there is anyone that has been through this process at temple...what are our chances...realistically of getting in if our interview was in december

I asked a friend. She says, "Didn't your letter say the amount of people drop out before school starts?" That's how many. Unless you got a different type of waitlist letter that didn't give you how many drop out.

has anyone that is on the waitlist heard anything at all about when they will let us know or how many ppl approx might get off it and accepted?

or if there is anyone that has been through this process at temple...what are our chances...realistically of getting in if our interview was in december

oh okay cool...yeah mine did give an estimate number of how many could drop out before september

thanks!

Does anyone know where I could research for opening intership positions? Are P1 studnets allow to intern?

Anyone with update from Temple? June is approaching, time to start working on the new cycle.

just called and took my name out of alternate list...

Has anyone registered for class yet?

Has anyone found an apartment yet? I am looking but cannot find anything below $600.

has anyone heard anything bout the waitlisters yett???

getting kinda anxious

Would it be a good idea to apply now for 2009? The waitlist has still not been ranked. What if we don't find out till the end of July or even August? We all know how important it is to apply early.

Anyone hear anything from the wait list or know anything about available spots?

All i know is that the list has still not been ranked. Don't know if there are spots available. We're in the middle of june and there's been no ranking to date. kThing is don't know if it would be a good idea to apply for 09 now. Wonder if they'll take me off the list if i do. It's very frustrating that we still can't even guess if we're gonna get in or not because the list has still not been ranked and we don't even know if it would be a good idea to reapply now.

Hello. Last month. I haven't been on the boards for a while. You should get the customary email, which is practically everything now a days. What's your stats? It'll give a good indication if you get off of the waitlist... Good luck to you! :)

How and when did you find out?

Hello. Last month. I haven't been on the boards for a while. You should get the customary email, which is practically everything now a days. What's your stats? It'll give a good indication if you get off of the waitlist... Good luck to you! :)

Did you get in off the waitlist or is it regular admission?

I hate you! - Did they call or email you to notify? Did they mention how many seats left? (if any) or how many seats have been offered to Alternates. Thanks

drimzcomtru and erik, I am just curious if you would share your stats? Thanks

drimzcomtru and erik, I am just curious if you would share your stats? Thanks

My GPA is approximately 3.5, maybe 3.4 and my PCAT is 91 composite. Didn't do too well on all the sections though 67 in math but made a 99 in chemistry.