Temple, Tufts, Creighton and MUSC.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimnewcom

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an interview for NYU in October and another interview for OSU is coming up on December 6th.

But, i havent heard from Tufts, Temple, Creighton or MUSC so far.

Should I assume that I'll not get invited for interview at this point?

and if I do, since they will be probably after December 1st, does that mean I will have lower chance to get an admission than those who got invited prior to Dec. 1st?

my stat
GPA:3.4
AA:20 - Chem:23 Bio:20 Org:19 Math:21 Reading:18
PAT:23
Ohio Resident. OSU student. Bio/Mol Gen major.

Members don't see this ad.

You may get interviews, but since they are post December 1st, I would guess your chances are much lower. Good luck; I hope you get some good news soon!!

NYU and OSU (for in-staters) have some of the highest Interview-to-Accepted ratios of any schools, meaning that the chance that you'll be accepted to one or both of those schools is extremely high, therefore you really don't need to worry about anything.

About those other schools though, I know that Tufts is still extending interviews in January and February, and they've probably interviewed less than half of the total interviewees so far. And you have near zero chance of getting into MUSC as an out-of-state applicant (I have friends who have high stats and are URMs from neighboring North Carolina and were shown no love from MUSC). I'm not sure about Temple or Creighton, though with OSU and NYU interviews you really have absolutely no reason to worry about that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your numbers are good enough for an interview at MUSC but their website says, strong preference for in-staters and some out of staters with supperior credentials.. They accept like 5 out of 55 for the class out-of-state.

your #'s are good for tufts. but just keep in mind that they had 4,344 applicants to sift thru last year. they also tend to interview late into the cycle (jan-feb) as opposed to other schools. there haven't been TOO many interview sessions so far at tufts, so you still got time.