Program-Specific Info / Q's Temple University MOT Summer 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MamabearOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to start thread to share stats, offer support, and to ask questions about Temple's application process.

Has anyone applied to Temple for the Summer 2018 cohort? Has anyone been accepted or waitlisted? What has your experience been?

If you are a current or former student, what are/were the pros and cons of the program? Were you offered any scholarships? Did you find any outside scholarships, and if so, where?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my application in July! Received my acceptance the beginning of January!
I'm also curious about scholarships, I've been looking around and haven't found anything substantial. How have other's paid for school besides loans?

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my application in July! Received my acceptance the beginning of January!
I'm also curious about scholarships, I've been looking around and haven't found anything substantial. How have other's paid for school besides loans?
Congrats on your acceptance! Did Temple offer you any scholarships?

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted in late January, but I think I will be declining. They do not have a cadaver lab, which weighed into my decision. They also have a pretty pricey tuition even for in state applicants.

I have heard that they just got a brand new facility, which I'm sure is really nice (I have not seen it)! They also just updated their curriculum in 2016 and I have heard positive things! The program director was also extremely kind and knowledgeable. They seem to have a community emphasis on their curriculum. It was not an easy decision for me because there are pros and cons to every program. I ended up choosing a program that felt like a better fit for me personally, but Temple has an excellent reputation!

I was accepted in late January, but I think I will be declining. They do not have a cadaver lab, which weighed into my decision. They also have a pretty pricey tuition even for in state applicants.

I have heard that they just got a brand new facility, which I'm sure is really nice (I have not seen it)! They also just updated their curriculum in 2016 and I have heard positive things! The program director was also extremely kind and knowledgeable. They seem to have a community emphasis on their curriculum. It was not an easy decision for me because there are pros and cons to every program. I ended up choosing a program that felt like a better fit for me personally, but Temple has an excellent reputation!
Thanks for sharing. I did not know they do not have a cadaver lab. Cost is definitely a concern for me as well. What school did you decide on? Congrats on finding your perfect fit!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I did not know they do not have a cadaver lab. Cost is definitely a concern for me as well. What school did you decide on? Congrats on finding your perfect fit!

I'll be attending Chatham!

Did you have a phone interview before acceptance?

Did any else heard anything??

Has anyone heard of anything from Temple? I check my online portal everyday but it still says "Complete and Ready to Review."

Has anyone heard of anything from Temple? I check my online portal everyday but it still says "Complete and Ready to Review."
Mine tooo.... just a waiting game now I guess

I applied mid-november and I have been waitlisted since mid January.

I have been waitlisted. They sent me my waitlist rank over the weekend. Has anyone else heard any news?

I have been waitlisted. They sent me my waitlist rank over the weekend. Have you heard any news?

I have been waitlisted. They sent me my waitlist rank over the weekend. Have you heard any news?
I actually got waitlisted too! They emailed me last Monday, but I never got an email from them saying where I was ranked on the waitlist. Did the email say how many other people were on the waitlist?

I got accepted about two weeks ago, the morning after my afternoon interview. I'm so excited!! Best of luck to you all :)

I actually got waitlisted too! They emailed me last Monday, but I never got an email from them saying where I was ranked on the waitlist. Did the email say how many other people were on the waitlist?
They did not mention... I am worried since the semester starts in 2 months. I asked if they would admit waitlist students up until the day before the semester stars (other schools have told me that), but they told me they don't know at the moment... Based on the responses I've received, it seems like a lot of things are up in the air for them.

I actually got waitlisted too! They emailed me last Monday, but I never got an email from them saying where I was ranked on the waitlist. Did the email say how many other people were on the waitlist?[/QUOTE
I got accepted about two weeks ago, the morning after my afternoon interview. I'm so excited!! Best of luck to you all :)

Congratulations!!! :) I hope to hear from them soon..