Temple Waitlist '06

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wizeguy said:
and lubb, of course, best of luck to you!!!

best of luck to all!

Thanks!! Sux about the status page, I mean they really shouldn't mess with it like that unless they are going do a proper update. I just checked my status page and it still hasn't changed since I scheduled my interview - it just has the interview info on it.

On another note, I can't believe Rup, with scores like that and PA residency,l was WL at temple. Must be indicative of the type of ppl that are at the Top of temple WL...sux for me I guess.

Don't lose hope guys - GO WAITLISTS!!

Members don't see this ad.

i'm a reapplicant too.. this is driving me nuts...

m0nkeymanxx said:
i'm on four waitlist and i've already lost hope. I'm batting perfect for waitlists. four interview four waitlists..

Monkeymanxx,

I feel your pain. Last year I was 6 interviews for 6 WL and this year 4 for 3WL - I swear I feel like hanging myself. I'll be 26 in 2 weeks, but I'm going to reapply and do whatever it takes to get in, and I will NOT give up even if it means going through ten applications cycles :eek:

Let's keep our chins up and keep on marching forward.

Members don't see this ad :)
man. first time around i had a bad mcat score so i got no interviews. This time i applied really late got 4 interviews.
ahh.. does that mean i'm going to get even less interviews next time around if i don't get in this year. THAT SUCKS!!!!!!

I just got off the Temple waitlist!!!!!!

Guess what? I am not going!!! I am going to NYMC (or USC if I luck out), so I am handing over a spot to one of you lucky people. :luck:

Hey guys...I just got off the temple waitlist...there's definitely movement! I interviewed in April and got waitlisted 2 weeks later. Today I received an email for acceptance...good luck guys!

congrats rup and gainor!

congrats gainor~!! i posted on the waitlist thread...u seem pscyhed - so im guessing you're going there? again, that's awesome man!!! i envy your position!! :)

congrats to everyone that got in. I too envy you..

if you guys don't mind me asking, for those of you who got in off the WL what were your stats

m0nkeymanxx said:
congrats to everyone that got in. I too envy you..

if you guys don't mind me asking, for those of you who got in off the WL what were your stats
I had a pretty good gpa (3.89) my MCAT was 29 (8VR, 10PS, 11BS) I think I had good LOR's and I really didnt have much clinical experience other than shadowing 2 surgeries. Hope that helps

Hey guys...I just received an acceptance letter from drexel today so I will likely be declining my Temple acceptance on Monday...Hope one of you fills my spot!

gainor848 said:
Hey guys...I just received an acceptance letter from drexel today so I will likely be declining my Temple acceptance on Monday...Hope one of you fills my spot!

congrats on drexel gainor! your stats are eerily similar to mine, exact same mcat, but slightly lower gpa, so im keeping some type of hope. just curious, are you from PA?

and to all the re-applicants, keep in there! i honor your perseverance and determination, two traits which will make you great med students and even better doctors. good luck!

good to hear someone with a 29 getting accepted....gives me some hope

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, i'm one of you continuing candidates so i thought i'd join ya. congrats to all you who just got in and good luck to the rest! i'm staying as hopeful as i can on two waitlists with no acceptances.

I just accepted my offer from Temple...good luck to you guys on the waiting list. I think there will be quite a bit of movement over the next few weeks. They only gave us 7 days to accept or reject the offer off of the waiting lists and I'm sure there will be many people who do not accept their offer so there will be more spots offered soon..

see you some of you in August

m0nkeymanxx said:
ahh.. this is torture...

ahh you're right, this IS torture. anyone know when the next round of acceptances is going to come?

uptempo said:
ahh you're right, this IS torture. anyone know when the next round of acceptances is going to come?

hopefully realllllly soon

peace84 said:
hopefully realllllly soon

I'm losing faith...and fast.....

I mean I have a solid MCAT (32), but I know my GPA is going to kill me - and while I have good recs, ecs, I know my gpa will hurt bad...and i just feel like the people they're going to take off/have taken off have really solid gpas before they have really solid mcats....i dunno...i just want this so bad and i feel like i need to brace myself for anothe\r year of dissapointment.

that of course isn't to say one deserves it more than the other (solid mcat vs. gpa), or that some of the people in have solid both!! - im just saying - i feel like im at a disadvantage - that if I could choose between the two, i'd be in better shape with a solid gpa vs. solid mcat.

I'm not sure what you have done so far, but you might want to try to take a more proactive approach. Write letters to the school, contact your interviewer if it went well, etc. If placed on the waitlist, then they feel that you have what it takes to get in. My advice would be to make sure they know that you really want to go there.

paco4488 said:
I'm not sure what you have done so far, but you might want to try to take a more proactive approach. Write letters to the school, contact your interviewer if it went well, etc. If placed on the waitlist, then they feel that you have what it takes to get in. My advice would be to make sure they know that you really want to go there.

Yea and, while I'm not in a great position to offer advice, having not applied yet, I'd also A. contact the schools you've been rejected at asking what you can do to improve your application (other than increase your GPA, which you know) and B. I'd start filling out the AMCAS just so you can have it and submit it June 1st if absolutely necessary. That way, you're ahead of the game next year if you (as bad as I know that would suck since I'm somewhat anticipating the same fate) have to reapply. Hoping you'll hear back from Temple soon!

wizeguy said:
that of course isn't to say one deserves it more than the other (solid mcat vs. gpa), or that some of the people in have solid both!! - im just saying - i feel like im at a disadvantage - that if I could choose between the two, i'd be in better shape with a solid gpa vs. solid mcat.

that's funny...i feel like i'm at a disadvantage b/c of my mcat although my gpa is decent.....guess the grass is always greener. anyway don't give up yet...i'm trying to stay optimistic until at least mid-june.

uptempo said:
congrats on drexel gainor! your stats are eerily similar to mine, exact same mcat, but slightly lower gpa, so im keeping some type of hope. just curious, are you from PA?

and to all the re-applicants, keep in there! i honor your perseverance and determination, two traits which will make you great med students and even better doctors. good luck!
yes I am from PA

Anybody hear anything today? God knows I didn't :(

nope. nothing yet.

wizeguy said:
Anybody hear anything today? God knows I didn't :(

nothing here either.. im guessing we'll hear something next monday because those who were offered acceptances were given until fri to decide. this, however, brings me to another question: do you guys think there are acceptances left to give besides the ones turned down by the accepted? say everyone who was offered a waitlist acceptance last friday accepted their spot, would that leave no more spaces for the waitlisted? there's probably no real way to answer that, but im bored at work and going crazy waiting..

uptempo said:
nothing here either.. im guessing we'll hear something next monday because those who were offered acceptances were given until fri to decide. this, however, brings me to another question: do you guys think there are acceptances left to give besides the ones turned down by the accepted? say everyone who was offered a waitlist acceptance last friday accepted their spot, would that leave no more spaces for the waitlisted? there's probably no real way to answer that, but im bored at work and going crazy waiting..

hmm...i was wondering the same thing. i thought they would probably have offered enough acceptances to fill all of the available spots...but who knows

Is the continuing canidates list more like a pool or is it a list?

when i called i was told it was a pool and there was no list. however i have also heard that the waitlist has 3 tiers. so who knows whats really true.

happybluemoon said:
Is the continuing canidates list more like a pool or is it a list?

What's the difference? Would a pool be more random in who they choose? I'd imagine that a pool also has some type of ranking or list?

ooh.. i really hope its not a pool.. i'm the most unlucky person in the world.

who else here is refilling out their amcas.... i hate this damn thing

uptempo said:
What's the difference? Would a pool be more random in who they choose? I'd imagine that a pool also has some type of ranking or list?

i think a pool is unranked....they made it sound like they don't know who is coming off until the time a spot opens up and then they pick someone

m0nkeymanxx said:
who else here is refilling out their amcas.... i hate this damn thing

i'm amcassing it up as well :thumbdown: ...i feel your pain. i know my gpa's not great, but with 13 schools and a 33 mcat, i was pretty confident i wouldn't have to fill it out again. even if an offer comes through, which i am hoping it will, i probably will still have dropped $700 and a lot of effort on reamcassification...

Mantis05753 said:
Doesn't filling out AMCAS 2007 automatically kick you off any waitlists you are on?

are you serious? can anyone else confirm this? i actually talked to a guy at aamc/amcas about reapplying and told him i was on two waitlists, and he didn't say anything about getting kicked off, though i didn't specifically ask that.

NO, filling our AMCAS 2007 will not kick you off any waitlists.

I was waiting listed last year till sept at Pennstate until I finally recieved my rejection. I def. did not wait till then to submit my Amcas 2006

You just have to withdraw from all the schools you apply to if you do get off the waiting list this year

Edit:
So fill out your amcas as soon as you can.....
Good luck getting off the waiting list guys

rup47 said:
NO, filling our AMCAS 2007 will not kick you off any waitlists.

I was waiting listed last year till sept at Pennstate until I finally recieved my rejection. I def. did not wait till then to submit my Amcas 2006

You just have to withdraw from all the schools you apply to if you do get off the waiting list this year

Edit:
So fill out your amcas as soon as you can.....
Good luck getting off the waiting list guys

thanks rup47, i'm on it.

Does anyone know where to find info on the deferral process for Temple?

I haven't found anything on the site or in my interview folder....

Call the admissions office and ask to speak to one of the adcom members/a director..... i'm sure they can help you

anyone hear anything new or have we all lost hope?

m0nkeymanxx said:
anyone hear anything new or have we all lost hope?

Nothing over here yet :thumbdown:

nothing here. i have a feeling they might send out acceptances tomorrow.

peace84 said:
nothing here. i have a feeling they might send out acceptances tomorrow.

i hope so. is it just a feeling, or have you heard something?

lemur said:
i hope so. is it just a feeling, or have you heard something?

just a feeling. it seems like they haven't accepted anyone since the 19th...and those people had until this past friday to make a decision...and since its been a few days since then they should be sending out more acceptances...but who knows

hmmmm....so i guess i was wrong

temple.. where are you?? anyone hear anything new?