Temple Waitlist '06

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
no....and i'm really starting to lose patience....i check my email as soon as i get up everyday and do a quick scan of my inbox for anything that says temple...and everyday i'm disappointed

Members don't see this ad.

peace84 said:
no....and i'm really starting to lose patience....i check my email as soon as i get up everyday and do a quick scan of my inbox for anything that says temple...and everyday i'm disappointed

has anyone called the admissions office lately to inquire about waitlist movement??

peace84 said:

I have an email account solely for med school purposes, and I've set the options to forward all new mail to my cell phone as a text message :)

Members don't see this ad :)
LUBDUBB said:
I have an email account solely for med school purposes, and I've set the options to forward all new mail to my cell phone as a text message :)

lol thats a good idea....keeps you from being crazy and checking it 10 times a day like me

mad_scientist said:
has anyone called the admissions office lately to inquire about waitlist movement??

i'm starting to worry they've stopped taking people from the waitlist...and i'm afraid to call to find out what's going on

peace84 said:
i'm starting to worry they've stopped taking people from the waitlist...and i'm afraid to call to find out what's going on

My son called yesterday evening and found out no new status. if that helps.

anyone hear anything today?

I'm not waitlisted at Temple myself, but I wanted to share that a friend of mine was called off the waitlist last week. Good luck everyone!

nothing here...beginning to wonder....:(

I thought people said Temple has a good deal of waitlist movement each year...well if they do, then almost none of those people are on sdn!!

wizeguy said:
nothing here...beginning to wonder....:(

I thought people said Temple has a good deal of waitlist movement each year...well if they do, then almost none of those people are on sdn!!

yea i was thinking the same thing...it seems that there's not much movement this year at all...i searched threads from last year and alot of people were accepted in may and june

Check your emails! I just got accepted! Hoorrayyyy...anyone else???

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accept! To give you guys some hope, I got a 26 on my mCAT with a 3.3 pga

I guess it is a special day. Look at the day '06/06/06'.

Hope more of you make it and I hope my son makes it too.

happybluemoon said:
I got accept! To give you guys some hope, I got a 26 on my mCAT with a 3.3 pga

congrats..

i must be doing something wrong.. a 31 and 3.5 do nothing for me

I got in too! Congrats everyone!

i got in today too! 30 MCAT 3.6 GPA. good luck to everyone!!

Great - everyone got in today but me :(

Congrats to you guys though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so is everyone who got in today def. going there? just wondering...

wizeguy said:

i'm definitely going.....good luck wizeguy i'm really hoping you get in

wizeguy said:
Great - everyone got in today but me :(

Congrats to you guys though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, dont worry wizeguy, you're not alone..

congrats to everyone on getting in, hopefully we can join you soon!

peace84 said:
I got in too! Congrats everyone!

Congrats to all who got in, seems like we had some serious movement here, can you guys share if you were instate or out.

PS: Peace84 the wait is finally over !!

LUBDUBB said:
Congrats to all who got in, seems like we had some serious movement here, can you guys share if you were instate or out.

PS: Peace84 the wait is finally over !!

yea it's definitely a good feeling. i'm instate and also sent a letter of intent.

My son only wants to go to temple. He has an MCAT of 29 and cum gpa (BME) - 3.4 and amcas 3.8

He is not instate. They have not changed his status.

Should we consider it is over or there is still that bleak chance.

Congrats to all those that made it!

Congratulations to everyone who just got in

See you guys on August 7.

Goodluck wizeguy and everyone else on the waiting list

wizeguy said:

I'm definitely choosing Temple over SLU...however I think I am going to remain on the Jefferson waitlist for at least another week or two b/c they said their WL movement will begin mid-june. IF i get in within that time frame I'll prob go to JMC. However, now that it's over a year since I started this process, I just want to know where I am going and will not wait forever for JMC because I am quite happy with Temple! BTW i am out-of-state.

curiousmom said:
My son only wants to go to temple. He has an MCAT of 29 and cum gpa (BME) - 3.4 and amcas 3.8

He is not instate. They have not changed his status.

Should we consider it is over or there is still that bleak chance.

Congrats to all those that made it!

I think he still has a shot...the waitlist will continue to move throughout the summer. I'd suggest maybe sending an update letter or letter of intent or calling to express interest. Good luck.

peace84 said:
I think he still has a shot...the waitlist will continue to move throughout the summer. I'd suggest maybe sending an update letter or letter of intent or calling to express interest. Good luck.

Thanks. He did all the things you mentioned. He has been calling once a week to check status. He is even wondering if he should not.

thanks though.

it seems to be that the first round of waitlist-acceptances were PA residents and this recent round are out-of-staters.. just an observation..

congrats to everyone btw and good luck to everyone waiting like me!

uptempo said:
it seems to be that the first round of waitlist-acceptances were PA residents and this recent round are out-of-staters.. just an observation..

congrats to everyone btw and good luck to everyone waiting like me!

i'm a pa resident and was accepted this round

peace84 said:

My son is on Temple waitlist. And I know the movement goes on till first day of school.

However, his plan B is - Mount Sinai (PREP-MED) Masters in Biological sciences. He has gotten acceptance and he has 3 weeks to decide.

Suggestions needed on the following questions: (Ultimately he has to make the decision but would be nice to get some perspectives)
1. Should he pursue with temple to give him a decision before 3 weeks.
2. Should he wait two weeks and if nothing happens at Temple, accept Mount Sinai and forget temple?
3. I have asked him to find out from Mount Sinai what would be the problems if he accepted now and then declined to join if he got accepted from Temple.

Anybody knows what all can be done?

curiousmom said:
My son is on Temple waitlist. And I know the movement goes on till first day of school.

However, his plan B is - Mount Sinai (PREP-MED) Masters in Biological sciences. He has gotten acceptance and he has 3 weeks to decide.

Suggestions needed on the following questions: (Ultimately he has to make the decision but would be nice to get some perspectives)
1. Should he pursue with temple to give him a decision before 3 weeks.
2. Should he wait two weeks and if nothing happens at Temple, accept Mount Sinai and forget temple?
3. I have asked him to find out from Mount Sinai what would be the problems if he accepted now and then declined to join if he got accepted from Temple.

Anybody knows what all can be done?

Med school adcoms are pretty immune to this type of pressure unless you are high on the waitlist - and even then they may not care. I would find out the financial penalties of dropping Mt. Sinai after 3 weeks.

Hey everyone, Congrats to those who got in off the waitlist and best of luck to those still waiting. See you August.

socuteMD said:
Med school adcoms are pretty immune to this type of pressure unless you are high on the waitlist - and even then they may not care. I would find out the financial penalties of dropping Mt. Sinai after 3 weeks.

yeah, we're completely at the school's mercy. I'm on a couple waitlists right now but am planning on attending Georgetown's SMP for a year if I don't get in. I sent in my deposit and everything so that's my backup plan. I suggest he wait a couple weeks, just to be sure, then send in whatever deposit to reserve his spot.

peace84 said:

guess not, lol.. I'm just trying to find a method to all this madness..

btw, when did everyone who got accepted get waitlisted? I interviewed 3/23, waitlisted 5/11. I wonder what took them so long to waitlist me..?

I interviewed the 3/7 got waitlisted 5/11. i had to wait forever to get a response.

uptempo said:
yeah, we're completely at the school's mercy. I'm on a couple waitlists right now but am planning on attending Georgetown's SMP for a year if I don't get in. I sent in my deposit and everything so that's my backup plan. I suggest he wait a couple weeks, just to be sure, then send in whatever deposit to reserve his spot.

What is Georgetown's policy if you withdraw?? Just curious.

curiousmom said:
What is Georgetown's policy if you withdraw?? Just curious.

You lose out on the $500 deposit I gave them to hold my spot. The program is made up of pre-meds so alot of people give their deposit, then withdraw if they gained acceptance.

i interviewed 3/22 and was waitlisted sometime in april.

If Temple does not knock you off of the waitlist in 2006, does that mean a guaranteed acceptance next year? I heard stuff like that happens. What is it called? Is that so at temple.

curiousmom said:
If Temple does not knock you off of the waitlist in 2006, does that mean a guaranteed acceptance next year? I heard stuff like that happens. What is it called? Is that so at temple.

No, the waitlist does not carry over to the next cycle. They will usually send off a rejection letter to you when they are sure that they have a full class.

any news on waitlist movement?

uptempo said:
any news on waitlist movement?
My son got his email of acceptance last night. He was informed verbally on Monday when he had inquired.

wow - that's pretty awesome - im extremely jealous :(

congrats! :)

who did he speak to when he called monday and was informed of his status? did he speak to one of the secretaries or one of the directors? if he spoke to one of the directors, how..did he just ask to speak to him/her?

I got in!! yay!!! I got notified by email this morning.

for those of you still on the waitlist...good luck!!! I'm a reapplicant, so I know how frustrating it is to wait. I would recommend calling the admissions office regularly (like weekly) to let them know that you're still interested. Again, good luck!!