Temple?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would be shocked if it was. It seems a little early for Temple to be interviewing only for waitlist. I'm pretty sure that they interviewed until April last year. It would be crazy for them to conduct 3 months of interviews just to fill their waitlist.

i completely agree-- they ARE NOT only interviewing for waitlist that is an absolutely rediculous statement. From the mouth of the director for admission yesterday morning they have accepted about half the class.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got accepted : ) 2/18... don't know if i'm going yet-- still have a couple other interviews. I guess it all revolves around the financial package.

Members don't see this ad :)
...anyone else receive an email about second look week next week? I ask this because it says :
"On behalf of the Admissions Committee, we are pleased to welcome you to the Class of 2013 at Temple University School of Medicine. Official notification of your acceptance will be sent this Friday, March 13th. In the meantime, I wanted to extend an invitation to our Second Look program which is being held next Friday, March 20th.

Congratulations and welcome to the Temple family!

Sincerely,
Audrey B. Uknis, MD
Associate Dean for Admissions"

however i've not been formally accepted, actually waitlisted; was this sent out to anyone else on the waitlist? I called about the email, but they are closed now...

...anyone else receive an email about second look week next week? I ask this because it says :
"On behalf of the Admissions Committee, we are pleased to welcome you to the Class of 2013 at Temple University School of Medicine. Official notification of your acceptance will be sent this Friday, March 13th. In the meantime, I wanted to extend an invitation to our Second Look program which is being held next Friday, March 20th.

Sincerely,
Audrey B. Uknis, MD

however i've not been formally accepted, actually waitlisted; was this sent out to anyone else on the waitlist? I called about the email, but they are closed now...

I know that some schools extend second look invites to those people who are high on the waitlist and likely to be accepted. I'd be excited if I were you. Controlled, level-headed, and realistic excitement, that is.

I just got an interview invite after being complete in mid-August. Spots were still available at the end of March too, weird.

I'm interviewing on the 25th. It seems that their accepting students at a slower rate this year. I hope that the interviews are still for available spots, since this wasn't the case last year. Has anyone with a recent interview found out if the class has been filled or not?

I know that some schools extend second look invites to those people who are high on the waitlist and likely to be accepted. I'd be excited if I were you. Controlled, level-headed, and realistic excitement, that is.

I just called them and they told that i have been accepted...:love:

as a reapplicant this is bittersweet

Congrats on the accept. Yeah, I got a letter too, but got accepted a while ago.

Sincerely,
Audrey B. Uknis, MD