Temple's Kornberg School of Dentistry Post Baccalaureate 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was also accepted today! But haven't heard back from the dental school yet. For those who were accepted, are you planning on attending?
I interviewed last wed for the post-bacc program, but I didnt hear back from the dental school either. when did you interview?

Was also accepted today! But haven't heard back from the dental school yet. For those who were accepted, are you planning on attending?
I never heard back from them either, but since I was never interviewed and it's already April, I assume that I didn't make it. A friend of mine who did the interview back in October was wait-listed and recently got an email from them asking if he's still interested; he did not reply because he made into other school. I think I am going to accept the offer.

Edit: Forgot to answer the second part

I never heard back from them either, but since I was never interviewed and it's already April, I assume that I didn't make it. A friend of mine who did the interview back in October was wait-listed and recently got an email from them asking if he's still interested; he did not reply because he made into other school. I think I am going to accept the offer.

Edit: Forgot to answer the second part
Yeah, I didn't get an interview either so I guess it's safe to say I didn't get in. Just wondering why I haven't received a rejection then

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance yesterday, so hoping movement for anyone that is awaiting a decision!

Reactions: 1 user
I got admission into several other Masters in Oral Health programs, as well as Dental School. Turned down, Boston & Rutgers also.

One thing I meant to clarify as to why I was drawn to a few Masters programs versus the PostBacc. Cost; Time to complete, dental matriculation rates are all important factors to consider - for me specifically it was the net impact a non-degree postbacc program would have on my overall GPA versus resetting my GPA in a graduate masters program. Finally, the $5,000 deposit seemed quite steep compared to several that required $0-250 while I awaited decisions from other programs.

If housing expenses are a concern, many programs, including Rutgers, offers a remote/virtual learning format as well.

One thing I meant to clarify as to why I was drawn to a few Masters programs versus the PostBacc. Cost; Time to complete, dental matriculation rates are all important factors to consider - for me specifically it was the net impact a non-degree postbacc program would have on my overall GPA versus resetting my GPA in a graduate masters program. Finally, the $5,000 deposit seemed quite steep compared to several that required $0-250 while I awaited decisions from other programs.

If housing expenses are a concern, many programs, including Rutgers, offers a remote/virtual learning format as well.
i agree, this is my issue because as much as the program is a i feel like i would want a degree 😭

for anyone is planning to accept their offer, where are you guys planning to live?

I recommend taking a look at Vantage Apartments and Vantage view as right on campus and quite nice. I currently am in a 1 bedroom fully furnished apartment and pay about $2100.

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone is looking for housing for the Post-Bacc program, I currently have a 1 bedroom apartment at Vantage and will be looking to sublet it for June 2022 - July 2022. This will give you ample time to figure out the area and find what you may want permanently. Please DM me directly if interested.

Hi everyone, did anyone get accepted into Temple Postbacc Program last year? I’m thinking about applying this cycle. Application are accepted until March 31st and I wanted to get some feedback on the program before I apply.

Is there a group chat with students who are going and looking for housing? I think that'll really help ! I also got accepted and plan on attending unless I get off the waitlist at one dental school