Temple's Kornberg School of Dentistry Post Baccalaureate 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dententhusiast

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I noticed I did not see any threads for the post bacc program at Temple's School of Dentistry for the 2022-2023 school year. I wanted to start this thread to see whos been accepted and whos interviewed! I currently have my interview this week, I applied very late in the cycle so I am a little bit nervous, anyone have any advice for the interview or has gotten in? That would be great :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations and good luck on your interview and I am sure your friends and peers have given you tons of advice on the interview process, and what to do and not to do. Above all be honest, smile, make eye contact and be prepared to answer the obvious questions. You have the interview which means after reviewing your application they decided you have what it take to go to Temple, now you have to convince the interviewer of that.

Wishing you the best...Nancy

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations and good luck on your interview and I am sure your friends and peers have given you tons of advice on the interview process, and what to do and not to do. Above all be honest, smile, make eye contact and be prepared to answer the obvious questions. You have the interview which means after reviewing your application they decided you have what it take to go to Temple, now you have to convince the interviewer of that.

Wishing you the best...Nancy
Thank you so much for those kind words and words of advice!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also received an email to apply to their post bacc program and have an interview tomorrow, but I never got a rejection email from their dental school.

I also received an email to apply to their post bacc program and have an interview tomorrow, but I never got a rejection email from their dental school.
hmm that's interesting! There is still a chance, good luck tomorrow on your interview!!

it is. I lived in philly during my childhood and always wanted to move back.

My interview is tomorrow as well and to be honest the time limit of 15 minutes terrifies me!
the interview is very laid back, don't be nervous! they just want to get to know you better, why you chose dentistry, and make sure you have a great work ethic. good luck :)

the interview is very laid back, don't be nervous! they just want to get to know you better, why you chose dentistry, and make sure you have a great work ethic. good luck :)
That is really refreshing to hear!! Thank you!!

That is really refreshing to hear!! Thank you!!
You were right the interview was very laid back!! will you be attending the open house in person?

Members don't see this ad :)
Great I'm glad that it went well!! I actually attended the first virtual open house because I am working in another state.

how was the virtual open house?
It was super informative and they had students that went through the program that are now in the dental school answer questions and tell their stories. Go prepared with some questions!

It was super informative and they had students that went through the program that are now in the dental school answer questions and tell their stories. Go prepared with some questions!
did you hear back already on their decision?

David told me it wouldn’t be that long (although who knows what that really means lol) bc they understand people would have to relocate.
literally and considering the program starts in may i think a months notice is even still very little to do a big move

Did my interview Mar. 15th, went to the open house on 22nd. I did not hear anything back from them yet either.

Did my interview Mar. 15th, went to the open house on 22nd. I did not hear anything back from them yet either.
Oh my goodness! This makes me a little nervous, because there are other programs I applied to and theyve gotten back very quickly. Did you do the open house virtually or in person?

This is kinda a weird question but did you get a reminder email for the virtual open house? I signed up for one and cannot remember what day I signed up for

This is kinda a weird question but did you get a reminder email for the virtual open house? I signed up for one and cannot remember what day I signed up for
I did not personally no but I also signed up for the in person open house so i know for that one theres only one day!

how was it?
I enjoyed it a lot. It was my first time in Philly so a bit nervous, but I got to meet the staffs, faculty and current post bacc. students and ask them questions. We also did a tour around the school with the current students, which I think is the benefit of attending it in person rather than in virtual.

I am not sure for the virtual open house, but for the in person one, we did get a reminder because we had to submit an online guest pass prior to coming to the campus.

I am not sure for the virtual open house, but for the in person one, we did get a reminder because we had to submit an online guest pass prior to coming to the campus.
Gotcha, okay that makes sense and yes im excited to attend the open house! I hope everyone hears back a response by at least mid april! My open house is April 11th.

Gotcha, okay that makes sense and yes im excited to attend the open house! I hope everyone hears back a response by at least mid april! My open house is April 11th.
That wasn't even an option for me. I think the last date I could choose for an open house was April 1st, but I am not too sure. When was your interview? Also for your following question, Temple is the only post bacc program that I applied to.

That wasn't even an option for me. I think the last date I could choose for an open house was April 1st, but I am not too sure. When was your interview? Also for your following question, Temple is the only post bacc program that I applied to.
My interview was just last week on Wednesday!

They'll send you a zoom link the day or two before

Looking at previous years threads it seems like people heard back by the end of march which makes me worried, but maybe it's just later this year idk

Looking at previous years threads it seems like people heard back by the end of march which makes me worried, but maybe it's just later this year idk
Maybe, I was trying to see if I could find any people who had a thread stating they got in this year but I was unable to discover any.

I also haven’t heard anything back yet and was interviewed on March 17th and attended the virtual open house last Tuesday. Hoping we hear some good news soon

omg congrats everyone!!!!! im so happy for you all! I imagine hopefully ill hear something after I attend the open house :)

I think they blasted a first wave at five. I got mine too! Good luck to everyone who is waiting!

• Love
Did anyone else apply who is also on the waitlist for the dental school?

Was also accepted today! But haven't heard back from the dental school yet. For those who were accepted, are you planning on attending?