Terminal leave questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Creflo

time to eat
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can travel overseas while on terminal leave without going through the hassles of getting approved to go overseas? Also, I understand they will move you back to your home of record, will they do this at the beginning of your terminal leave, or will they require that you wait until the end of terminal? Thanks for any replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if you can travel overseas while on terminal leave without going through the hassles of getting approved to go overseas? Also, I understand they will move you back to your home of record, will they do this at the beginning of your terminal leave, or will they require that you wait until the end of terminal? Thanks for any replies.

You can schedule a move the day you get orders. And you can schedule it as soon as the movers are available. Your command doesn't care if you sleep in a furnished mansion or on a blowup mattress.

I don't know about going OCONUS, but it's common to leave the area on terminal leave to travel to your next job/school/parent's basement.

It's your terminal leave. Your commander isn't going to chase you down and issue you an Article 15 when it's terminal leave. LOL

You're done. It's time to pop a bottle of champagne and celebrate.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I traveled to Australia for 12 days while on my terminal leave without a care in the world.

Terminal leave for an ETS: I'd be drinking Cuba Libres and smoking Cohibas in Havana.

Terminal leave for Retirement: I'd do all the paperwork to go OCONUS--too much at risk if somebody had an axe to grind.

Reactions: 1 user