Army Army “ETS”: Does our special pay stop during terminal leave?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m trying to consider all factors before giving the practice I will be joining a start date. I’m moving out of state about 400 miles, so I’ll need at least some time in between to get resettled.

Once we start our terminal leave, do all our special doctor pays cease? I’m reading this happens with other MOS’s but have never heard this from any docs.

Generally, what do most people do for this transition? My separation date is 1 JUL and I’m thinking of giving the following Monday as my start date. No point in starting before the 4th.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I got my full pay and allowances while on terminal leave. Leave days that I didn't use got paid at my base pay rate.

I don't think there's a consensus on when to start your next job. There's just too much variation in length of terminal leave, difficulty in relocating, credentialing/privileging, individual finances, and personal desire for a longer break.

I got my full pay and allowances while on terminal leave. Leave days that I didn't use got paid at my base pay rate.

I don't think there's a consensus on when to start your next job. There's just too much variation in length of terminal leave, difficulty in relocating, credentialing/privileging, individual finances, and personal desire for a longer break.

Yep I get that. However, loss of special pay would significantly effect how much terminal leave I take.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got paid everything on terminal leave. It doesn’t mak much sense to sell back leave for base pay rates.