Terrible mistake what should i do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I used firefox to upload my ERAS application. My mistake is in my personal statement. I used quotation marks in the first sentence, and when I copied and pasted my PS into ERAS, it had funny boxes next to the quotation marks, this is what it looked like "my sentence". So I obviously fixed it before submitting my PS. On my firefox it doesnt show any mistakes.

I checked my PS today on IE at the hospital computer, and the box is there!!! I had even completely re writen the sentence in myERAS, JUST IN CASE I didnt correct the box by deleting, and I double, triple checked to make sure there were no errors. But this was all on Firefox!

So now that IE is still showing the error, and all the hospitals have downloaded my application, what should I do?

Should I redo my PS and resubmit the PS and assign the new one to the programs and call each program telling them to update/use the new one?

is this terrible? Now im all worried that this is why I'm not getting interviews :(

Members don't see this ad.

So, I used firefox to upload my ERAS application. My mistake is in my personal statement. I used quotation marks in the first sentence, and when I copied and pasted my PS into ERAS, it had funny boxes next to the quotation marks, this is what it looked like "my sentence". So I obviously fixed it before submitting my PS. On my firefox it doesnt show any mistakes.

I checked my PS today on IE at the hospital computer, and the box is there!!! I had even completely re writen the sentence in myERAS, JUST IN CASE I didnt correct the box by deleting, and I double, triple checked to make sure there were no errors. But this was all on Firefox!

So now that IE is still showing the error, and all the hospitals have downloaded my application, what should I do?

Should I redo my PS and resubmit the PS and assign the new one to the programs and call each program telling them to update/use the new one?

is this terrible? Now im all worried that this is why I'm not getting interviews :(

I had the same issue, using Firefox. But I fixed it, and just now check IE to make sure. It's fixed there also.

ERAS makes you go through several screens to confirm the PS. I know that at one point, I was certain that I was done, but if I'd confirmed at that point, it wouldn't have fixed my errors. I had to go through a couple more screens to complete the corrections.

I know they're trying to make sure all the idiots and careless people don't make mistakes, but all they've done is make it easier for those of us who do know what we're doing to screw up.

how did you fix it? you mean fix it before sending it out to all programs?

my PS is already out to all programs

on my computer at home, using windows 7, i dont see that box anywhere, not on IE, IE 64 bit, or my Firefox.

is this going to come off as super unprofessional?

thanks for responding aPD, you made me feel so much better!

I did everything in firefox as well, a couple weeks ago, had the boxes come up, removed them and fixed them and just checked on the hospital's internet explorer, and sure enough, there they are in the first line. Naturally, it's all been downloaded by the programs. Hope aPD's right!

I did everything in firefox as well, a couple weeks ago, had the boxes come up, removed them and fixed them and just checked on the hospital's internet explorer, and sure enough, there they are in the first line. Naturally, it's all been downloaded by the programs. Hope aPD's right!

My friend only did his in firefox as well and never bothered to check IE. But he has 30 interviews offers! So honestly, don't worry guys :cool: