Test Form CM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

frank51

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought the PS section was extremely hard, WTF was up with the passage that was very long, and had to do with gases, it also had 2-3 graphs (skipped it!). I had to go very fast to finish the rest of the test.
VR sucked too, specially those 2 long ass passages with like 10-11 questions each, ended up skipping 10 questions.
BIO was OK, not very hard, but definitely not easy, by the way what did you guys put for the question that asked, ?What pre-biological assumption did the scientist make concerning a gas or something?.
How does everyone else feel?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, this is my first post. I've been viewing for awhile now, but decided to jump in after taking the MCAT today. I also had CM and thought it was horrible. The verbal was really rough, and I also had a lot of trouble with the bio. Wait and see in June, I suppose. :oops:

Form CM was ridiculous. I was killing VR on all my Kaplan and AAMC practice tests, and I couldn't even finish the section on the real thing. I felt like I was having a heart attack while I was doing it :eek: . VR was so bad. PS was also a little worse than I was expecting too. BS was not as bad as I thought it would be, but there were so many genetics questions. Overall, it really wrecked my confidence and I am scared to even get my results.

Hey, Had form CN here but they seem to be similar. On the question about the biological assumption I put an answer that said CN and something else had to be present first.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys-
I had CM too. I thought the PS was reasonable, but my view is somewhat skewed in that I hate PS, and it's always been my worst subject. But the VR was nuts. My practice test scores on VR were between 9 and 13 and I didn't finish on the real MCAT either...midway through the section, I got those "Is this frickin test gonna keep me out of medical school?" feelings...not so good for the ol' confidence levels. I suck at orgo, and I missed all three questios that I've thought about since the test (don't the right answers always come easier the day after?). So my BS was..umm...BS.
I'm hoping that there was some divine intervention on some level; if not I'll be studying for August.
It makes me feel somewhat better that everyone else thought it sucked...but I think that everyone says that their section was hard...

dc

Those of you who didn't finish the VR section, did you end up doing both of those long passages? I did, and I feel that it was very stupid strategy.

I took CM too.

Phys: I didn't think this section was terrible. Our test didn't have so many calculations, it was mostly conceptual physics questions. But what was up with that passage with 3 different subjects and diagrams on it? It was the young's modulus, diffraction of light, and swinging pendulums--I have never seen that on any practice tests. Also that passage with the simulating theater acoustics with water waves and light rays? I thought that was a little out there too.

Verbal: Well, I finished--so that's good. The very first passage almost killed my confidence. It was the one about origin of myths or something--its tough to start off with a killer passage like that!

Bio: Man--I was very uncomfortable walking out of this section. I remember the proctor calling 45 minutes, and I still had 6 passages and independent questions left. Those damn weird organic structures with the XC WE MC WXF side chains really slowed me down!!

To the guy who did the 10 questions passages--that was a good strategy. You don't want to randomly guess on a 10 question passage! Hopefully the passage you skipped was the 5 question one.

Cheers. :thumbup:

I'm just afraid that one of the 2 passages was experimental, I also thought that the electrochemistery passage was also very difficult specially the 2 questions that had to do with color changes.

I did do the long passages...shoulda skipped the shorter ones to focus on the long ones...I hope one of them was experimental (wishful thinking :( )...

dc