Test in a week - SCORES GOING DOWN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giantswing

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm taking the MCAT May 1st and have been scoring 10s and 9s with the occasional 8.
This past week I can't crack an 8. I find I'm totally checking out, especially on verbal. I do have ADD, but usually it's not THIS bad.
Any advice, experience? Hoping it's just stress, but STILL.

Members don't see this ad.

I have the identical problem, except my test is tomorrow :(. Have your practice tests increased in difficulty? as in, scored higher on AAMC3 but lower on 8-10? because thats pretty standard. Also, Don't over do it. Although AAMC tests are good indicators of score. Its still all about the practice. A low score doesn't mean you WILL do poorly on the exam, it means there are still things you can learn from and tweak/perfect.

Sounds like burnout. You should take a day or two off.

Sn2ed is right. i had similar problems. the worst thing about burn out is that you may not even know that you have it. take 1 day off or if you feel thats too much just spend a few hours doing something you enjoy. your scores will get back up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sn2ed is right. i had similar problems. the worst thing about burn out is that you may not even know that you have it. take 1 day off or if you feel thats too much just spend a few hours doing something you enjoy. your scores will get back up.

i too suffer from unofficial add lol. for your verbal one thing i noticed was sleep is very important. the night before you take a FL, make sure you get enough sleep.

Yes.number one symptom of burnout for me was: No desire to read verbal passages or lack of focus. This is an awful feeling..Take a break.

Yes.number one symptom of burnout for me was: No desire to read verbal passages or lack of focus. This is an awful feeling..Take a break.

Excellent advise! When you exercise, you need to take time off to let your body recover. If you don't do it, then you fatigue more and things deteriorate. After a day or two of rest, you come back stronger. The same is true with MCAT studying. Take a day or two to work on your primary application and then come back to the MCAT. You'll do great!