Test out of Physics Prerequisites with SAT II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

artvandelay786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
At my school, you can test out of physics 1 and 2. This is done by acing the SAT II Physics. If I were to do this, would it look bad to the dental school admissions counselors? Physics isn't really needed for the DAT or dental school, so..

Members don't see this ad.

Unless it will appear on your transcripts as 8 credits of physics with lab, you need to take 8 credits of physics with lab.

Members don't see this ad :)
You need to have the credit and a letter grade on your transcript.

I know that they might accept it but I'm wondering if it makes a difference from an admissions standpoint..

I found it more effective to negotiate out of physics pre-reqs after interviewing. I think that will be your time to inquire, but be ready to take them in case the school isn't willing to budge.

I found it more effective to negotiate out of physics pre-reqs after interviewing. I think that will be your time to inquire, but be ready to take them in case the school isn't willing to budge.

Did you do this before or after you applied? If after, did you list the physics courses as something you were taking in the next few semesters?

Did you do this before or after you applied? If after, did you list the physics courses as something you were taking in the next few semesters?

As stated, after interviewing is when I got serious about it. At one school after acceptance and at another I brought it up once I knew my interview was going well and had further conversations once the school was serious about accepting me. I did have the classes in planned coursework and its a long story why I wanted out of them, but needless to say I am enjoying working and saving money rather than more undergrad classes.

Kind of like "negotiating" for a used car. In your case, you negotiated not to take a physics course in exchange you would consent to being admitted?

Kind of like "negotiating" for a used car. In your case, you negotiated not to take a physics course in exchange you would consent to being admitted?

Basically. I was able to have several pre-reqs forgiven which I guess was similar to the school offering '0% apr financing and a free warranty', to use your car analogy.

Basically. I was able to have several pre-reqs forgiven which I guess was similar to the school offering '0% apr financing and a free warranty', to use your car analogy.

Ok you got your "o% financing and a free warranty", but what exactly did the school get in return?