Testing environment question

Started by kdog3682
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kdog3682

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alot of how I do my Practice FL's is with notepad open on the side, writing things down. Will this be able to be performed at the real test site?
 
Alot of how I do my Practice FL's is with notepad open on the side, writing things down. Will this be able to be performed at the real test site?

You're given a booklet by the testing center for scratch paper. You have to return it at the end of the test, but as soon as you enter the room you can write whatever you want on it. So yes? Unless you mean something else.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I might be wrong, but I thought you could highlight and annotate passages on the MCAT. You might not be able to have a separate notepad open on the side, but you can write things down in the blank spots of the passage if i recall.
 
So regarding our breaks . . .I know that we will be given a locker to put our stuff in . . .can we access it during the breaks? I'm assuming that's where everyone keeps their snacks.
 
I might be wrong, but I thought you could highlight and annotate passages on the MCAT. You might not be able to have a separate notepad open on the side, but you can write things down in the blank spots of the passage if i recall.

You can highlight, but the tutorial mentions that note-taking is a function for the practice tests, not the real deal.
 
So regarding our breaks . . .I know that we will be given a locker to put our stuff in . . .can we access it during the breaks? I'm assuming that's where everyone keeps their snacks.
yes. You can access your locker during breaks. All you can do in breaks is eat and drink anything that you may have brought with you. I recommend gatorade and protein bars, peanuts, or something light, and something that won't make you pee afterwards. Coffee is a bad choice. Don't show up hangover.

U can't study anything on breaks, or use your cell phone. Just store everything in the locker, and munch on your snacks on breaks.

Whoever asked about the notepad: They give you a paperback booklet of scratch paper. You use it when in the test, and return it on your way out. The computer is not a windows computer that you log on to or anything. The administrator loads up the test, and you just sit and take it. It can be cold or warm. Take with you a light sweater that you can unzip if warm and zip if cold. I think u can't take it off. If using sandals, bring warm socks. If ur feet get cold while in the test, you'll be screwed. At least I would.

Hope that helps.


H4S