Texas A&M c/o 2018 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epivetlove

Texas A&M c/o 2018!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's that time, vet hopefuls! I've already finished filling out TMDSAS and just need to get my transcripts and eLORs in. So anxious and excited and scared! This is my first application cycle and I hope it'll be my only one. Good luck to everyone! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck peeps

I declined admission to TAMU but I went there for undergrad. Shoot if you got any questions about the TMDSAS, interviews, or A&M in general. I know there are some aggie vet students on here too :)

Good luck to you all! I am in the class of 2015 and I know there are other current students on here as well. If you have any questions let us know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Resurrecting this thread, haha. Just finished the supplemental--super easy. Now all I need to do is send in my check. And still waiting on 2 out of 3 LORs...eek! I guess there's still plenty of time. :oops:

Anybody else on here hoping to be a future Aggie vet?

just a friendly reminder that texas has some...unique, shall we say, pre-requisites, like technical writing, 'lecture-based biochemistry' (aka your lab credits don't count), a specific syllabus that they prefer for general animal science courses, etc. i was able to get an interview with them after i sent them syllabi and papers/presentations demonstrating that the classes i took were equivalent to theirs, but it was a scramble to get everything in on time. so be prepared! :rolleyes:

just a friendly reminder that texas has some...unique, shall we say, pre-requisites, like technical writing, 'lecture-based biochemistry' (aka your lab credits don't count), a specific syllabus that they prefer for general animal science courses, etc. i was able to get an interview with them after i sent them syllabi and papers/presentations demonstrating that the classes i took were equivalent to theirs, but it was a scramble to get everything in on time. so be prepared! :rolleyes:

They no longer require animal science actually, but still need animal nutrition.
They require psychology now too, which seems pretty unique.

Good luck everyone! If you have any questions, just let us know! :luck:

Can someone that was accepted post their stats? I'm really worried about mine...

Also - i was reading a thread above "lions tigers bears" or something about hating vet school, and it has me bothered. ive already been diagnosed with depression, and I dont want to throw myself in vet school if ill hate it...what is everyone whose been accepted general feel of the school? is it so bad? this has always been what i wanted and im not sure what id even do if i dont go to vet school.

Can someone that was accepted post their stats? I'm really worried about mine...

Might be easier to just peruse the Accepted Stats threads. There are several of them for the past 4 or 5 application cycles. Plenty of A&M'ers on there, I'm sure. :)

Also - i was reading a thread above "lions tigers bears" or something about hating vet school, and it has me bothered. ive already been diagnosed with depression, and I dont want to throw myself in vet school if ill hate it...what is everyone whose been accepted general feel of the school? is it so bad? this has always been what i wanted and im not sure what id even do if i dont go to vet school.

I don't think anybody can really give you a solid answer for this. Vet school isn't easy, but it's not impossible. You have to know your own limits and what you can and can't handle. All vet schools (most?) come equipped with staff that can help you through the rough times, though. Not to mention that your fellow students are going through the same thing.

I have my stats somewhere on the accepted stats of 2016.. If i find the link i can send it to you...

Vet school can definitely have its challenges. As long as you make time for thing you enjoy and don't get burn out, you should be just fine. Your classmates become your family and we're all going through the same issues , so you have more than one sounding board. Like the person before said, A&M has a person you can always go talk to. Dr. Bergeron. He's really nice and even if you don't want to talk you can just hang out in his office. Don't get be wrong though, vet school isn't all hassles/troubles. There are plenty of fun activities you can participate in, clubs you can be apart of. If it's something you really want, don't worry about what might happen. Just go for it! It's not that bad and time will fly by once you're in. ;)

Might be easier to just peruse the Accepted Stats threads. There are several of them for the past 4 or 5 application cycles. Plenty of A&M'ers on there, I'm sure. :)

I don't think anybody can really give you a solid answer for this. Vet school isn't easy, but it's not impossible. You have to know your own limits and what you can and can't handle. All vet schools (most?) come equipped with staff that can help you through the rough times, though. Not to mention that your fellow students are going through the same thing.

Here's the link to where I put my stats..

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=12173671#post12173671

Its somewhere near the middle-end. But there are plenty of other posts from A&Mers on there and in previous cycles and last years cycle. Don't be hard on yourself though. Trust me, I didn't have a stellar GPA or the amount of experience other people had. Don't give up, and definitely try applying. Worst case, they'll tell you what to improve on and you can apply again. Lots of my classmates didn't get in on their first try. Good luck :)

I know there's still a long way to go until interviews and such...but I was just wondering if anybody else has applied? I know there's got to be a handful on here! :)

I'm waiting for the school to post my last LOR (which was just verified by TMDSAS today), so that I can confirm my supplemental and be done for realz. I'm trying to be optimistic, but with my grades and A&M's emphasis on academic numbers...I just don't know. :scared: I'll just be really happy if I can at least land an interview my first time. It'd give me some hope.

Good luck to all other applicants! December can't get here soon enough! :luck:

You can count me as another Texas A&M c/o 2018 applicant! Just had my last LOR verified by TMDSAS on Monday, but still waiting for A&M to get it so I can confirm my supplemental. Anybody else do the math and realize that we have 78 days till December 20th when we're supposed to know our interview status? :oops:

I'm freaking out that even if I do get an interview this time, I will totally bomb it and never be able to make it into vet school. Interviewing and just plain public speaking totally unnerve me and have never been one of my strong points. A&M's MMI format is supposed to be more fair, but the thought of having to think critically on your feet totally scares me. But I guess I don't need to worry about that unless I get an interview invite in December.

So, let the waiting game begin......:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
You can count me as another Texas A&M c/o 2018 applicant! Just had my last LOR verified by TMDSAS on Monday, but still waiting for A&M to get it so I can confirm my supplemental. Anybody else do the math and realize that we have 78 days till December 20th when we're supposed to know our interview status? :oops:

I'm freaking out that even if I do get an interview this time, I will totally bomb it and never be able to make it into vet school. Interviewing and just plain public speaking totally unnerve me and have never been one of my strong points. A&M's MMI format is supposed to be more fair, but the thought of having to think critically on your feet totally scares me. But I guess I don't need to worry about that unless I get an interview invite in December.

So, let the waiting game begin......:luck:

MMI really isn't that bad. Did it at both TAMU and VMRCVM and frankly I preferred it to traditional style. Just relax :)

Is anybody else waiting to confirm their supplemental application because A&M hasn't posted everything yet? TMDSAS received the last of my LORs early this month, but A&M has yet to post it on the supplemental application page so I can confirm. That's the only thing I am waiting on in order to confirm. Everything else went up pretty quickly after I submitted my TMDSAS application. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I'm thinking I should probably give the school a call next week if they still haven't posted it as received......:confused:

Is anybody else waiting to confirm their supplemental application because A&M hasn't posted everything yet? TMDSAS received the last of my LORs early this month, but A&M has yet to post it on the supplemental application page so I can confirm. That's the only thing I am waiting on in order to confirm. Everything else went up pretty quickly after I submitted my TMDSAS application. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I'm thinking I should probably give the school a call next week if they still haven't posted it as received......:confused:

I'm still waiting for everything too. Only my GPAs have been posted and that my fee and applications (TMDSAS and supplemental) have been received. All my LORs are in, but they aren't posted yet. Neither are my GRE scores. I'm calling on Monday or Tuesday. That'll have been waaaaay over 2 weeks since I submitted TMDSAS. If you call before me, let me know what you find out. I'll do the same.

I'm still waiting for everything too. Only my GPAs have been posted and that my fee and applications (TMDSAS and supplemental) have been received. All my LORs are in, but they aren't posted yet. Neither are my GRE scores. I'm calling on Monday or Tuesday. That'll have been waaaaay over 2 weeks since I submitted TMDSAS. If you call before me, let me know what you find out. I'll do the same.

Calling never hurts for sure, but if it's any consolation I remember it took them a little while to get all my info put in there so I could confirm. I wouldn't worry too much.

Calling never hurts for sure, but if it's any consolation I remember it took them a little while to get all my info put in there so I could confirm. I wouldn't worry too much.

I'm sure you're right. I'm just mostly nervous about my GRE scores. I'm afraid I'll be disqualified if they didn't come in on time...but they won't update the portal thing...ugh. Nerve-racking. Do you remember about how long it took to post all the info? My address is wrong, so I definitely have to call about that...just trying to be patient...it's just so hard, haha. :oops:

I'm sure you're right. I'm just mostly nervous about my GRE scores. I'm afraid I'll be disqualified if they didn't come in on time...but they won't update the portal thing...ugh. Nerve-racking. Do you remember about how long it took to post all the info? My address is wrong, so I definitely have to call about that...just trying to be patient...it's just so hard, haha. :oops:

Unfortunately I can't recall when really (I had a lot going on at the time, ya dig?), but I can tell you that the admissions people are very friendly. Don't worry about it and don't be afraid to call; they'll get it resolved for you.

Unfortunately I can't recall when really (I had a lot going on at the time, ya dig?), but I can tell you that the admissions people are very friendly. Don't worry about it and don't be afraid to call; they'll get it resolved for you.

Totally understandable, haha. And you were right--very friendly staff. They updated my address information immediately and confirmed my GRE scores had been received. For anyone else waiting for things to post, the rep I talked to said it would probably be a few more weeks before everything was finalized, so hang tight! Don't be afraid to call though, if you're antsy like me, lol. ;)

I called today too. I was also told that they just hadn't gotten everyone's information processed yet. The admission's officer told me not to worry and that it would likely take a few more weeks to get everything processed and posted. I feel lots better now! :)

I called maybe last week. Today all of my stuff was updated.

Whoo! Checked today and everything has been posted. Very happy to not have to think about that anymore. Now just the agonizingly long wait until 12/20...or maybe not so long since it's already almost November! :eek:

Whoo! Checked today and everything has been posted. Very happy to not have to think about that anymore. Now just the agonizingly long wait until 12/20...or maybe not so long since it's already almost November! :eek:
Last year they messed it up and the online link to confirm for your interview time was up (for a bit at least) before we actually got our invite emails ;)
Was right around 12/19 or 12/20 I think though.

Good luck!

They still don't have all my stuff updated on the supplemental yet:(. Hopefully will be within the next week! Any ideas on how to prepare/practice for the MMI format A&M uses in the event that I get an interview? Still a looooooong way off, I know, but I can't help thinking about it if I get one! :p

Last year they messed it up and the online link to confirm for your interview time was up (for a bit at least) before we actually got our invite emails ;)
Was right around 12/19 or 12/20 I think though.

Good luck!

Thank you! I don't stand much of a chance, I think, but that doesn't stop me from hoping. I saw the interview link on the DVM page...a new thing to stalk, haha!

They still don't have all my stuff updated on the supplemental yet:(. Hopefully will be within the next week! Any ideas on how to prepare/practice for the MMI format A&M uses in the event that I get an interview? Still a looooooong way off, I know, but I can't help thinking about it if I get one! :p

Don't worry! It should show up soon. A few days ago my GREs were listed, then today my LORs were up. I've been looking for MMI example questions, but mostly I'm finding medical (MD/DO) stuff...which is still helpful. I think the questions can be so varied, it's hard to really "prepare." I think mostly just being exposed to the field and being a competent, mature person that's not lived under a rock his/her whole life should be fairly adequate. Still would be interested to hear from any other students who have been through the MMI process...though I know y'all can't give any specific examples.

I found it easy to wait for the interview invite--it was the wait after the interview actually occurred that nearly drove me crazy! :rolleyes:
Last year they sent out an email a day or two before the snail mail interview invitations arrived, just in case people were out of town for Christmas, so you may even know by the 19th! I know, only one day, but it's still one day less to wait. I don't think I was stalking the TAMU website at that point to see that the interview link was up and running early.

Just relax. Look at the interview feedback here on SDN as there are a couple questions they seem to really like and you may come across. Other than that though, it never hurts to keep up on current events and news in vet med, and take a deep breath and pull from your knowledge and experience. Truthfully, compared to a regular interview I preferred the two MMIs I did. Stress aside, I found it enjoyable.

Finally was able to confirm my supplemental on the 20th :eek:. That took forever and I was going crazy! The 20th was the last day that everything was supposed to be reviewed and posted. Got a letter in the mail today stating that I have one more prerequisite that I have to complete. I almost got excited for a minute when I saw the letter, but I realized it was way too early to hear about interviews and then I got really nervous. Just turned out to be confirming that I have to finish my Animal Nutrition correspondence class from OK State by spring 2014 for this application cycle.

Less than a month until December 20th! Happy Thanksgiving y'all! :D

Finally was able to confirm my supplemental on the 20th :eek:. That took forever and I was going crazy! The 20th was the last day that everything was supposed to be reviewed and posted. Got a letter in the mail today stating that I have one more prerequisite that I have to complete. I almost got excited for a minute when I saw the letter, but I realized it was way too early to hear about interviews and then I got really nervous. Just turned out to be confirming that I have to finish my Animal Nutrition correspondence class from OK State by spring 2014 for this application cycle.

Less than a month until December 20th! Happy Thanksgiving y'all! :D

Omg, when I saw a new post to this thread, I nearly swallowed my heart! So glad to hear you've been confirmed! I had to call multiple times to get them to correct my address, but all is sorted. Are you in CS? I supposedly got approved for my Speech course, so I shouldn't receive the deficiency letter...but admissions told me I might receive it do to processing error or whatever. I should go check the mailbox, but it's too cold, haha.

Can't believe how the time flies! I'll be obsessively checking my email even more as the 20th draws near. Please, please, A&M, make it a good Christmas for me. I've been nice, I promise! :X3:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Omg, when I saw a new post to this thread, I nearly swallowed my heart! So glad to hear you've been confirmed! I had to call multiple times to get them to correct my address, but all is sorted. Are you in CS? I supposedly got approved for my Speech course, so I shouldn't receive the deficiency letter...but admissions told me I might receive it do to processing error or whatever. I should go check the mailbox, but it's too cold, haha.

Can't believe how the time flies! I'll be obsessively checking my email even more as the 20th draws near. Please, please, A&M, make it a good Christmas for me. I've been nice, I promise! :X3:

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm in San Antonio and the date on my letter was the 18th so it actually took a little while to get here. If you haven't gotten a deficiency letter yet, maybe that means you won't get one. I wonder if all those letters get mailed out at the same time or as admissions make their way through the stack?? Either way, I was happy to not see a deficiency in the stats requirement. I've already been told that since A&M changed their prerequisites this year, my class I took is not equivalent to the new requirement, but that this year would be a grace period where both the old and new requirements would be accepted. Glad to see that was true! But if I don't get accepted this year, that means back to school for stats:confused:

I have all my prereqs and I still got the letter.

I have all my prereqs and I still got the letter.

What did the letter say? Did it say you were deficient in something or was it just blank at top where it would list deficient courses?

It just said I have all my preques and that we will be notified about our status by Dec 20th.

Huh. Interesting. Well, I scurried out to the mailbox and it was empty, so...not sure what that means. Sacha, are you in CS? When did you get the letter?

I got it Friday or Saturday, but the date on the letter is the 20th. I live in Lubbock.

I don't think you should be worried. You'll get it soon.
Huh. Interesting. Well, I scurried out to the mailbox and it was empty, so...not sure what that means. Sacha, are you in CS? When did you get the letter?
you
't

Hey!!
I also got a letter in the mail on Friday or so! It was sent out on the 18th. I'm sure everyone will get a letter. They just let me know about the Animal Nutrition and Stats. I think my Calc class should replace stats for this round though :)
Impatiently waiting for Dec 20...which is also my birthday, haha! Hopefully it's a good one :)

Hmm...kind of wondering if I will receive it later on. The 18th was the day I noticed they had my address wrong (two of the numbers were reversed) and the correction didn't appear until probably two or three days later. So...it may have been sent to a non-existent address. I'm in College Station, so I assume I would have gotten it by now. Unless it's been returned, in which case it'll take longer. I guess it doesn't matter either way.

Hmm...kind of wondering if I will receive it later on. The 18th was the day I noticed they had my address wrong (two of the numbers were reversed) and the correction didn't appear until probably two or three days later. So...it may have been sent to a non-existent address. I'm in College Station, so I assume I would have gotten it by now. Unless it's been returned, in which case it'll take longer. I guess it doesn't matter either way.
You'd assume, but (and I could be wrong) I think I remember having this discussion last year, and some people got letters a little later despite living in CS. Either the mail is just dumb or that admission's office has a weird way of doing things (which I wouldn't doubt). Don't quote me on that, but it rings a faint bell. Maybe you'll find something if you go digging in last year's threads. But like you said, probably not worth worrying about much anyway.

You'd assume, but (and I could be wrong) I think I remember having this discussion last year, and some people got letters a little later despite living in CS. Either the mail is just dumb or that admission's office has a weird way of doing things (which I wouldn't doubt). Don't quote me on that, but it rings a faint bell. Maybe you'll find something if you go digging in last year's threads. But like you said, probably not worth worrying about much anyway.

Yeah, not gonna stress about it. I've confirmed with admissions that the one prereq I was missing has been satisfied by some graduate classes and work experience, so...I wouldn't be surprised if I receive it late due to the address issue, but I'll scrounge around last year's thread and just see what was what. Thanks. :)

Edit: Just checked the mail and found the letter informing me that all my prereqs are complete. Whew. C'mon 12/20!

Last edited:
OK, Aggie Vet hopefuls...this is this week! My stomach ties up in more knots the closer we get to Friday. Praying for a Christmas Miracle! It's all I've asked Santa for this year. ;)

I sincerely hope we all hear good news come Friday (if not sooner)! I'm leaving for the backwaters of Louisiana where internet is scarce and WiFi is non-existant. No idea how I'll be able to compulsively check my email now, lol. I guess that's a good thing. Good luck everyone!

Fingers crossed for all of you guys!! Good luck!! And really, don't worry about the MMIs. There's no way to really prepare for them. Think of ethical issues, where you stand on them, defend your position, and you'll be fine! They sound much more terrifying than they are. And time goes by really quickly so if you don't think you do well in one station, gather your thoughts and the next one is brand new. I hope y'all hear good news this week. Interview or not, y'all are awesome. At least I'm assuming so lol;)

Logged in to the "Interview" page on the A&M website this morning. Had some good news waiting for me.... Might we worth a check if you haven't lately.

I just drove 20 minutes to get a stable signal and I logged in...Page Not Found. :(

Christmas does come early!! Interview on the 10th of January at 7:30am!

good luck TAMU applicants! Hoping to apply here next year so stalking the thread a year in advance! :p

I can't believe it! I keep reading the email to make sure it's not a joke. So extremely happy. Interview is on 1/10 at 4:10. That day is my birthday! Best Christmas/Birthday gift EVER!

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations everyone! Good luck, the day will be here before you know it!

I can't stop smiling right now! Interview January 11th at 11:10am!!!

Reactions: 1 user