Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what books we are going to be using for the first semester?

Members don't see this ad.

The email says we get those in August I believe.

Members don't see this ad :)
The email says we get those in August I believe.

Thank you. We need to fill in our UIN in the forms that we need to turn in, but I don't have my UIN yet, should I wait until I have my UIN to turn in those forms or just turn them in without my UIN? the e-mail said i need to turn in those forms as soon as possible.

I don't think there is that much rush... so what exactly are the required specs for the laptops... in the adobe attachments i have an introductory page and two flier recommended dealer pages. I think maybe they forgot to attach something.

Thank you. We need to fill in our UIN in the forms that we need to turn in, but I don't have my UIN yet, should I wait until I have my UIN to turn in those forms or just turn them in without my UIN? the e-mail said i need to turn in those forms as soon as possible.

yea, i too would like to know when we need to get the papers (residential forms/health/technology/notary stuff) in.

I have mailed in all the forms today. i bought a laptop last year, i think it meets all the requirement.

Just curious, what address did you guys use to send the computer use agreement to? I was looking around on the website but evidently couldn't find it.

Just curious, what address did you guys use to send the computer use agreement to? I was looking around on the website but evidently couldn't find it.

If you look at the section (in the email) where it states about the computer user agreement the address is listed there. You can also wait and take it to pre-oriantation June 27th.

Ahhh...duh that's what I get for forgetting about the e-mail itself. Thanks

Does anyone here currently attend Texas A&M pharm school? i just wanted to hear what they have to say about this school? i want to know wat to expect and if it's much harder than other schools in their opinion?? thanks

Hey more importantly out of all the questions!...

To those who are accepted, are we suppose to apply to A&M undergrad??!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard anything about applying to A&M undergrad. If we were required to, I'd assume we would've had to prior to applying to A&M HSC in similar fashion to SWOSU and UT Austin.

I just submitted my financial aid only a couple days ago so I'm still waiting ;)

I did the FAFSA a long time ago but after I went to the link on the email I see we have to send in an additional form... I guess nothing happens until you get that in.

I did the FAFSA a long time ago but after I went to the link on the email I see we have to send in an additional form... I guess nothing happens until you get that in.

can you please tell me what is that specific form?

Hi, I currently attend A&M and will be a P3 next year. I never get on here anymore, but just thought I would to see whats going on with you newbies coming in :) As far as your question goes, nah it's not too hard! The quantity can be overwhelming at times and you'll have a few mental breakdowns where you think it's not possible to do everything, but you always somehow find a way to make it work. The material should never been anything incomprehensible. You guys will be fineeeee, don't worry and congrats about getting in. We are all excited to have another class to hang out with.

I haven't heard anything about applying to A&M undergrad. If we were required to, I'd assume we would've had to prior to applying to A&M HSC in similar fashion to SWOSU and UT Austin.

Unlike those schools (well, UT anyway) the A&M pharmacy program is not part of the University, but rather the Health Science Center... making the admission process completely separate

Unlike those schools (well, UT anyway) the A&M pharmacy program is not part of the University, but rather the Health Science Center... making the admission process completely separate

There is no correlation. There are plenty of schools that have the pharmacy program as a part of the main university, but they don't require you to apply to both their undergraduate school and pharmacy school.

thanks man, i think ive completed most of the forms. i just cant decide to mail it in or take it with me to the first orientation

thanks man, i think ive completed most of the forms. i just cant decide to mail it in or take it with me to the first orientation

I sent mine all in by DHL except for the Computer Agreement. I will take this with me to the orientation.

I called FA after 2 weeks of no reply by e-mail. I spoke to someone there that had me fill out the Student Data form and a copy of my Drivers license.

I am trying to get as much done as I can.

Hi.

Does anyone here heard of Seville Apartments?

If so,
How does it compare to Javelena Station?
Quiet? Nicer?

Thanks

I've driven by before... you can take a look during orientation I guess... it doesn't have a good look about it to me...

...kind of an $8.88-a-night feel.

Hey there. Congrats on getting accepted into pharmacy school. Just wanted to let you know that I am a second year pharmacy student attending TAMHSC. If you have any questions regarding text book information for next year feel free to ask. Also, I might have some text books that you may need for your first year, if you are interested. Let me know. :D

Last edited:
Hey there. Congrats on getting accepted into pharmacy school. Just wanted to let you know that I am a second year pharmacy student attending TAMHSC. If you have any questions regarding text book information for next year feel free to ask. Also, I might have some text books that you may need for your first year, if you are interested. Let me know. :D
I think what's on most of our minds about textbooks is 1.) Which textbooks will the school want us to buy (since we haven't gotten a listing yet, and more importantly 2.) Which books do you actually use? Just hopping from post to post on SDN, it seems like there's maybe 2-3 books at most that students use, and the grand majority of our study material is going to come straight from the professor and from notes

Also, I hear Kingsville is getting an IHOP? ;)

--Garfield3d

The IHOP opened a couple of months ago... I ate there at least 3 times before I came home for the summer.

Anyone get the information yet about the pre-orientation meeting?

Has anyone hear about the Pre-Orientation yet?

In the e-mail, they said they'll e mail us early to mid-June, I believe and I haven't recieved anything from them yet.

Thanks

Has anyone hear about the Pre-Orientation yet?

In the e-mail, they said they'll e mail us early to mid-June, I believe and I haven't recieved anything from them yet.

Thanks

I haven't heard anything either.

Bobo, you live in houston? if you do just drive its not such a bad drive. :D

I received an e-mail from Dr. Robertson confirming the pre-orientation on June 27 from 10:00-2:pM we have to confirm our attendance by Wednesday June 25th.

I counted the number of email addresses in the "To" line on the email... about 84 students (I say "about" since I was too lazy to double count).

I counted the number of email addresses in the "To" line on the email... about 84 students (I say "about" since I was too lazy to double count).

Quick tip for counting stuff like this... You can copy and paste such lists into Excel to easily get the number. Doing that, I got 87.

Also, since this list wasn't BCC'd, you can all look forward to messages from me with subjects like "Fw:Re:Fw Bill Gates Is Sharing His Fortune!" :smuggrin:

Bobo, you live in houston? if you do just drive its not such a bad drive. :D

no, its really not a bad drive. but flying is cheaper.

southwest airlines has $29 one way tickets if ordered 21 days in advance.
it adds up to around 80 dollars for a round trip from hobby airport.

If you're looking at the CC'ed addresses to figure out how many have accepted so far, you'll have to add +1 for me. I contacted Dr. Robertson in advance concerning an awkward circumstance, so I did not receive that e-mail.

--Garfield3d

no, its really not a bad drive. but flying is cheaper.

southwest airlines has $29 one way tickets if ordered 21 days in advance.
it adds up to around 80 dollars for a round trip from hobby airport.

How are you getting around once you arrive?