Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You can fill out the information for FAFSA if you'd like. The important thing is to have the right school code, which is 004948. There will be information coming in the mail that will cover the information for FAFSA too, but it's pretty straightforward. If you want to get it over with now, feel free. Or, if you decided to wait for the mail, you won't be late for anything if you decide to wait that long.

--Garfield3d

I did mine, but if I messed up somehow I'm pretty sure I can correct it

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know if they had accepted all 90 cancidates for Class of 2012 already? I guess I have to wait till next year.:(

Has everyone received their UIN letter because I haven't received one yet...

Members don't see this ad :)
I got mine a couple days ago and activated the account. I'm guessing yours should be arriving shortly too?

Anyone know if they had accepted all 90 cancidates for Class of 2012 already? I guess I have to wait till next year.:(

I called a week ago because I just graduated and wanted to know if they needed my updated transcripts. I talked to an academic adviser and first wanted to know if he could tell me my wait-list status, which he couldn't. But I did ask if he knew how many spots were filled and he said they were about half full. This was a week ago so there is still hope. Good luck all and congrats to those who got in.

ABOUT HALF FULL?? you're kidding right? no way 50% of the students who got accepted first round declined? that's almost unbelievable!:eek:

That's what he told me, but then again this was coming from an academic adviser and not from an admissions committee member. So you may want to take it with a grain of salt.

WOW I would have thought they would be done with the class by now. Im glad this was my first and only choice and I got in. I wonder if all those that interviewed got in. It would be crazy if they had to go past those that interviewed.

I talked to the advisor about Javeline Station since i'm planning on living there. They have a wing dedicated just to pharmacy school students. and you can always request to stay with a student from your same class. i'm not sure how this would make for a noisy environment to study in. but i hope to see most of you guys at orientation so i can meet with people who might be interested in a roommate. if you guys are lookin for someone to room with at JS, just send me an email, [email protected]

Does anyone know when or if we can call to see where we are on the waitlist?? Or when we can call to see what we should do to improve for next year interviews?? Thanks!

does anyone know if are all the spots filled up yet?

I have a feeling that atleast 2 are open so don't lose hope

Members don't see this ad :)
WOW I would have thought they would be done with the class by now. Im glad this was my first and only choice and I got in. I wonder if all those that interviewed got in. It would be crazy if they had to go past those that interviewed.

There is going to be shuffling around all summer as people get into their "choice" schools, the one closer to home, etc, and drop out of TAMHSCILRCOP. I said it before but will repeat it those who might have missed it: They will be admitting people up until August so if you haven't gotten in yet, don't sweat it! You could be next...enjoy your summer. :smuggrin:

I got a call from Dr. Robertson about an hour ago. I got in! Whew.....

He also said that four others accepted today but that he was still only half full. So there you have it.

Jeez only half full? Lets just close up shop then, and move on with those of us who want to go here rather than people who may not be nearly as qualified and will take whatever they can get.

dr. robertson called me today. told him i already committed to another institution. hope that helps someone here. one more seat available.

Jeez only half full? Lets just close up shop then, and move on with those of us who want to go here rather than people who may not be nearly as qualified and will take whatever they can get.

This really doesn't make sense to me anyway. How can they be this far into May and have this many spots left open? They should start the process earlier in the future I would think. If this info is true I wouldn't be surpised if our actual class size ends up being the more traditional 70-80 (like the previous two classes).

In the Tech thread, they said that 25-30 were pulled off of the waitlist last year. That seems like a lot to me, but if it is true, then students are changing schools like crazy.

That is a really rude thing to say, who are you to judge whether or not the ones still hoping to get in are not qualified? It is possible that some people had a bad interview day, which is known to happen, or possible didn't write as great of an essay as the next person.

All 250 people were qualified to interview, which means something. I personally have not gotten in, and I would really love for you to tell me that I am less than qualified.

What about outside factors that come into play such as credit checks and residence.

It's nice that you got in, but what about when you were in the same boat as other waitlisters????? What then, would you find it fair to make the assumption you are making.

I agree, who are you to say this? From what I know of some wait listed individuals in real life, they are more qualified in terms of GPA, PCAT, and real interest than certain jokers who already got in somewhere.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, part of this process is luck and hitting it off with the interviewers. I'm willing to bet that I would not have gotten into A&M if I had the wrong set of interviewers.

I'm not attending A&M but that's pretty darn rude!! How did u get in cuz it seems that you have no regard for others!! EVERYONE has a shot of getting in and just because you make the alternate list doesn't make you less qualified than those who got in. I'm definitely going with utsatwirler and captainpicard on this one. Just be happy you got accepted and stop thinking ur better than those who didn't cuz ur not.

I'm not attending A&M but that's pretty darn rude!! How did u get in cuz it seems that you have no regard for others!! EVERYONE has a shot of getting in and just because you make the alternate list doesn't make you less qualified than those who got in. I'm definitely going with utsatwirler and captainpicard on this one. Just be happy you got accepted and stop thinking ur better than those who didn't cuz ur not.

I'm glad that others share my opinion... I am not one to trash talk someone, especially on the web, but I had to reply to his post..... it was extremely childish

Yes, it was a rather insensitive remark. Anyone who was offered an interview was considered qualified by the college. They're the ones who determine who among the applicants are qualified or not. Not anyone else. Unfortunately, the number of seats are limited so others have to wait a little longer. That's all there is to it.

Wow I didn't think it was that insensitive or rude of a comment but I apologize to those that I've offended. Didn't mean to sound like a jerk.

Looks at the sig. No wonder sa278 thinks that way.

He apologized. No need to create another controversy/drama.

utsatwirler, I'm rooting for you to get one of the remaining 50 spots. After reading how hard your parents seem to be on you, I really think that you deserve to get one.

Edit:
All of Jimminator21's posts on this board have been inflammatory, so I think it is safe to ignore him.

You are correct and I will take your advice, Knickerbocker.

I'm also rooting for you, utsatwirler.

You are correct and I will take your advice, Knickerbocker.

I'm also rooting for you, utsatwirler.

i'm rooting for you too!!! gooooooooo utsatwirler... we believe in you!!!

i'm rooting for you too!!! gooooooooo utsatwirler... we believe in you!!!

Thanks all of ya'll for your support! its really nice! I am still hoping that I get in somewhere! either at A&M or at UIW :D I am thinking maybe my interviews did not go as well as i thought. I actually really did not practice the interview questions b/c in my head if I did that and forgot mid sentence what i was going to say I would panic and not be able to get back on track.. Looking back I probably just should have browsed through them a little, but thats just part of life. We make mistakes, but being able to grow from them is the most important thing.

If nothing else at least I graduated with my BS in Biology with Honors. I can be happy about that.

My parents are being a little bit more supportive now, they are starting to realize that this is my life, and not theirs.

i have been catching up on reading these posts after being MIA for awhile... i am definitely rooting with utsatwirler.... just hang in there, keep optimistic and good will come unexpectedly before you know it.... there should be many spots still open. I know of several friends that have recently declined and opted for their first choice. :)

same goes for everyone who's still waiting to hear back as well!

Utsatwirler, you see you have so many people pulling for you! I am exactly in the same situation as you. I was quite confident that I would be accepted to both Texas A&M and UIW. When the date came around to send out acceptance letters, I got none. When the 2nd and 3rd rounds of acceptances were sent out for Texas A&M, I still was left waiting and extremely disappointed. I was dejected and felt embarrassed too because I was graduating but had no clear plan or course of action for my future. People were cheering me on and congratulating me about my graduation but I felt like a failure.

However come the day of my graduation, I saw all my supporters and all the love that was a constant around. I realized I was fortunate to have that and to then to quit sobbing and enjoy my current successes and to quit worrying so deeply about future intangible outcomes.

Right now I am continuing as though I will not get in this year. I have pharm tech job lined up, and plan to increase my PCAT score since it was a very mediocre 76. My GPA is 3.4 so I don't think I can improve much on that. So my advice is to move on with a course of action like you're not going to make it in this year. That way if you really don't get in this year, you'll have the mindset and blueprint to move on and improve your application to get in the following year. However if you do get the call for this year, that will just be the most rewarding experience ever =D Best of luck!

I just wanted to say hi to everyone and congrats to all.
Any of you girls that planning to live at Javalina Station and are interested in a roommate send me a message.

Utsatwirler, you see you have so many people pulling for you! I am exactly in the same situation as you. I was quite confident that I would be accepted to both Texas A&M and UIW. When the date came around to send out acceptance letters, I got none. When the 2nd and 3rd rounds of acceptances were sent out for Texas A&M, I still was left waiting and extremely disappointed. I was dejected and felt embarrassed too because I was graduating but had no clear plan or course of action for my future. People were cheering me on and congratulating me about my graduation but I felt like a failure.

However come the day of my graduation, I saw all my supporters and all the love that was a constant around. I realized I was fortunate to have that and to then to quit sobbing and enjoy my current successes and to quit worrying so deeply about future intangible outcomes.

Right now I am continuing as though I will not get in this year. I have pharm tech job lined up, and plan to increase my PCAT score since it was a very mediocre 76. My GPA is 3.4 so I don't think I can improve much on that. So my advice is to move on with a course of action like you're not going to make it in this year. That way if you really don't get in this year, you'll have the mindset and blueprint to move on and improve your application to get in the following year. However if you do get the call for this year, that will just be the most rewarding experience ever =D Best of luck!

Also, if you don't have any community service or group involvement, try to get into something of that nature. I remember talking a lot about my community service and it seemed to impress the interviewers. Pharmacy experience also wouldn't be a bad idea, whether its shadowing a pharmacist or working with one. hope this helps!!

Also, if you don't have any community service or group involvement, try to get into something of that nature. I remember talking a lot about my community service and it seemed to impress the interviewers. Pharmacy experience also wouldn't be a bad idea, whether its shadowing a pharmacist or working with one. hope this helps!!

If may 19th rolls around and i still havent heard anything at least from UIW (thats when they are either sending out their second round acceptances or we are getting them that day.. not too sure) then I am going to plan as if I was not getting in anywhere. I am taking summer I (statistics) so I am really not going to be active about finding a job until after that is over b/c it is from 230 to 4 M-F (only time are teaching it), but I am just really praying it will not come down to that.

Again, Thanks all yall for the support! even though we dont know eachother out of here (yet) it is still nice to talk to people that have the same interests in their career field and get such good advice!

I agree, they were really big on community involvement in my interview more so than pharmacy experience. However, they give you extra points in their overall scoring of you if you have worked in a pharmacy. They give extra points for a LOT of things, so if you are SERIOUS about coming here you should look into it for next year. Good luck guys!

any girls looking for a roomate? :] since JS seems to be the popular place to live, i'm looking into living there, but willing to consider other places. let me know if anyone's interested!

Coming off the waitlist on April 24th, I received my UIN via mail on May 14.

I also received an e-mail this afternoon with several document attachments. It seems that we are to print and mail them in (I had expected them to send this through snail-mail instead of e-mail), although the Computer Use and Agreement form can be turned in at the first orientation.

The e-mail also notes the date of our orientations. The first one is June 27, a Friday from 10AM-2PM. The latter orientation comes on August 14 and 15. Classes begin on August 18. Each orientation will have a confirmation e-mail several weeks beforehand that we will have to respond to. The first orientation will include things such as fitting us for our white coats, information on health insurance, and immunization information.

Of particular note is that each orientation is being described as mandatory. Whether or not there is any wiggle-room for this, I'm not certain. When I talked to Dr. Robertson, he seemed reluctant but okay about me missing the first orientation, but much more concerned and stern about missing the second orientation.

Anyho, I imagine the e-mails will be going out throughout the day (as with all of our other e-mails that seem to come in small batches).

--Garfield3d

hey guys, I just wanted to let all of you know that I was accepted into UIW pharmacy program. I would have loved to have been a part of A&M's as well but I guess that just wasn't in my plan. Thanks everyone for rooting for me to get into a program... I am truly blessed to have had the opportunity to meet such nice people on here, and I hope that we can still keep in contact although we are going to different schools.

hey guys, I just wanted to let all of you know that I was accepted into UIW pharmacy program. I would have loved to have been a part of A&M's as well but I guess that just wasn't in my plan. Thanks everyone for rooting for me to get into a program... I am truly blessed to have had the opportunity to meet such nice people on here, and I hope that we can still keep in contact although we are going to different schools.
Hey! I've been watching your posts. :) I'm happy that you got in!

For anyone that's looking into laptops, there's been a few notebook deals online as of lately, though there's probably going to be more deeper into the summer. To compare: The Lenovo that's offered through the school costs a base of $1154.54 (before adding on all the accessories). You can get the same T61 online right now for $910 and, if the e-coupon still works, use USPSAVEMORENOW and then save 10% to pull it down to $819 (the one online is actually a better laptop since it has a slightly faster processor). Then, if you're handy with a screwdriver and manuals, you can buy the 2GB online from somewhere like Fry's or Newegg for about $20-40 (the Lenovo upgrade is $61).

So, there's a ton of price bloat buying through the school for a laptop that's slightly outdated from what you can get online.

--Garfield3d

For anyone that's looking into laptops, there's been a few notebook deals online as of lately, though there's probably going to be more deeper into the summer. To compare: The Lenovo that's offered through the school costs a base of $1154.54 (before adding on all the accessories). You can get the same T61 online right now for $910 and, if the e-coupon still works, use USPSAVEMORENOW and then save 10% to pull it down to $819 (the one online is actually a better laptop since it has a slightly faster processor). Then, if you're handy with a screwdriver and manuals, you can buy the 2GB online from somewhere like Fry's or Newegg for about $20-40 (the Lenovo upgrade is $61).

So, there's a ton of price bloat buying through the school for a laptop that's slightly outdated from what you can get online.

--Garfield3d

Do you think a 1.6GHz/500Mb RAM laptop will be ok?

well it depends what operating system you have, if its vista then yes that is low, if its xp, then it might be ok, but I think 1gig is the minimum