Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn't receive a reply either. If you are worried I would just call the school and verify that they received your confirmation.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks! I guess we don't receive any replys. Good luck to all!

For those of you that requested for a change in interview dates, I got a response by email today from Dr. Robertson.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you that requested for a change in interview dates, I got a response by email today from Dr. Robertson.

positive response? Did they allow you to change the date?

i just got a phone call from A&M to confirm my interview date

Thanks! I guess we don't receive any replys. Good luck to all!
hey guys...just wanted to let you all know that i received a courtesy call from A&M confirming my scheduled interview date. i guess they are calling instead of e-mailing your confirmation.

Hey guys!!
i got an interview on 5th March ... i know they have a writing part and i was just wondering if you guys have an idea of what kind of topics they ask about?

what hotels are people staying at in kingsville?

really? hmmmm, i didn't receive any phone calls. what shall i do?

i'm staying at motel 6. my bf stayed there for his med school interview and said it was fine. i think they provide you with free breakfast.

Here is a list of the hotels in Kingsville that do not scare me:
Motel 6
Super 8
Best Western
Comfort Inn
Hampton Inn
Holiday Inn Express

For my interview I stayed at the Super 8 (which is right by the Motel 6). It was alright, enough to get me by. For pre-orientation I was at the Best Western, which was also ok. The Holiday Inn Express is new, it opened about 2-3 months ago, and is near the IHOP. The Hampton Inn is also nice but probably the most expensive of all the hotels. The list of hotels are all right off 77 and fairly easy to get to. The Motel 6, Super 8, and Best Western are all around King Ave. If you take this it is a pretty straight shot to the school. I would assume most if not all have some form of a "continental breakfast" (I remember the Super 8 and Best Western breakfast was not all that great and ended at around 8 or 9 am.). You may want to check out Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com or some other travel website to get more information about ammenities and prices. Just be aware also Kingsville has a Naval Air Station, which means planes flying all the time, even at night, for all you light slepers.

i'm staying at motel 6. my bf stayed there for his med school interview and said it was fine. i think they provide you with free breakfast.

I wanted to make sure that everyone knew where the school is. Kingsville is about an hour south of Corpus Christi and no where near College Station or the main campus of Texas A&M. Kingsville is a small town of ~25,000 people (although that's a pretty generous estimate). If you are from Houston, Dallas, or other more populated areas of Texas, be prepared for a little culture shock.

Also as a suggestion, those of you who can make the time to check out apartment complexes while you are here that would probably be wise as the town is small and housing be hard to come by if you wait. Javelina Station is very close to campus and is where a majority of the Pharmacy Students live (I think they have a building or two dedicate for pharmacy students). There is also Apple Creek, Hunter's Cove, The Courts of Las Palmas, and Kingsville Pointe among other apartment complexes here in the area. You will just have to make the time to look around. Hope this helps.

I actually haven't really noticed the planes from the Naval Air Station. There is the train that runs by, but that doesn't really bother me either. I am, however, a pretty heavy sleeper.

Hey guys!!
i got an interview on 5th March ... i know they have a writing part and i was just wondering if you guys have an idea of what kind of topics they ask about?

You basically draw your writing topic from a hat. You have 30 minutes to write your essay, and last year we had to write it out via paper and pencil. The topics generally aren't tricky. Most of them from last year were character questions where you get to explain your motivations and perspectives on pharmacy school. I don't think they usually do situational questions, although you never know.

really? hmmmm, i didn't receive any phone calls. what shall i do?

To reiterate what Donkey said, the Texas A&M College of Pharmacy located at a different site than where the Texas A&M College of Medicine. The College of Pharmacy is located in Kingsville, TX (SW of Corpus Christi). On the other hand, The College of Medicine has two programs: 1.) Temple, TX (NE of Austin), and 2.) College Station/Bryan (north of Houston).

--Garfield3d

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually haven't really noticed the planes from the Naval Air Station. There is the train that runs by, but that doesn't really bother me either. I am, however, a pretty heavy sleeper.

You basically draw your writing topic from a hat. You have 30 minutes to write your essay, and last year we had to write it out via paper and pencil. The topics generally aren't tricky. Most of them from last year were character questions where you get to explain your motivations and perspectives on pharmacy school. I don't think they usually do situational questions, although you never kn

To reiterate what Donkey said, the Texas A&M College of Pharmacy located at a different site than where the Texas A&M College of Medicine. The College of Pharmacy is located in Kingsville, TX (SW of Corpus Christi). On the other hand, The College of Medicine has two programs: 1.) Temple, TX (NE of Austin), and 2.) College Station/Bryan (north of Houston).

--Garfield3d
Thanks Garfield....that really helps :)

Never expected to be interviewed by four people. All in all, I think it went well.

I stayed in Corpus so I couldn't recommend any hotels. Hopefully someone else can give you some better feedback. Otherwise, I would stick with the list that talkingdonkey recommended.

Never expected to be interviewed by four people. All in all, I think it went well.
Oh my gosh! Four people?! Did they pretty much take turns asking you specific questions? How was the atmosphere like?

It was a barrage of questions coming from each one. They would ask a question and then depending on my response they would ask the next question. Initially, I was extremely intimidated but after answering a couple of generic questions I felt fairly comfortable. I would stick to their website when it comes to possible questions but be aware that they will feed on your responses.

Despite the four interviewers the entire process was laid back. The campus is very nice and the faculty definitely make you feel welcome. It was also a very quick interview process when compared to Tech which lasted 8 hours. Good luck on everyone's upcoming interview.

It was a barrage of questions coming from each one...Good luck on everyone's upcoming interview.
Four interviewers sound intimidating to me, but if I get a lot of feedback from them it should be okay. It's better than being asked a lot of questions from a list and not getting any sort of response except to go to the next question. :) Was it only 2 hours long? Anyway, thanks TTUMike.

Four interviewers sound intimidating to me, but if I get a lot of feedback from them it should be okay. It's better than being asked a lot of questions from a list and not getting any sort of response except to go to the next question. :) Was it only 2 hours long? Anyway, thanks TTUMike.

There is some variation in interviewing. Last year, I was told that some people had 3 or 4 interviewers, while others only had two. I personally only had two, and they didn't ask me anything particularly difficult.

Last year during the q&a session with a p3 a girl who got interviewed by the law professor got really intimidated. He asked a bunch of ethical questions and what if sits....I hope I do not get him lol:xf:

It was around 2 hours long.

How unprofessional would it be if I emailed/called today and declined my interview for Thursday? I've gotten into two other schools and there's almost no chance I'll choose A&M over them. Would I seem like an ass for canceling last minute? I really don't want to drive 430 miles to get there lol.

OMG! that does sound very intimidating :scared:

It actually varies. I had three interviewers and some I heard had two.
Its not that bad, they try to help you out. The interview was more like a conversation with three guys.

How unprofessional would it be if I emailed/called today and declined my interview for Thursday? I've gotten into two other schools and there's almost no chance I'll choose A&M over them. Would I seem like an ass for canceling last minute? I really don't want to drive 430 miles to get there lol.

Let them know immediately, it is the professional thing to do if you know you will not attend. Maybe they can offer a last minute spot for someone else.

Please call as soon as possible. Last year there were approximately 600 applicants that met the minimum qualifications. Of that 250 were interviewed and 87 accepted. This year of the 250 interviewees only 15 declined the interview. It would be the professional thing to call Dr. Robertson tell him your situation and allow another deserving student the opportunity to interview.

Congratulations on your acceptances elsewhere and good luck.

It actually varies. I had three interviewers and some I heard had two.
Its not that bad, they try to help you out. The interview was more like a conversation with three guys.

thanks! that doesn't sound too bad... i hope :]

I don't know how often they ask this question at the interviews, but I was wondering...to those who have interviewed...what did you say when they asked you why you want to go to ILR College of Pharmacy?

Please call as soon as possible. Last year there were approximately 600 applicants that met the minimum qualifications. Of that 250 were interviewed and 87 accepted. This year of the 250 interviewees only 15 declined the interview. It would be the professional thing to call Dr. Robertson tell him your situation and allow another deserving student the opportunity to interview.

Congratulations on your acceptances elsewhere and good luck.

Thanks for all of your info, it was helpful. Hopefully I let them know in time for someone to get my interview spot.

No because I did the same thing, sorry I read this post way late lol

thank u for cancelling! if u did.. cuz i got a call that due to some cancellations i have a chance for an interview on thursday! im sure its prob u so thank u, thank u!!

thank u for cancelling! if u did.. cuz i got a call that due to some cancellations i have a chance for an interview on thursday! im sure its prob u so thank u, thank u!!

Yes I did cancel my interview and its good to hear that someone got my spot. Hopefully I left you some time to prepare for the interview. Good luck with everything and congrats on getting the interview!

Hi guyz just interviewed at A and M it was awesome, I had three interviewers, it wasnt intimidating at all. I love the school hate the town (sorry I couldn't bring my self to call it a city :D)

Just emailed Mr. Robertson about my cancellation for Friday's interview. Hope it isn't too late for someone else to take my spot!

got back in town at 9pm tonight...wheeww...that was a long drive...the interview was surprisingly very laid back. They were very organized and the bottle of waters were a nice touch. :) I was so parched with my Tech interview this past February that I was happy to be able to carry a bottle of water! Anyway, thanks for all the advice. It helped me mentally prepare to have three people interviewing me. Good luck on everyone!

I stayed at Super 8. What about you? Did you go to your interview this afternoon? Congrats on your acceptance...i see the change of status...where did you get accepted?

Hey! I stayed at the comfort inn.i loved the hotel! it was worth the $70..i think i saw your 2:30 group..i was in the "fish bowl" waiting till 4..i interviewed at wingate in nc on friday and was accepted on monday..they are pretty quick. they send out all letters that afternoon of the interview.. i really like the school but i really love a&m..tough decision and plus they dont send out letters till the first week in april and i have till march 27th to pay my $2000 :(:(:(deposit at wingate...i got back home around 9:30 i am pooped..

Hey! I stayed at the comfort inn.i loved the hotel! it was worth the $70..i think i saw your 2:30 group..i was in the "fish bowl" waiting till 4..i interviewed at wingate in nc on friday and was accepted on monday..they are pretty quick. they send out all letters that afternoon of the interview.. i really like the school but i really love a&m..tough decision and plus they dont send out letters till the first week in april and i have till march 27th to pay my $2000 :(:(:(deposit at wingate...i got back home around 9:30 i am pooped..
I should have gone to the comfort inn. It was about the same price and my super 8 motel room kinda creeped me out. :) I only saw three people sitting at the "fish bowl" when our group was being taken to our interviews.

$2000 is pretty steep. Good luck! :)

So you guys were impressed by A&M too? I have to admit, I didn't have a great opinion before yesterday, but the whole process, the faculty/staff, and interview and all left a very positive impression on me. I loved the school itself. Too bad I can't take the school and transport it to austin...haha.. but I guess the town probably grows on you after a while.

I'm glad I had an afternoon interview, I was able to make it out there and come back all in one day, so I didn't have to stay in any of those scary looking motels. Driving 7 hours in the rain did kind of suck though.

Wow, its good to hear a lot of people enjoyed their interview process. Personally, I had a very negative view of A&M, and not just because of the location. The three men who interviewed me were unwelcoming and never cracked a smile or even a glint of excitement at my accomplishments. In contrast, the interviewers at UT and Houston were extremely friendly and seemed really excited about my work. Others of you have said how friendly the staff was, so either a) I got stuck with very serious interviewers and/or b) I'm just not what they're looking for. Who knows?

Either way, good luck to the rest of you

I got interviewed by 4 people, one p3 student and three other faculty memebers. I don't really like the P3 student, he kept firing hard to answer questions at me, never smiled and didn't seem to care about my answers or things I have done. Afterall, it was a ok interview.
The school and people are really nice. I personally think it is a great school to attend. The town itself seems small and boring.
It was really windy on the day I was there. I hope it is not a everyday thing.

i had my interview on thursday and i was skeptical at first because of the location of the school but the staff was so friendly there that it is definitely an option for me if i get accepted. i had to do a writing portion first which was 20 mins long and pretty simple. then the interview was with 3 diff faculty members and the interview went really well and i was really excited about the school afterwards. we have to wait til the first week of april to hear a response and we have 2 weeks to accept their offer.. good luck to everyone!

a question off topic...
how do you get your stats to come up automatically on each message? i dont see the option..

I got interviewed by 4 people, one p3 student and three other faculty memebers. I don't really like the P3 student, he kept firing hard to answer questions at me, never smiled and didn't seem to care about my answers or things I have done. Afterall, it was a ok interview.
The school and people are really nice. I personally think it is a great school to attend. The town itself seems small and boring.
It was really windy on the day I was there. I hope it is not a everyday thing.

i think we might have had the same p3 student interview us! he was definitely like a robot

a question off topic...
how do you get your stats to come up automatically on each message? i dont see the option..

It should be the "edit your signature" option, once you get to your account page.

just curious were any of you...garfield3d, captainpicard, talkingdonkey, at the Q&A session around 4ish on 3/12?