Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if they are sending out acceptances based on interview dates..or just randomly?

Members don't see this ad.

CONGRATS EVERYONE! I hope they are still in the process of sending out acceptances.

When did you guys interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview was on March 6th.

Yay, I got accepted, OMG, SUCH A FREAKING MONKEY OFF MY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats everyone =D =D =D =D =D

P.S. on my acceptance letter, it said "Your admission is contingent upon (1)
maintaining or improving your present grade point average in the pre-pharmacy course requirements.."

What does this mean? Did anyone else get this? Does this mean the GPA when we applied and its different for everyone?

my interview was on march 12.

as for the gpa maintenance, i'm thinking that as long as you don't fail any classes, you'll be fine. And the letter is probably referring to the GPA we used when we applied which is different for each person

Got accepted today but am worrying that I have to decide so quickly. Does anyone know if they offer deadline extensions for decisions???:confused:

Does anyone know if they are still sending acceptance letters out?

are you guyz receiving the emails just right now?

Hey I got my acceptance letter too! It came in at 5:01 pm central. I'm excited but a bit put off by the April 16th acceptance deadline... gives me almost no chance to hear from the other schools I interviewed at. Not that I don't like the school, it's just really far away. Either way, it's exciting :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted!!! Received the e-mail at 5:03 pm today! Now I have to make a decison...o btw I interviewed the 13th. GL to everyone else and congrats to all those who heard :thumbup:

Yay, I got an acceptance letter too! =) Congrats to everyone that got in!

First-time poster, but one addictive reader on the SDN forums. :)

With my very first post, I would like to say that I have been accepted as well! :D Congrats to everyone that have been accepted, and for the rest who are waiting, keep your hopes up.

I interviewed on March 19th and received the letter today with a time-stamp of 5:17PM.

@glory4england - NO MORE MONKEY! WOO HOO!

ACCEPTED!!

I interviewed on March 6th, my email was time stamped 5:54pm Central.

Congrats to everyone else!!

From the looks of it, it appears all the acceptance letters have been e-mailed out today.

gosh, this is getting me very nervous because people that have interviewed as late as march 13th are receiving their acceptance letters already...

gosh, this is getting me very nervous because people that have interviewed as late as march 13th are receiving their acceptance letters already...
No kidding! Hopefully, they will send out more acceptance letters tomorrow. This whole waiting and not knowing thing is bad for my heart lol.

well...i didn't get anything today. i wonder what that's all about. :) i didn't think i bombed my interview. I actually felt really good about it but maybe i just didn't know "how to clean the swimming pool very well." ha ha ha! anyway, congratulations everyone! I'm very happy for those of you who have gotten accepted today! Good luck to everyone else! I guess Texas Tech will be it for me, for now....

:xf: but i still have UT...then, we'll see...

so all the acceptance letters have been emailed? or there would be more?

my interview was march 12 i believe..the thursday before spring break started. time stamp on the email was 5:43 P.M. the time stamp on my invitation for the interview was nearly identical, 5:41 P.M.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT ARE STILL AWAITING LETTERS! don't lose hope, i know a few people that will be turning down TAMU so there will be some slots that will become available!

So, do they send you a letter letting you know you didn't get in as well? And is that all the letters that are going out?

So, do they send you a letter letting you know you didn't get in as well? And is that all the letters that are going out?

Nope! They do not send out rejection letters ever until the first day of class. I believe you could call Dr. Robertson though to ask him where you are on the waiting list. I think that's what some past students were able to do.

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! I'm a bit bummed, but I still hope to hear from Dr. Robertson sometime this month or the next month!

Hey, congratulations to everyone that got the acceptance e-mail / letters! In addition to receiving an e-mail, you guys should be getting a FedEx envelope with an official acceptance letter and an item or two for you to send back.

As for whether or not all of the letters have gone out, I personally don't know that one.

As for those that didn't get anything yet, things must be a little anxious and dejected right now. However, last year we had quite a number of people come off the wait-list, and for our class, it took them about 3 weeks before they started to fill spots from the wait-list (2 weeks to wait for acceptance letters + 1 week). If you come off the wait-list, usually they'll give you a phone call personally, in addition to the e-mail and the FedEx. I suppose the phone call is to check on your plans for the semester since it's later in the game and people may have moved on with other plans by then.

--Garfield3d

I'm a bit bummed, but I still hope to hear from Dr. Robertson sometime this month or the next month!

Well I have a decision to make, I have been accepted to two great schools. There will be people that accept other schools so keep your heads up

Last edited:
so all the acceptance letters have been emailed? or there would be more?

I just called the school, I spoke with a lady from admissions, she said that 90 acceptances were mailed out, but not to lose hope because there will be people who won't accept and the school will proceed to do what the aforementioned post said. But that's really discouraging because 90/250 leaves 160 of us left waiting. I don't know where I stand in the ranking. I bet more or less than 20 people will decline because they probably also got accepted to other schools that aren't as far so thats a 20/160 chance or 1:8. So on the upside, at least I still have a chance because I'm on a constant wait list. I hate playing the waiting game. good luck everyone and congrats to everyone who was accepted!

I just called the school, I spoke with a lady from admissions, she said that 90 acceptances were mailed out, but not to lose hope because there will be people who won't accept and the school will proceed to do what the aforementioned post said. But that's really discouraging because 90/250 leaves 160 of us left waiting. I don't know where I stand in the ranking. I bet more or less than 20 people will decline because they probably also got accepted to other schools that aren't as far so thats a 20/160 chance or 1:8. So on the upside, at least I still have a chance because I'm on a constant wait list. I hate playing the waiting game. good luck everyone and congrats to everyone who was accepted!
Did they by any chance give you a number on where you are at on the waitlist?

I have kind of good news for you guys. I just e-mail Ms. Gonzalez and she states that they are still sending out acceptance letters today so don't lose hope *crosses finger*. Here is the e-mail in case anyone finds it helpful.
Good Afternoon:
We are currently still sending out our acceptance letter notifications, until this is complete we have no order of a "wait list". As we are going down the list, and declines are being received, we will then wait and send another batch of notifications out. Please note that notifications are continuous for the next two weeks and then we continue on until the end of April. I hope this helps, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Good Luck,
oh and btw this was timestamped at 12:03 p.m. central time in case thats useful as well.

Hm, I called the school and they said they just started doing acceptance letters yesterday afternoon and that they're not done. They don't do it in bulk and go down a list (each taking about half an hour to complete). So, for those of us waiting, there's still hope.

Yep, I am in for another day of constant e-mail refreshing lol. I'd rather be anxious for an e-mail versus feeling down about not getting one.

Does anyone live here or near here? What do you think of Kingsville? Does anyone commute from Corpus to Kingsville for school?

Does anyone live here or near here? What do you think of Kingsville? Does anyone commute from Corpus to Kingsville for school?

I currently teach at TAMU- Corpus Christi, and the fastest route from here to Kingsville is Chapman Ranch Road, which takes about 45 minutes (doing the speed limit). A commute is feasible though, our Laboratory Coordinator here lives in Kingsville and makes the drive everyday. Personally, I would rather live in Corpus than Kingsville but I wouldn't be willing to make the commute.

I have kind of good news for you guys. I just e-mail Ms. Gonzalez and she states that they are still sending out acceptance letters today so don't lose hope *crosses finger*. Here is the e-mail in case anyone finds it helpful.
Good Afternoon:
We are currently still sending out our acceptance letter notifications, until this is complete we have no order of a “wait list”. As we are going down the list, and declines are being received, we will then wait and send another batch of notifications out. Please note that notifications are continuous for the next two weeks and then we continue on until the end of April. I hope this helps, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Good Luck,
oh and btw this was timestamped at 12:03 p.m. central time in case thats useful as well.

Thanks, I didn't have the courage to ask what my rank was, but nice to know!

I currently teach at TAMU- Corpus Christi, and the fastest route from here to Kingsville is Chapman Ranch Road, which takes about 45 minutes (doing the speed limit). A commute is feasible though, our Laboratory Coordinator here lives in Kingsville and makes the drive everyday. Personally, I would rather live in Corpus than Kingsville but I wouldn't be willing to make the commute.

Thanks. I'd rather live in Corpus too and I don't mind driving... it's just buying gas that I mind. Kingsville itself seems kind of... lame. Idk maybe I'll like it though.

I drove from the Corpus Christi airport to the school, it was a fairly easy and quick drive (no traffic!!!). I took 77. Plus during the interview day, we met a P1 who does live in Corpus and makes the commute, so its feasible.

I'm guessing they don't send anything on weekends?

They called me yesterday but I was playing golf so I didn't get the message until after 5pm. I am assuming they want to find out soon who is either accepting or not. That way they can continue to send out acceptances. For all those waiting I would not lose hope. I intend on declining my acceptance on Monday despite being extremely impressed with their program. That is one more spot for some lucky individual.

They called me yesterday but I was playing golf so I didn't get the message until after 5pm. I am assuming they want to find out soon who is either accepting or not. That way they can continue to send out acceptances. For all those waiting I would not lose hope. I intend on declining my acceptance on Monday despite being extremely impressed with their program. That is one more spot for some lucky individual.

thanks! congrats on TTU! :)

is it better decline through email or on the phone?

is it better decline through email or on the phone?

I would probably do both, just to cover your bases and be sure. The messages do not have to be terribly long, so don't worry about losing time on sending a message about declining the invitation.

If I had to choose one to do, I'd go with the e-mail since written communication is more permanent and the two of you can always refer to the e-mail to retrace your steps if there is some confusion.

Thanks. I'd rather live in Corpus too and I don't mind driving... it's just buying gas that I mind. Kingsville itself seems kind of... lame. Idk maybe I'll like it though.

We have several students in our class that commute from other towns. I know one of them drives for over an hour to class everyday, and Kingsville is a commuter school (which is a euphemism for needing to drive a lot to get to class). Personally, I appreciate the time saved by living in Kingsville, but I'll be first to agree that the town in Kingsville is not exactly an, uh, affluent part of the country.

On average, the drive from Kingsville to Corpus Christi takes me about 30 minutes. Driving through Driscoll is going to slow you down, especially if you hit the school lights, but it is quite doable.

--Garfield3d

So I didnt get an acceptance :(. This is my number 1 chioce and one of my last chances to get into Pharm school this year. Can any of you P1s give those of us that didnt hear anything a little bit of insight on how the rest of the whole process is from here on out? Garfield3d?

How many people usually decline their acceptances? How deep into the wait list does the school usually go? When is the latest anyone found out last year?

I have this bad feeling that they already gave out all 90 acceptances and our only hope is to wait for people to decline them. Im so sad :(.

So I didnt get an acceptance :(. This is my number 1 chioce and one of my last chances to get into Pharm school this year. Can any of you P1s give those of us that didnt hear anything a little bit of insight on how the rest of the whole process is from here on out? Garfield3d?

How many people usually decline their acceptances? How deep into the wait list does the school usually go? When is the latest anyone found out last year?

I have this bad feeling that they already gave out all 90 acceptances and our only hope is to wait for people to decline them. Im so sad :(.

From hereon out, it's going to be a waiting game. As CaptainPicard mentioned, acceptances may still be trickling out, but over the course of weeks and then months, people will be coming off the wait list as the school assesses which students are taking acceptances and which ones are going elsewhere.

Last year, they started pulling from the wait list 3 weeks after sending out the original batch of acceptances. If you get pulled off the wait list, then they will probably give you a phone call first (and will probably call you again later or leave a message if you do not pick up). So, if you get a phone call from an area code 361 number, then it's probably going to be good news! At least, I can't imagine why they would call you for any other reason....

Unless they have changed their process from last year, they will not be telling you where you are on the wait list.

As for denials, Texas A&M does not send out denial letters. Technically, anyone who interviewed is going to be on the wait list. Last year, they started pulling people off the wait list towards the end of April, and I heard that a handful of people received invitations in late June and July as some students elected not to attend Texas A&M.

In reality, there is still going to be a bit of work to be done before they round out the class of 2013. I imagine that several of the students that received acceptances will be going to Texas Tech, UT-Austin, UH, or UIW instead. Yes, in this stage of the game you really should have a contingency plan developed in case you don't get in. However, judging from last year, there will be a good amount of people who will come off the wait list, so while considering the possibilities and your options, don't lose sight of the fact that, judging from last year, it's still very much possible that you could come off the wait list.

--Garfield3d

I would probably do both, just to cover your bases and be sure. The messages do not have to be terribly long, so don't worry about losing time on sending a message about declining the invitation.

If I had to choose one to do, I'd go with the e-mail since written communication is more permanent and the two of you can always refer to the e-mail to retrace your steps if there is some confusion.

We have several students in our class that commute from other towns. I know one of them drives for over an hour to class everyday, and Kingsville is a commuter school (which is a euphemism for needing to drive a lot to get to class). Personally, I appreciate the time saved by living in Kingsville, but I'll be first to agree that the town in Kingsville is not exactly an, uh, affluent part of the country.

On average, the drive from Kingsville to Corpus Christi takes me about 30 minutes. Driving through Driscoll is going to slow you down, especially if you hit the school lights, but it is quite doable.

--Garfield3d

Hey Garfield, I'm thinking of just renting an apartment in Kingsville because it would be more convenient for me plus if Corpus is only half an hour away i can always drive there for entertainment and stuff. Do you have a recommendation for apartments? I tried looking online at like rent.com and just googling, but their information is really scattered and there are not much concrete information.

And for our first year, are there alot of printing necessary? And do you recommend buying a laser printer or will the school have printing available?

i also got a phone call the day after they sent the email. they were calling to ask if i would be accepting the invite or needed more time to decide. so they are working diligently to try to send more info out to those still waiting.

i know a couple of P1's and spoke with them the day before my interview. with housing, they recommended that i stay at the one by the field (javelina something..) but its where most of the entering class stay. they told me it'd give me a chance to bond with classmates, and then find a better place after the first year. another benefit is that by then, you'd make good friends and can choose new roommates if you want.

Hey folks, I just found this web sight and I think its great. I wish I had found it before now!!!!!!

I have a question for you all. Has anyone else interviewed with Incarnate Word University in San Antonio? The interviews were not in faculty offices, they were in little exam rooms, no windows, really small, with 3 of us crammed in it (me and the two professors). I have only interviewed there and Kingsville (A&M. Was it weird or am I just claustrophobic? The people were nice, but it felt weird.

Does anyone know when they start sending acceptances?