Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just curious were any of you...garfield3d, captainpicard, talkingdonkey, at the Q&A session around 4ish on 3/12?

Nope, none of us were at the Q&A on 3/12. I was at a Q&A session in the morning of 3/6. Other that, I have only had short, flippant conversations with random people walking by and anyone who entered the classroom during lunch that one day.

How was your Q&A session, anyho?

--Garfield3d

Members don't see this ad.

Orgo:

I think we had the same interviewing panel. I felt that I started off really strong, but not a sign of emotion in any of the three. It was discouraging.
I had mixed feelings at my interview because everyone was extremely courteous and nice, but then, I entered the interview room. Oh man.

Orgo:

I think we had the same interviewing panel. I felt that I started off really strong, but not a sign of emotion in any of the three. It was discouraging.
I had mixed feelings at my interview because everyone was extremely courteous and nice, but then, I entered the interview room. Oh man.

Yeah it was rough. However, I talked to some current pharmacy students and they claimed those specific profs are just plain COLD. Still, it was hard to write them the thank-you email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it was rough. However, I talked to some current pharmacy students and they claimed those specific profs are just plain COLD. Still, it was hard to write them the thank-you email.

HAHA ok. We definitely had the same panel. The questions were tough, and their apathetic behavior was not very motivating. However, I understand that they were most likely tired. I did ask a pharmacy student about them, and the pharmacy student said that they are actually very nice! They are very caring with the students, especially concerning academics.
I still hold some hope that maybe they will see my composure and my answers of my experience to be professional. We'll see!

Last edited:
HAHA ok. We definitely had the same panel. They were profs. I agree with your last statement. The questions were tough, and their apathetic behavior was not very motivating. However, I understand that they were most likely tired. I did ask a pharmacy student about them, and the pharmacy student said that they are actually very nice! They are very caring with the students, especially concerning academics.
I honestly do not think I will be accepted after that interview process, but I still hold some hope that maybe they will see my composure and my answers of my experience to be professional. We'll see!

man that sounds so intimidating. :scared:

man that sounds so intimidating. :scared:

No, no! :) The faculty and the students are very nice. During the whole process, they are constantly giving you advice to do well in the interview and MOST people have a great interviewing panel! I had a great interviewing panel, also, but they were just not very easy to impress. The questions were tough, but during the whole interviewing process, people are very nice and supporting. :)

Best of luck at your interview! :xf:

No, no! :) The faculty and the students are very nice. During the whole process, they are constantly giving you advice to do well in the interview and MOST people have a great interviewing panel! I had a great interviewing panel, also, but they were just not very easy to impress. The questions were tough, but during the whole interviewing process, people are very nice and supporting. :)

Best of luck at your interview! :xf:

Thank you!! :)

How was your Q&A session, anyho?

--Garfield3d
It was very informal and relaxed. The three students that were there were very informative and helpful. It seems that everyone has adjusted fairly well with living in Kingsville. I'm actually going to e-mail one of them who offered to give me some more information about renting a house. I want to go ahead and start looking just in case I get in. :D

Acceptance letters will be emailed in the first week of April! Oh man, I am so nervous! :scared:

Good luck to everybody! :xf: Kingsville is a great school. The thought of not receiving the acceptance mail is a bit terrifying. :scared:
Again, best wishes! :luck:

Remember! If you get an acceptance letter by e-mail on April 1st, it's not an April fools joke! :luck::luck::luck::luck: :xf::xf::xf:

Last edited:
playing the patience is a virtue game sux,...im not that great at it lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Remember! If you get an acceptance letter by e-mail on April 1st, it's not an April fools joke! :luck::luck::luck::luck: :xf::xf::xf:

You know, last year they were a day late on getting out the first round of acceptances. If that happens this time around, that would be one hell of a April 1st.

Less than a week left now though. Time sure flies doesn't it? Er, no?

--Garfield3d

You know, last year they were a day late on getting out the first round of acceptances. If that happens this time around, that would be one hell of a April 1st.

--Garfield3d

BUT one week seems really long!!...wish there was a way to fast forward to april :xf:

--Garfield3d
hahahaha, dude, this week flew by sooo quickly. hope this week was memorable for you "wbong." I personally thought the week sped up right when i was starting to have fun. lol

i hope next week doesnt bring too many shenanigans. :p

actually this week should be interesting as well. :smuggrin:

hahahaha, dude, this week flew by sooo quickly. hope this week was memorable for you "wbong." I personally thought the week sped up right when i was starting to have fun. lol

i hope next week doesnt bring too many shenanigans. :p

actually this week should be interesting as well. :smuggrin:
Did you get your e-mail acceptance to A&M yet? I just noticed your signature.

Anyway, A&M just sent me an email telling me to clarify my maiden name...so...does that mean the acceptances are going out soon??? :laugh:

Anyway, A&M just sent me an email telling me to clarify my maiden name...so...does that mean the acceptances are going out soon??? :laugh:

That is definitely a good sign RNtoPharmacy! :)

My guess is that we will hear back on Wednesday (April Fools). Best of luck to everyone this week!

I dont remember if a P1 or a professor told me this, but I think acceptances come out next week, the first full week of April. I could be wrong though.

haha, no. im in the same class as garfie3ld. i was just sayin that it was quite an interesting week last week.

good luck!

haha, no. im in the same class as garfie3ld. i was just sayin that it was quite an interesting week last week.

good luck!
:mad: I'm sorry! I feel dumb! I don't know why I thought that.

So, for anyone here with some sort of frame of reference, how does kingsville stack up with the other pharmacy schools in Texas? Do you feel like you're being properly prepared? When I got there for my interview, I sort of felt like only bottom dwelling faculty would choose this spot to operate in. I was hoping they were isolationist or something and that I was all wrong. Anyway, I just want to know if you feel like they're doing their part to make you on par with any pharmacist coming out of any other school. And my other question is, is it really so presentation driven? That seems like a waste of time and effort.

So, for anyone here with some sort of frame of reference, how does kingsville stack up with the other pharmacy schools in Texas? Do you feel like you're being properly prepared? When I got there for my interview, I sort of felt like only bottom dwelling faculty would choose this spot to operate in. I was hoping they were isolationist or something and that I was all wrong. Anyway, I just want to know if you feel like they're doing their part to make you on par with any pharmacist coming out of any other school. And my other question is, is it really so presentation driven? That seems like a waste of time and effort.

Ouch, your statement was pretty rough. While Kingsville is not an idea location, neither are the locations of many popular pharmacy schools. I have two friends who are currently P1's at A&M and they seem very happy with their education so far. Presentation is probably important to A&M because they are a brand-new school, and they need to lure students in with their state-of-the-art facilities instread of on their high rankings.

I attend a 4 year university, and my adviser has full faith in Kingsville being a great pharmacy school. They are on their way to accreditation and have some of their fourth year pharmacy rotation students at the Texas Medical Center and other major areas.
The reason they chose Kingsville is because there aren't enough pharmacists at the border. You may have a different perspective of the school if the location was elsewhere, but their primary goal is to have more pharmacists in South Texas.
As for presentation, at my interview, all the faculty members were very nice and really encouraged you to do well in your interview. They were, also, very professional. I think pharmacy schools in general are professional with a very nice supporting staff. They want students to be interested in their school just like UH, UT, and other pharmacy schools. I did not see any act in my process.
Of course, we will not be able to relate this school with other pharmacy schools in TX until the first graduating class takes the NAPLEX exam. However, a pharmacy school headed by a very organized and professional staff can only mean and bring great things.

Last edited:
By presentation driven, I mean the course work. I think I read somewhere in this thread that there are a lot of student presentations. I was wondering how much of that you're asked to do and how often - and, personally, I don't mind rural areas much. I grew up in McAllen (which would have been a better location for a south texas pharmacy school, imo), so it's not a drastic change. I was just curious if the staff quality suffered based on the location.

By presentation driven, I mean the course work. I think I read somewhere in this thread that there are a lot of student presentations. I was wondering how much of that you're asked to do and how often - and, personally, I don't mind rural areas much. I grew up in McAllen (which would have been a better location for a south texas pharmacy school, imo), so it's not a drastic change. I was just curious if the staff quality suffered based on the location.

The faculty was the one of the main reasons why I decided to apply to A&M: they are well qualified and my interview experience only reinforced my viewpoint.

ok guyz so I decided to bump this thread up, just in case something happens. But I have heard from some one else who interviewed at A and M that acceptances go out next week, not this week. Though I do remember one of the guyz saying first week of April and cracking the April fools joke, I guess we will see what happens...

double post

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken, I was told by Dr. Robertson that acceptances will be going out during the first week of April :shrug:

Constantly checking my email doesn't help the anxiety.

If I am not mistaken, I was told by Dr. Robertson that acceptances will be going out during the first week of April :shrug:

Constantly checking my email doesn't help the anxiety.

Hey klaochh, do you know if the letter will be via snail mail or will it be by email?

Dr. Robertson said both. You will most likely receive your e-mail first, but just in case, they fed-ex an official letter to your address.

Good luck everyone! :luck::xf::)

Dr. Robertson said both. You will most likely receive your e-mail first, but just in case, they fed-ex an official letter to your address.

Good luck everyone! :luck::xf::)

Thanks for clarifying that...:)

GOOD LUCK to all...:xf:

i keep refreshing my email as well. i freak out everytime i see, NEW MAIL. lol.

I still dont think we're going to get anything this week. If I remember correctly I was told we would be notified in the first full week of april, which is next week.

ok I'm feeling that it will come next week too. I never heard 'full first week of April,' but it seems a lot of people were told that acceptances will come out the first full week. I was just told in the Fish Bowl that if you get an e-mail on April fools, it's not an April Fools joke!
relax time, everyone! until next week! the process will start over again with constant e-mail checking.. :D , we all need some :sleep:.

Hey guys so I got sick of waiting and decided I'd do everyone a favor and call them to see what's up because I do remember them saying that emails should go out today. But anyway, she said that they will not be sending anything today, but they could start as early as tomorrow or friday and if not, then "for sure on monday."

Hey guys so I got sick of waiting and decided I'd do everyone a favor and call them to see what's up because I do remember them saying that emails should go out today. But anyway, she said that they will not be sending anything today, but they could start as early as tomorrow or friday and if not, then "for sure on monday."

thanks for the update

Just checked my email and am happy to know that acceptances are not out yet since my inbox has shown no new emails. The school has a good personality. The only downside is that you're in a room all day. Anyway, hope everyone on here gets accepted.

Acceptances have been emailed. I just received my letter of acceptance!

Congratulations!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
is it bulk e-mail? what time was it sent out?
thanks!

Congratulations!!!! :D:D:D:D:D
is it bulk e-mail? what time was it sent out?
thanks!

Thanks. Looks like they are sent out individually. I received the email at 5:43pm.

mine was sent at 4:58 PM :)

Oh my gosh. I hope they are still e-mailing them out! :xf::xf::xf:
I don't know.

Congratulations!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D to both of you! And to everyone else who got one! I'm still hoping!