Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a Facebook group to join if you got accepted into the Class of 2017?

Go ahead and make one! haha In previous years us current students have also joined to help answer questions you guys have as it goes along. Then, the admin kicks us all out at the beginning of the year. (which is understandable--we all have our own class pages). And/Or y'all can join our general student page.

Members don't see this ad :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TAMPharmacy2017/ there is the link to the class of 2017 for Facebook, a few P1s and P2s are on there I believe right now just to help out. Congrats!

To those of you who have NOT gotten a call SERIOUSLY don't sweet! I got my call weeks after everyone got emails from the first set of admissions!

Why does everyone always forget us P3s? :( No love for room 132. :(

Hi Everyone! I'm currently trying to decide between A&M and Incarnate Word. I seriously loved both schools, faculty, and atmosphere. I do like the fact that UIW has a Spanish certification program; does A&M have something similar? I'm from San Antonio but I don't mind making the move to Kingsville. What do current A&M Kingsville students love most about the school? Also, is it true some lectures are given by long-distance faculty (meaning leactures are transmitted electronically)? Lastly, I'm curious to know how much current students pay per year to attend the school (tuition, books, living expenses, sanity pills :p included). I was told by a recent pharmacy school UIW graduate that after consolidating her loans she owed $200,000 and through her payment plan she would eventually end up paying close to $500,000 after interest was factored in. That price tag blew my mind! �� Any feed back/ advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

I also live in San Antonio and after weighing my options and looking at my expenses, it was actually less expensive for me to move to Kingsville than to attend the Feik School of Pharmacy. With a family and home in San Antonio, it was a difficult decision for me, but I wouldn't change it for anything. If I attended the Feik School of Pharmacy, I would have had to take out extra loans to pay for tuition and expenses. I do not have to do that here and I have enough with what is provided in loans to pay for all of my expenses including rent, insurance, food, entertainment, etc.

Also, being some distance from my family has contributed to my success as I can concentrate on my studying and not be distracted by not only them but the city of San Antonio as well (I mean Fiesta is coming up. :(). Trust me, I miss San Antonio immensely, but the school year goes by so fast. I can't believe it has already been one year! Everyone here (peers, staff & faculty) has made the transition for me easier and I love this school! It is out in the middle of no where, but when you do service learning you truly appreciate why this school is here and what we hope to achieve. The people we serve are genuine and truly appreciate that we are here.

As far as a Spanish certification program, I do know that we were asked at the beginning of the school year if our class would be interested in becoming certified. We took a survey and the response was positive, but I do not know what became of it or if the school plans to move forward with the program.

Hope the information helped somewhat. If there are more questions let us know! :)

P.S. I DO NOT miss San Antonio traffic and the mess off of 281 and surrounding streets to get to the Feik School of Pharmacy. :D

Everyone here (peers, staff & faculty) has made the transition for me easier and I love this school! It is out in the middle of no where, but when you do service learning you truly appreciate why this school is here and what we hope to achieve. The people we serve are genuine and truly appreciate that we are here.

I couldn't agree more! :love: (Sorry, I'm getting a bit nostalgic as I think about leaving here in about 2 months for rotations. I'm going to miss everyone!)

Whoops, sorry, I meant the P3's too, I guess it just slipped my mind, since you are so far away down the hall. Lot's of love and there are now P3s in there too!

Whoops, sorry, I meant the P3's too, I guess it just slipped my mind, since you are so far away down the hall. Lot's of love and there are now P3s in there too!

Haha, it's ok. I'll forgive you. :thumbup: ;)

I also live in San Antonio and after weighing my options and looking at my expenses, it was actually less expensive for me to move to Kingsville than to attend the Feik School of Pharmacy. With a family and home in San Antonio, it was a difficult decision for me, but I wouldn't change it for anything. If I attended the Feik School of Pharmacy, I would have had to take out extra loans to pay for tuition and expenses. I do not have to do that here and I have enough with what is provided in loans to pay for all of my expenses including rent, insurance, food, entertainment, etc.

Also, being some distance from my family has contributed to my success as I can concentrate on my studying and not be distracted by not only them but the city of San Antonio as well (I mean Fiesta is coming up. :(). Trust me, I miss San Antonio immensely, but the school year goes by so fast. I can't believe it has already been one year! Everyone here (peers, staff & faculty) has made the transition for me easier and I love this school! It is out in the middle of no where, but when you do service learning you truly appreciate why this school is here and what we hope to achieve. The people we serve are genuine and truly appreciate that we are here.

As far as a Spanish certification program, I do know that we were asked at the beginning of the school year if our class would be interested in becoming certified. We took a survey and the response was positive, but I do not know what became of it or if the school plans to move forward with the program.

Hope the information helped somewhat. If there are more questions let us know! :)

P.S. I DO NOT miss San Antonio traffic and the mess off of 281 and surrounding streets to get to the Feik School of Pharmacy. :D

Thank you so much for your response. I personally loved how welcoming everyone was on my interview day and how helpful current students have been. That was one big reason I felt so drawn to the school. I definiety know what you mean about having less distractions away from San Antonio. I went to a small liberal arts school in Maine for four years (this will be my first fiesta in a while) and I was able to better focus on my studies. I should ship you a funnel cake and confetti since you'll be missing out on Fiesta this year :p Once again thanks for the advice; before this post I was already going to choose A&M but I think your input has solidified my decision. :)

Ditto to everything you said. I am from San Antonio too and after doing some calculations, it was cheaper for me move and to attend A&M than to stay & go to UIW. I ended up moving to Corpus though cause I have kids and I want us to be able to have some fun on a free day I may have.

And I miss SA immensely as well and Fiesta! I didn't get to go to Fiesta last year for the first time in who knows how many years but I am going to try to attend at least one event this year. Been planning it for months now! :)

I do know there is an elective called Spanish for Pharmacists that you can take but not sure if it gets you certified.

Last edited:
I do know their is an elective called Spanish for Pharmacists that you can take but not sure if it gets you certified.

It doesn't get you certified, but it is an elective option (we have to take 6 hours of electives before graduation). They are working on making a Spanish certification program, but not sure how much further they have gotten on it since last I heard.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone
I'm so nervous waiting for an offer to the program.
Is there anyone who was accepted in the first round but will decline ?
We so far have three.
LOL I want to know if I has chance to get the offer?

Last edited:
Hi everyone
We so far have three.

I'll send the decline letter tomorrow morning. You'll get there! Best luck to you:luck:

Hi everyone
We so far have three.

I declined my offer this week, I hope you get that seat!

Has anyone gotten an acceptance during the 2nd round?

Hi everyone
We so far have three.
I declined. Hope you get in! Good luck!

I believe you guys will hear something mid-late next week if you get the 2nd wave. Good luck!!

I believe you guys will hear something mid-late next week if you get the 2nd wave. Good luck!!

2 weeks ago, I called and the lady said they will be sent out around 3/15. Then, I called on 3/15 and the lady said invites will be sent out on a come and go basis. I'm confused now.

2 weeks ago, I called and the lady said they will be sent out around 3/15. Then, I called on 3/15 and the lady said invites will be sent out on a come and go basis. I'm confused now.

I want to say she said around 3/15 because that's when the first round people had to have their papers in by. So, they now know how many spots they have left. They usually do 2nd wave admissions (and any further) by phone. So, keep an eye on that phone as well. :)

Thank you so much for your response. I personally loved how welcoming everyone was on my interview day and how helpful current students have been. That was one big reason I felt so drawn to the school. I definiety know what you mean about having less distractions away from San Antonio. I went to a small liberal arts school in Maine for four years (this will be my first fiesta in a while) and I was able to better focus on my studies. I should ship you a funnel cake and confetti since you'll be missing out on Fiesta this year :p Once again thanks for the advice; before this post I was already going to choose A&M but I think your input has solidified my decision. :)

Yay!!!! Can't wait to meet the class of 2017 and welcome you into our school! Don't think I won't take you up on your offer to ship me a funnel cake with powdered sugar! I'll be messaging you my address. LOl! j/k :D

Anybody got accepted since after the first wave went out?

Anybody got accepted since after the first wave went out?

Like was said before...the 2nd wave will prob start going out this week. Give them a few days. The 1st wave had until last Friday to respond. :)

Like was said before...the 2nd wave will prob start going out this week. Give them a few days. The 1st wave had until last Friday to respond. :)

You are always there to keep us staying calm. Thank you :love:

I am also PATIENTLY waiting for an acceptance.. Has anyone who has also been waiting heard anything?

da da da da da da da da da da da DA dadadada da da da da da da da DA da da da DUH DUH DUUHH

DOOM DUM

Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well according to the pharmacist filling in for the day at the pharmacy I work she said that if she followed the recommended 20 year pay back plan it would ultimately amount to $500,000. I thought she was playing around with me but she said she was completely serious. Just to provide some context she was from San Antonio but did not live at home during those 4 years so that also added to her costs. She also did not work during her time in pharmacy school. She graduated this past May and warned me about the high cost of attending UIW. I knew it was quite a bit but that price tag really took me by suprise. Of course things are cheaper if you have a working spouse or plan to live at home. Everyone's situation is different but this just happened to be her experience.
And this is why I am going to UNT pharmacy school. Super cheap. Ill only be 80g in debt. The fact that it's not accredited yet is a non issue for me. It will be, It is super high tech, Its ridiculous

WOOT! Just got a call from Ms. De Leon. I'm in!

February 14th interview btw.

Just got the call too!! Interviewed 2/15.

Is today the only day for the 2nd wave of acceptances?

Can you share your status please?
I'm worrying now :(

Applied to 10 schools thinking I would probably get 2 or 3 interviews, and just hoping to get just one acceptance. I got all 10 interviews and went to all but TSU (I cancelled). I have a pretty low GPA so didn't really expect that much.

GPA: 3.24
PCAT: 84 (really high math and science scores)
lots of extracurricular, no pharmacy experience
BA in Biology at UT

I think after going through so many interviews I gradually got better at it which was good because my top schools were near the last of my interviews. I got accepted into 7 out of the 9 schools I interviewed at.

Right now, I'm deciding between Tech and A&M. Leaning more towards A&M because of location, weather, and affordability.

Good luck y'all!

Just got a call I got in!!!!! Was not expecting to get the call at 8 pm lol

You are always there to keep us staying calm. Thank you :love:

You are welcome. I know it's hard to sometimes. :)

Can you share your status please?
I'm worrying now :(

Stats mean very little after interview invites. Stay calm.

Is today the only day for the 2nd wave of acceptances?

I can't confirm or deny this, but hang in there. I have a couple of peers that were accepted into July. You never know. They will keep calling people until all spots are confirmed to be filled. :thumbup:

Right now, I'm deciding between Tech and A&M. Leaning more towards A&M because of location, weather, and affordability.

Good luck y'all!

:thumbup::thumbup: :) Congrats to everyone on getting accepted! Don't forget to join the facebook group! There are a lot of current students on there for now answering all of your questions!!

Congrats to those who got in! Hopefully I can get a call here soon!

I didn't . So they only called those few yesterday? That makes it seem that the majority of the spots are already filled :/

I am sure there are students who are holding multiple spots at different schools. I am not sure when is the deadline for those students to pick one school and give up their spot at another. If anyone knows then please fill me in on that.

The deadline for those who got called yesterday is April 2. I'm sure more calls will go out after that.

There are people in my class who got accepted during our orientation, so spots will open up throughout the spring and summer, stay hopeful!

Has anybody that received phone calls gotten their packets in the mail yet?

I didn't . So they only called those few yesterday? That makes it seem that the majority of the spots are already filled :/

You also have to remember that SDN is a very small representative of the whole applicant pool.